Gullander

Re: Gravedigger letter help me

Post by Gullander »

Plus one to above!!!!
Retired
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Yes, he assumed the letter would "magically " appear in his inventory...I wonder if he thinks gear will equip itself too ??
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

sebciu1990,
don't try to pass gross exaggerations off as truth. You will get better reception from the crowd by just being honest.
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

This is the second new player i have found on the forum in as many days. Definitely not the more pleasant of the two.
Sebciu1990,
If you want to ask unpaid volunteers for help, expect them to give it when they can. If you want to deal with an issue yourself, and/or take the advice of (obviously) more experienced players, that's fine too.
However, blasting a game you haven't even played for long enough to have a clue makes you the kind of player that even I am happy to see leave. Go ahead and give your 1-star rating. Truly decent players giving their honest 4-5 stars will outshine your bad attitude.
Have fun in whatever game you decide to leave FT to go play.
Omnes Autem Uri
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

Nowadays, people (especially the youngest ones) are used finding good customer care service in the games they play.

I guess it's unpleasantly surprising to them when FT results having no true one.

In a world where one is used receiving a real-time answer (be it even a "we have your request, please wait XX hours"), FT's silence is surely not up to expectations.

I know FT players are accustomed to the way things are run here.
Let's imagine a cafè-restaurant run as FT is.
A new client arrives and gets a cup of coffee. Let's suppose the coffee is not sweet enough, so the new client looks for sugar, but the sugar bowl is empty.
The new client starts looking for a waiter, but there is none on sight.
The only persons in the cafè are other clients.
The new one begins laudly calling for a waiter; at that point, other clients are annoyed by the noise, and explain how things are done there.
There's no true staff: the cafè owner (who usually doesn't show in his business and runs things from away) is helped by a small number of old clients who attend the place and its clients when they can, in their free time (of course, this takes away time from their own consuming cafè's goods, sadly, but someone has to clean up, cook and serve, after all).
Ok, there's no sugar: what a deal! Leave a message in the post-it bowl and return from time to time in next days to see if sugar has been placed next to your cup. In the meanwhile, look: there's tea and cake, and stop bothering other customers.

Now, I wonder: would this be your favourite cafè?
Would the new client be *so* wrong in feeling surprise and disappointment?
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

You are right in the sense there are a number of issues that players who have played FT for awhile have gotten used to and I guess to some extent have become jaded when it comes to complaints. And yes in your scenario I probably wouldn't visit that cafe again. Would I become agitated and make a scene and call for the manager? Would I blame the other customers in the cafe for the problem? The answer to both is no. This is how this complaint came across as far as I saw it and several others. We are not unsympathetic but recoil at threats. I am sorry the response time is not as other games but after it was explained how this game presently works the player has the choice leave the cafe or wait. That's the way it is. Do I wish things were improved yes and these situations could be resolved in real time not later yes. But you come to the forum for answers which were provided but ungraciously received in this case. So I agree with you in the reasons a player may feel this way...but not in the manner how those feelings were shared on this forum.

This is closer to the actuality of events...but I do apologize for any comments beyond the facts that were reflective on the character of the player involved. The fact that I took issue with how something was said does not change the fact the player had a problem whether or not it was his fault or not is not important. My response should have been limited to trying to help on this forum. People spout off all the time here so I apologise for my reaction to this player.
Last edited by Gullander on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ vasinta

I certainly would not return to that cafe. EVER!

However in the FT world, I'm here, settled in and not quite gotten use to it. Struggle to try and get some changes made and at time meet hostility from others in the game "That's the way it is here!"

"Stop complaining", "Stop whining!", "Get use to it, been that way forever!" blah - blah - blah.

Well, that doesn't cut it! Just because "That's the way it is here" doesn't make it right!
There are bugs (lack of sugar) that need fixing (bowel filled up) and NO ONE is doing anything about it.

Here's a few:
- - Trade Bug <--- scammers LOVE this one
- - from reading the forum "broken Clan doors" <<-- a very old one from what I read
- - fake borders that cause the killing of pets. PLAYERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT LOSS!

HOWEVER:
1. New Content comes out,
- no bug fixes
2. New Premium Skins come out,
- no bug fixes
3. - Selling of houses continues
- no bug fixes
3. Selling of crafted good has dropped by ±30%
- no bug fixes
4. Cost of quest go up.
- no bug fixes
5. Sandbox editor
- nice get more players creating content for game
- - - Where's Mate's content?
- no bug fixes
6. Impossible drop rates.
- selling dropped items ... drop in gold by ±30%
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Vas, I do agree with much of what you said but I'm afraid the OP didn't do himself many favours.

In the cafe you mention, the waiters would ignore him for another customer!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Please note forum readers I have edited most of my other comments, please take the time to read them as they represent my attempt to soften my tone and apologize where needed. Thank you.!
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gull: all unedited and edited comments ok my mate.
All done. Np.