You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

Twister Skill

Post by justj99 »

FT Account name: Tuntun
Time of bug: 12:56, Apr 21
Where: Map 0, 2; Anywhere

What: Twister, lvl 100 ogre skill, works only when ogre hits, not each time enemy hits

Why: Manual says, "Twister - Each time a foe hits you, he loses 2% of his (current) life. (Level 100)". The behavior in game does not represent this. It also only works against one opponent at a time. The manual does not say it is limited to one enemy.

Other comments: The lvl 60 skill is used against multiple opponents by switching enemies and landing a hit on each enemy. This skill seems to be weaker than the lvl 60 skill, which doesn't make much sense. I don't know how long a skill lasts, but if it's 10s and 1 attack per second, then that is a max of 20% damage to one foe. So the lvl 100 skill is less than lvl 60 skill in damage too. Seems like a bug. Let me know please. Thanks.
justj99

Re: Twister Skill

Post by justj99 »

Also, for situational awareness, is a "hit" also supposed to be counted for skills (always hit, e.g.) or spell attacks? Thanks again.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Last edited by Barkley on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I'm not sure I understand you...

Lvl 60 skill does 25% damage to every foe I can hit while it is active. That works on 1 or as many as I can hit. Most of the time, I can't do 25% damage with one hit or with double damage in the same time period. Maybe against weaker opponents.

The level 100 skill only helps me with 1 (as is), but I seem to have to hit that opponent for it to work. The manual suggests that is not the case, and is part of what I think is the bug. Also, you say the 100 skill helps with 1v1, but that level 60 skill will win. That seems to contradict itself...

I'm not saying you're wrong about how it works, it just doesn't seem to work as advertised. Or I don't understand how to use it in the right context. At the least, I would say the manual text needs to be updated some if it is working as desired.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

You are right. It was broken some time ago after rewriting many parts of server code. It should be fixed now :) Please let me know if all is working ok.
Richogre

Post by Richogre »

W
Last edited by Richogre on Thu May 21, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richogre

Post by Richogre »

:( It was supposed to deal dmg when somebody hit us? Because its completly useless. 2 days ago It was doing dmg when WE HIT someone, that was good. Dont you think if that was better? Cuz now ogre has first skill same as other characters, second skill little worse than other characters, and third skill useless. Please think abiut it, I dont wanna waste my 130 lvl ogre :(.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here is the Game Manual which was written many years ago.

http://ftmmorpg.dmgamestudio.com/help/#character_class

If you check section 2.2, it tells you information about how the different skills work for each class - including the ogre.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

compbatant wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:14 pm You are right. It was broken some time ago after rewriting many parts of server code. It should be fixed now :) Please let me know if all is working ok.
It seems to be working against physical attacks, but maybe not magic spells. Is that correct?