You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Ranged Pet Attack

Post by SellSword »

FT Account name: SellSword
Time of bug: Any
Where: Any
What: Stationary ranged pets (blood fairies) do not attack ranged mobs that move into range and attack pets
Why: Shouldn't pets attack any mobs in attack range?

Other comments: Below is a common situation. I am walking with my blood fairies and I stop. Melee mobs like spiders and wolves move in range and my pets attack. But ranged mobs such as yellow archers in this screenshot will move into their attack range and attack my pets, but my pets will just sit there and do nothing. If I tap on the d-pad any direction my fairies will suddenly attack, same as if I whip them or move them.

If fairies have a range at least equal to the mobs (I know it's more) then shouldn't they automatically attack mobs that come close enough?

If I move towards mobs and stop in range pets will attack. It's only when pets are sitting there and ranged mobs move in to position.
Screenshot_20200614-185848_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20200614-185848_Forgotten Tales.jpg (886.95 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Elgur

Re: Ranged Pet Attack

Post by Elgur »

if range is 8, then yes they should attack.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It is an odd thing. I have a couple of thoughts though no answer. The first is how a range pet operates if you are traveling using the pad versus touch and move. Pad they follow obediently touch they lag and roam looking for prey. The second is the general nature of ranged monsters which would include pets. They move actively until they reach their range then stop. That doesn't explain though why they fire at melee but not a ranged that stops like a sitting duck! :D But maybe the actively moving has something to do with targeting a ranged enemy just as the ranged enemy is actively moving until it reaches it's range limit.
Retired
Sumit

Post by Sumit »

Yeah i agreed with sell sword he is right i experienced it when i had normal farries which i bought when i was 380. My faries range was 12 but they dint attacked in 12 range they attacked at 7 to 8 range.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I experienced a similar issue with my character and will link that bug report to here as well.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18114
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

It seems like pets have a "detectable" range of around 8 (or 7or less?), even if they can attack much farther away. Strange it doesn't happen when they move though.