Dwarf injustice (I'm so angry)

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

BeyazTurk

Dwarf injustice (I'm so angry)

Post by BeyazTurk »

Hi :o I'm so angry :o Something terrible happened to me today :o I'm so angry :o Very :o Very :o Very :o I'm 3k on the test server today :o All of my items were 3k :o We did pvp with a mage :o I used my magic resistance skill when Pvp started :o I had a total 120% magic resistance. But the mage hit me. :evil: :evil: :evil: How does this happen? :o This is impossible!!! :o I have 120% magic resistance. :o Against these rules :evil: I'm so angry. :evil: I don't like mages at all. :evil: The most durable character dwarf. :o So I develop dwarf. :o To be very resistant to mages. :evil: :o I thought magicians couldn't hit me when I had 120% magic resistance. But it hits. How that happens? Mages cannot hit me with 120% magic resistance. Please fix this😭😭😭
I'm permanently banned from the game and the forum. all my forum accounts are permanently blocked. if you text me I probably won't see it.
-Komutan-
Gullander

Re: Dwarf injustice (I'm so angry)

Post by Gullander »

This is very interesting I would like to know just how it all works. As it stands my acct has 51% resistance from gear and if I use dwarf mage skill +50% or total of 101%. So does that mean a mages spells are made zero while I use mage skill?. Or does the skill or gear work separately rather than combined.? If combined then I see why you would be angry. Could someone please explain how the magic resistance works as it relates to gear? Thank you.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

The test server is make believe to test items. I see it as a bit like Alice in Wonderland.

As long as nothing from the test server finds its way to the main server, then carry on regardless.
BeyazTurk

Post by BeyazTurk »

So the 50% magic resistance skill of the dwarf doesn't work? :o :o :o :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm permanently banned from the game and the forum. all my forum accounts are permanently blocked. if you text me I probably won't see it.
-Komutan-
Syor

Post by Syor »

I may be wrong but maybe the two are Different.

The ability is clear: 50% chance that the spell will hit you.

Instead the 50% magic resistance equipment, that is, you take 50% of the damage or any hostile spell.

I think.

Instead if both concern the possibility of being hit, then with 101% you shouldn't be hit .... a critical hit belongs !!!!
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
justj99

Post by justj99 »

The dwarf skill says, "Spell Resist - Spell resistance +50% (Level 30)". I would also take that to mean resistance to damage per hit, not reduced chance to hit. Achieving complete resistance to damage also doesn't seem fair though.

Aren't many of the skills halved for pvp? Maybe that's also the case here, so it's only 25% resistance. That would lower the 120% to 95%. Test it again with just one spell attack and do the math. Spell points not from equipment x 2.5 x 0.05 (due to resistance) and see if the damage done seems right.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

I see this now too:
"During PvP, the mage's heal spell and attack spells are reduced by 50%."

So maybe point x 1.25 x 0.05 for resistance.

Edited to add this:
If I was a 10k+ mage and put 20,000 points to mana:

20k x 1.25 (pvp) x 0.05 (resist) = 1,250 damage.

5 spells per second is 6,250 damage per second. I'm not high enough in level to know if that is reasonable or not for things to be somewhat fair for attacking. Granted, they can still heal 20k x 1.25 per spell if alone, so I'm just talking about the attack number being "fair" here. What kind of damage can a 10k level non-mage do? Add 20k points to str means over 20k damage per second? Pretty good too!
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

BeyazTurk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:03 am Hi :o I'm so angry :o Something terrible happened to me today :o I'm so angry :o Very :o Very :o Very :o I'm 3k on the test server today :o All of my items were 3k :o We did pvp with a mage :o I used my magic resistance skill when Pvp started :o I had a total 120% magic resistance. But the mage hit me. :evil: :evil: :evil: How does this happen? :o This is impossible!!! :o I have 120% magic resistance. :o Against these rules :evil: I'm so angry. :evil: I don't like mages at all. :evil: The most durable character dwarf. :o So I develop dwarf. :o To be very resistant to mages. :evil: :o I thought magicians couldn't hit me when I had 120% magic resistance. But it hits. How that happens? Mages cannot hit me with 120% magic resistance. Please fix this😭😭😭
You are sad cos you can't beat someone with it? I mean.. obviously that can't work. Allthow the balancing is awful it isont that bad. I don't understand how you are so mad about a it being balanced in this situation. Just cos you don't like mages you can't just try and have em be useless. Theres people who love em, people who level them up to many thousands and now if you would only need that to be amune it wouldn't be fair would it? I don't think compbatant will fix that mages can do damage not an enemy.
Have fun in the test serve, it's a waste of time anyway. Constant emoji spam doesn't help.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst