Xp total not advancing

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Xp total not advancing

Post by SellSword »

I think Leone's suggestion makes sense. The problem? It's been suggested before...
death911 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am Yes i do support change which will be equal for all. If LVL cap would be say 12k or 15k then that would be equal for all because highest lvl by a player is 11k i guess. Or maybe greater XP requirements at 15k+ lvls..
That's from over a year ago. The highest level characters are now even higher in levels, so whatever line we draw needs to get higher...

I know things don't always catch on at first and sometimes it takes a few rounds of suggestions. I'm not opposed to changes, but when nothing is done you just wonder if anything will be.

My understanding is that the XP flattened out just above 3k because early on that was seen as an unreachable number, and it was probably close to it. (It's also why 1500 was special and deserving of a special skin reward.) When players started topping 2k and coming up on 3k that should have made it clear there was a need to fix something, and players wouldn't even know.

Now we are stuck with suggesting the same good ideas. Hopefully eventually some common sense catches on.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Nice find , sell. You've just notched yourself up a forum level right there:)
terminator

Post by terminator »

Leone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 pm Nice find , sell. You've just notched yourself up a forum level right there:)
He reached expert level^^
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

:lol: I just read it too much!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I wasn't suggesting a cap before it started, only bc the unbalancing has already affected FT as hard as it has. It wouldn't solve the CURRENT imbalance. As for why the 2.14b number, that's simply how a single unsigned integer works. ( see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3526&p=96296&#p96296 by MadMikael)
I just want the players to grow as they were originally intended. Adding a 15k min cap to the change will fix nothing.
Omnes Autem Uri
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm I wasn't suggesting a cap before it started, only bc the unbalancing has already affected FT as hard as it has. It wouldn't solve the CURRENT imbalance. As for why the 2.14b number, that's simply how a single unsigned integer works. ( see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3526&p=96296&#p96296 by MadMikael)
I just want the players to grow as they were originally intended. Adding a 15k min cap to the change will fix nothing.
Wouldn't fix current, but will fix future.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

terminator wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm I wasn't suggesting a cap before it started, only bc the unbalancing has already affected FT as hard as it has. It wouldn't solve the CURRENT imbalance.
~snip~
No it wouldn't, for this reason.
Leone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm It won't affect many players - realistically, how many players will hit 15k?
If we're not going to balance the game's growth for everyone, then why even bother?
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I wonder what percentage of players (that play for more than a few days) will actually reach certain levels. Maybe a few that reach 15k, but 10k rare as well, and despite what people say I doubt 5k I'd a high percentage.

I understand the dedicated players (probably representing a good portion of incoming money) carry a lot of clout, but as far as overall numbers the level 3300 players are the great minority.
terminator

Post by terminator »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 am
terminator wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm I wasn't suggesting a cap before it started, only bc the unbalancing has already affected FT as hard as it has. It wouldn't solve the CURRENT imbalance.
~snip~
No it wouldn't, for this reason.
Leone wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:36 pm It won't affect many players - realistically, how many players will hit 15k?
If we're not going to balance the game's growth for everyone, then why even bother?
Well we can always go back to the level reducement idea
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
terminator

Post by terminator »

Scrolling through the forum and found this kind of old but not old post. This bring up memories or remind anyone of something? Shows ideas do become reality. :)
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf