You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

yarite

Ascanius can't talk about Ring of Protection

Post by yarite »

FT Account name: yarite
Time of bug: "Same time as post"
Where: map 0.-2

What: I got Ring of Protection and now there is a quest "...Talk to Ascanius!". But when I come to Ascanius he has no "Question icon" and can't talk, because I didn't complete Sebastius quest yet.

Why: It is logically correct according to the story line, but only because I already know the story line. Also it's good to force characters keep that ring until the right time comes. But it still looks weird that quests says talk to Ascanius and you can't do it.

Other comments: Anyway it's minor bug, rare conditions for reproducing, and probably does not worth effort fixing it. But just feel obligatory to report : )
Insider

Re: Ascanius can't talk about Ring of Protection

Post by Insider »

Maybe you didnt finish quests which are required to do this one. Finish quests of 1st chapter in storyline :)
yarite

Post by yarite »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Maybe you didnt finish quests which are required to do this one. Finish quests of 1st chapter in storyline :)
Yep, I listed that in bug description - Sebastius quest is not complete. It's not a serious bug, just rather confusing behavior. So if any other player have similar problem, they'll just find this thread on forum : )
Thanks for willing to help.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

if I'm understanding correctly, changing new quests so that you cannot start them until after finishing sebastius quest would solve this irregularity, right?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

think so. butthat would break storyline. basicly you should not be able to start the quest if u didnt finish the earlier ones
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yes, this is what I meant
⬜ 💣 🌏
yarite

Post by yarite »

I've verified. After completing Sebastius quest I went directly to Ascanius, and successfully discussed about the Ring of Protection.

It's fine to keep the North witch quest active, because it's not easy to buy "Red Mixture" for lower lvls, and it's very high chance that Sebastius quest will be completed by the time char get's "Red Mixture".

I like that North witch emphasizes on NEVER let that ring go. And now we have awesome Bank feature - perfect place to store the ring.
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

The problem with this is that I'm level 60 (rpg, btw) and if Ascanius won't talk to me about the ring until I finish Sebastius, then I've now stacked 2 quests I can't finish unless I grind out 15 levels. I was frustrated with just the one quest being held hostage. Now there's 2. Very frustrating.
zedmore

Post by zedmore »

I have the same problem, somewhere along the way i got bugged on stranger in the basement quest. Neither the guy on first floor or guy in basement of library will talk to me. I have in my bags wisp sting, green flow spell and iron plate and nothing. I also still have symbol of god, he took the book from the basement of the warlock den. I also have ring of protection and ascanius wont talk either. Dont know what to do to fix this. I am level75 and dont want to start over and dont have anthing else to do other then grid to 100 or 150 to do the only other quest i can find to do in the mages tower. Please help me find a fix.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

there are 2 guys in the basement of library, did you try both?
⬜ 💣 🌏