Kulgan's House Guard bug

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

OC Dawgs

Kulgan's House Guard bug

Post by OC Dawgs »

So I'm helping a newbie as usual, and he can't talk to Guard. This NPC should say something or must response but he doesn't. Again, this quest bugs is really frustrating for the new players. It ruins their gameplay experience. I suggest you always check diagnostics to these NPC's frequently so that you can prevent this kind of bugs. Hoping to be fixed as soon as possible. Cheers!
Doubt is the greatest enemy!
SellSword

Re: Kulgan's House Guard bug

Post by SellSword »

Is the new player confident that all scripting with the previous npc has been finished, or whatever the previous step is? I've gone through with an alt fairly recently without issue, so unless something changed maybe the new player isn't actually at that point?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I also help people do that quest.

OCDawg can you get your friend to tell us "exactly", word for word, (or screenshots) what is in his quest logs.

I have never had a problem with Kulgan's Tutorial quests.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
OC Dawgs

Post by OC Dawgs »

Sorry for late reply in this post. Apparently, that guy haven't finished the whole dialogue that's why the guard won't talk. Now he came back to Apprentice and finished it and it solved the issue.

Thanks SellSword and LostKnight for the responses.

Cheers!
Doubt is the greatest enemy!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

It actually amazes me the number of level 3 to 5 players that say they have finished that line of quests.

IF a player does everything Kulgan says, and no other quests, a player will be at a minimum level 15 when done.

If you add in the other early quests as you walk by them, between 0.0, Ashdown, the carbon mines and the blacksmith, fighting a few extra mobs in the mine quite possibly level 16. Let's not forget the 2 from the witch and the guy looking for ghost gloves on Banktown map.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I will say though that I've left a few NPCs before I was totally done with the scripting. I've even run into this exact same issue where I run down to the guard by Kulgan's house only to find myself running back to the campfire. When the dialogue stops and you have to talk to the NPC to continue that throws you off.

A similar issue is when people get to the House of Houses quests and they find themselves stuck because Proditor wasn't done talking. A bit longer of a walk there!

I've started talking to each NPC until the ? disappears or the NPC starts to repeat.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:33 pm · · · · · · cut along dotted line · · · · · ·
I've started talking to each NPC until the ? disappears or the NPC starts to repeat.
SAGE ADVICE for ALL Quests.

Like when a famous exGM says something like: "Sit, have a drink with me" repeatedly and his wife thinks he's home sleeping it off in bed.
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Pleased all sorted. It often requires backtracking. Next time, perhaps post in Help Wanted.
Atchoums

Post by Atchoums »

The quest bug after talk with the fisherman ogre. Kulgan ask bring a fish road from ogre. Ogre ask go to the guard Kulgan's house take an hammer. The guard is blocked with : return to apprentice with the food. All the next can't be making.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Atchoums wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:04 pm The quest bug after talk with the fisherman ogre. Kulgan ask bring a fish road from ogre. Ogre ask go to the guard Kulgan's house take an hammer. The guard is blocked with : return to apprentice with the food. All the next can't be making.
What level are you?
I might be easier to start over.
Remember to talk to each NPC until they:
- stop talking OR
- repeat the same last statement over and over.

If I recall correctly you had to take the food to Kulgan after which he tells you to go for the rod. So yes quite possibly a bug showed up in the quest line.
I was always AFK!