recently exploited bug

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

recently exploited bug

Post by blitzcraig »

We discovered a bug where a few players recently received a huge (and unreasonable) amount of gold by selling the new level 200 heat ring for 1,200 M gold (was simple input error in value of item) We are disappointed that a few long time players didn't report it to us, but have decided not to punish them for abusing it. Obviously, the gold from the bug will be removed from the game though. If you currently have gold from exploiting this bug, please do not try to "hide" it or anything similar before it is removed as that would only increase work for us, and run the possibility of further action :/

by the way, the bug has been fixed, but the shop may still show wrong sale price for that item. it should be fixed soon as well.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Re: recently exploited bug

Post by blitzcraig »

The vast majority of the gold has been removed. Three clans did still profit a little from exploiting the bug because we have decided not to remove buildings they upgraded with some of the gold. Let this serve as notice (along with the regular game rules of course) that in the future, if a clan exploits a bug and uses that gold on buildings, they will be removed - most likely in excess of whatever they gained through the bug. It's bad enough that you cheat the game and GMs have to spend
our time fixing it, but it's even worse that you cheat your fellow players :/
⬜ 💣 🌏
Jive

Post by Jive »

hows selling a ring to a shop exploiting and how can u remove gold?... gold not gained by the bug?... you leave clans broke?... as I recall I asumed it was correct price cuz of the gold you need for quest... didnt stop to think it was a mistake on your part... you nvr make mistakes... so why is gold not from this mistake being taken away?... dont asume we cheated cuz you made a mistake... actions regarding this went to far... remove gold and give back rings but dont remove gold not added to clan cuz of your mistake not ours... your in the wrong here bro...
}-)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I (and we) make plenty of mistakes... even "'fess up" to them. This was one such mistake - the value integer was incorrectly set for this item. There were three players who did not have enough gold on character or in clan they added to (as you added to DR) to remove it all without removing buildings or gear. We did not do that, but since you and two others ended up with extra gold, you three will not get the rings returned either (obviously) I will happily return your 6 rings if you return the 1,600 Million that we were not able to remove from Jive & DR... let me know when to meet and I'll happily make that trade for you.

As for you not knowing it was a bug, I simply do not believe that. While I understand you clearly don't like me personally, I don't think so little of your understanding of the game to believe that you think this item could sell for such an outrageous price. Additionally, you continued to build with that gold while we were removing it, despite my having posted that we were asking people not to... But frankly, none of that matters though because as I stated, we've decided not to take further action against you or your clan... my suggestion is that you accept you cheated, and take your extra gold with a smile.
⬜ 💣 🌏
Jive

Post by Jive »

couldnt have used up the 800m in dr before this "bug"... so that dont add up... jive had 400m before selling a ring that he crafted and sold to a shop that clearly had the price marked... anyway you look at it a mistake on your half isnt a bug... and you took from lgnd twice?... were out grinding gold... its the role of a high lvl mage in clan... price was marked plain as day... wrong to take what was done once... not like anyone went to expoit... sold ones I made cuz was told the 200 shop buy... go there sell... notice gold in pack and added to clan... no exploit no bug just sellin a craft item... and your mistake costs me gold?... your wrong... I had 10 other rings... if I exploited or abused why didnt I make 12bil more?... sorry some of us burn that sweet green and drink like fish so were not always smart... 80% of wars are started on vodka nites... now I have to explain to clan that all there gold donated was takin cuz I/me added gold from selling a ring?... not fair we lose out cuz you made a mistake... 420 peace out... you do whatever u want anyway its pointless tryin
}-)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

again, your account and your clan still gained extra gold out of this bug... I truly don't understand what the issue is here....
⬜ 💣 🌏
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

REMEMBER MODS TOOK FIRST DR MEGA CITY IN FRONT OF DOOM (DAHOBBIT DID) AS A RESULT FROM DUPLICATION BUG. EVEN THOUGH ALL EXPLOITED THAT BUG I ASK TO BE PUNISHED FOR ALL OF FT. SO THAT BEING SAID. HASN'T [DR] BEEN PUNISHED ENOUGH FROM MY TERRIBLE LEADERSHIP & MODS? BTW DUNNO BOUT NEW GEAR NOW IN QUESTION BECAUSE THE HIGHEST GEAR I HAVE IS LVL 50 HEEHEE. ;}
GOLGREN

Post by GOLGREN »

GOLGREN EAT BUG ONCE
maxter

Post by maxter »

I found out about this so called bug on Sunday. Didn't cross my mind it was a bug. I Had 2 rings that i bought 1 to wear and 1 to resale for small profit to other players. So when i seen it of course first thing comes like to anyone else whoohoo i know ghe secret. So i bought another ring that day and sold it too. But of course next morning i thought about it and realized this will be a problem for game economy. I was afraid to post on forums and i dont know how and where to get creators email. I saw my friend online. I knew he used to be mod so i ask him if he can write letter. And he did didn't expect to be jailed and all gold confiscated because fault on creator. You guys need to test things out before. And punishing players excessively for something is not their fault is wrong.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

hi maxter,

good to hear from you. the jailing and confiscating was done to get into contact with you.

you could send a GM an email ;) but no problem, now you know this and we will sort that issue out.

please answer my PM.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German