You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

yarite

Reset stats drops XP to zero

Post by yarite »

FT Account name: yarite
Time of bug: "Same time as post"
Where: Start map

What: I had lvl 121 and about 27.1M XP (it was about 99% of 27238k XP required for next lvl 122).
After resetting stats, character has expected -1 lvl - to lvl 120.
BUT xp become: 0/26574k, which is ridiculous.

Why: It is very disappointing that xp is zeroed. I'd expect it to be at least same 99% of earned, e.g. 26000/26574k. As a result I lost one extra LVL : (

Other comments: Looks like some internal calculation is wrong because amount of XP earned was higher than needed for -1lvl (lvl 120), so program misbehaved. Normally it preserves XP points.
blitzcraig

Re: Reset stats drops XP to zero

Post by blitzcraig »

thank you for the report... we will look into this :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Unit123

Post by Unit123 »

yarite wrote:FT Account name: yarite
Time of bug: "Same time as post"
Where: Start map

What: I had lvl 121 and about 27.1M XP (it was about 99% of 27238k XP required for next lvl 122).
After resetting stats, character has expected -1 lvl - to lvl 120.
BUT xp become: 0/26574k, which is ridiculous.

Why: It is very disappointing that xp is zeroed. I'd expect it to be at least same 99% of earned, e.g. 26000/26574k. As a result I lost one extra LVL : (

Other comments: Looks like some internal calculation is wrong because amount of XP earned was higher than needed for -1lvl (lvl 120), so program misbehaved. Normally it preserves XP points.
Can I point out a potential issue if it does get fixed? If lvl 120 needed 4k to lvl and 121 needed 5k, if u had 4.5k xp and lost a lvl, u would regain the lvl instantly, u wudv just lost xp
Contact me for any help
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

It is exactly as Unit124 said. All is good. I fixed this recently and now it is set to 0 which is correct.
yarite

Post by yarite »

compbatant wrote:It is exactly as Unit124 said. All is good. I fixed this recently and now it is set to 0 which is correct.
Thanks for the explanation. Good to know it works as designed, but such approach is very unfriendly.

It just truncated irrespectively to all the time and effort spent for earning that 27M XP for no serious reason. For me it's not good at all, and I feel disappointed enough to stop playing.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

yarite wrote:
compbatant wrote:It is exactly as Unit124 said. All is good. I fixed this recently and now it is set to 0 which is correct.
Thanks for the explanation. Good to know it works as designed, but such approach is very unfriendly.

It just truncated irrespectively to all the time and effort spent for earning that 27M XP for no serious reason. For me it's not good at all, and I feel disappointed enough to stop playing.
but ifu use this mage directly after lvling up, its ok.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
yarite

Post by yarite »

Gandalf wrote:
yarite wrote:

but ifu use this mage directly after lvling up, its ok.
Yes : ) I'd definitely do that way if I knew about zeroing XP in time. Just didn't expect such unfair behavior.
It's a big difference of loosing 1.9lvl instead of expected 1lvl.
I believe if any banking system allows such truncation - it will start loosing clients.

I agree with Unit123 , char should definitely loose 1lvl by visiting mage. But I think that loosing all XP to solve such bug - is a lazy and unfair fix of a problem. Good solution is - loosing proportional amount of XP, e.g. if I have xp4/5, after loosing 1lvl it should be xp3.2/4 but not xp0/4.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

maybe, we add a text to the mage, to tell this.
but if you lose a level, it would also be possible, that you start at 0, imo. so, one could ask other players around or ask on forum, if it is that important.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
kollex

Post by kollex »

I support yarite on this. The mage promises a 1 lvl loss, not 1.0-1.(9) depending on your current XP.
I see several ways of solving this:

/Number will be given as an example in each case, stats: lvl 50, current XP:1900.0k/1989765, 89765 to lvl51, or ~4.5%) /

1. Lose XP needed to lvl up on current level. This way whatever is left on previous will never be enough to get back, but it will be awful at low levels. Ex: lvl 49, cur. XP: 1758235, 89765 to lvl50
2. Lose XP needed to get to current, and if the rest is enough to lvl back up, just stay at -1 point, so that your level does take a hit, but a short-lived one. Ex: lvl49, cur. XP:1874999, 1XP to lvl 50.
3. Lose XP proportionately to what you have, as yarite suggested. Ex: lvl49, cur. XP: 1790412, 84587 XP to lvl50, or ~4.5% (same percentage you needed to lvl before you undergo stats reset)
blade

Post by blade »

i wondered will there be bug wen resetting stats such case....so i did experiment ;) reset wen xp was in between current nd next lvl (i did this many days ago )
i found my xp to 0 and 1 lvl loss so i felt sad:(
but spiders nearby made me happy:) they opened my eyes
i killed a spider and and i lvled :D
--» there's no xp lose
--» it just shows 0xp and any lil xp gained lvl u up..as
spider lvled me up

so no xp loss.. same as unit said
Last edited by blade on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.