Quest bug map 3.2

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Darkhorde

Quest bug map 3.2

Post by Darkhorde »

Cant seem to reach this quest giving npc,tried exiting the map and restarting the game.
Screenshot_20191215-154930_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20191215-154930_Forgotten Tales.jpg (886.76 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
Darkhorde

Re: Quest bug map 3.2

Post by Darkhorde »

Ok finally got the npc to spawn outside the fence.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

This will happen a lot with npc's.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Had this up before but hit "Preview" vs "Submit" - thank goodness for "FF Text Area Cache" Addon
======================
Yea, he does that on occasion.

Same as the Amazon slave girl at the tavern, sometimes she appears behind the bar.

And then there's Princess Resa or Ascanius appearing in the "fake border zone" at times too.

Annoying as all get up and go-go. :D
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

And don't forget about the bandit that appears behind the wall under blitzbee island.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

There are spawn issues with any number of npcs at times. The boy who needs mushrooms can appear along the border, same with the soldier at the outpost, same as... And then there are ones like the old man who appears in a fenced off area, the soldier at Martek's who appears on top of the horse...

The issue has been around long before the fake borders even. Just log out or change maps until they are accessible. That's probably been the advice for several years now and probably won't change.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

SellSword wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:28 am There are spawn issues with any number of npcs at times. The boy who needs mushrooms can appear along the border, same with the soldier at the outpost, same as... And then there are ones like the old man who appears in a fenced off area, the soldier at Martek's who appears on top of the horse...

The issue has been around long before the fake borders even. Just log out or change maps until they are accessible. That's probably been the advice for several years now and probably won't change.
Sometimes I have to log out like 5 or 6 times and when that doesn't work, I have to leave that area and come back later for the npc to actually move.

By the way, what quest is the soldier at the outpost? I may have missed a quest.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Checking on the human outpost on map 4, 0 is pretty much part of the "lost forge part" line of quests. You have to bring them some fish and firewood and then (I think) you get the quest for the missing part from the humans.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

SellSword wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:02 am Checking on the human outpost on map 4, 0 is pretty much part of the "lost forge part" line of quests. You have to bring them some fish and firewood and then (I think) you get the quest for the missing part from the humans.
Oh yea I remember that now. Thanks.
Darkhorde

Post by Darkhorde »

SellSword wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:28 am There are spawn issues with any number of npcs at times. The boy who needs mushrooms can appear along the border, same with the soldier at the outpost, same as... And then there are ones like the old man who appears in a fenced off area, the soldier at Martek's who appears on top of the horse...

Thanks yea I figured,makes it more believable also I'm sure a person living in a progressive world wouldnt be in the exact place after how many days looking for thier quest items or beasts to slay lol been having a blast here glad I decided to give this a second go.