Spawn limit

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ziomxdds3

Spawn limit

Post by ziomxdds3 »

My suggestion is to increase the limit of monsters on the map, because when on the map, for example, in the underground with the pharaoh spiders there are more than 3 players with animals (ogres or fairys), you can not make monsters. I suggest increasing the limit twice.
ziomxdds1 DRWALF 154
ziomxdds3 MAGE 653
MagicMike Ogre 91
death911

Re: Spawn limit

Post by death911 »

Please increase the spawn limit...
4 to 5 players in devil island at devil mushy ... then very few spawn and very bad spawn. Low xp for evryone..
Please increase spawn limit...
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I disagree. If the spawn limit increases, it will put extra stress on the servers and slow play for everyone.

Instead, keep the total map spawn the same, but limit how many spawn per player/pet(s).
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I like the spawn limits just the way they are.

I've been on maps with lots of others as well, Blue Vlads comes to mind, and yea, it's rough at times when, "HuUH! Where's the spawn!" and I also got angry at being pushed off by higher level players moving in to my spawn area and taking them all. I learned to go there at a times when there are less players, or simply go to another map. Works every time.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
death911

Post by death911 »

Humble_M wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:36 pm I disagree. If the spawn limit increases, it will put extra stress on the servers and slow play for everyone.

Instead, keep the total map spawn the same, but limit how many spawn per player/pet(s).
I am not asking for an enormous increase..
Just a little bit so long the servers can handle..
When a high lvl player is doing auto spawn on dark devils in devil island then the spawn amount reduces drastically on orher low lvl players who are grinding devil mushymen
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

the problem with a small increase is that the high levels will just spawn them most of the time too
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

blitzcraig wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm the problem with a small increase is that the high levels will just spawn them most of the time too
I agree. ANY increase just continues the trend
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

right, and another issue is that with a higher spawn limit, lower level areas would be more beneficial to high level accounts, which may actually exaserbate the problem
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 pm
blitzcraig wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm the problem with a small increase is that the high levels will just spawn them most of the time too
I agree. ANY increase just continues the trend
blitzcraig wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 pm right, and another issue is that with a higher spawn limit, lower level areas would be more beneficial to high level accounts, which may actually exaserbate the problem
There's wisdom in those words, by both, that should be etched in stone!.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

It is possible albeit a hit or miss strategy to pull monsters from a mass spawner by spawning. It takes a bit of fiddling to spawn as theirs die before they respawn again. Also mostly seen at blue vlads, as the swarms seem to increase in size the longer you fight them there instead of spawning the same amount each wave. Done enough you can actually force them out if they can't spawn enough to keep them happy.

On topic though, i agree that bigger spawns per map in general wouldn't be a great idea. On some maps yes, as there aren't that many mobs to begin with. Less mobs per player could be useful, but bear in mind that AOE based players will want more than singles otherwise it defeats the purpose of the skill. I like to have 8-16 mobs per wave personally depending on the level so i can wipe out 2 waves with a single skill to maximise usage. That doesn't take pets into account either.

More types of mobs in more locations could work also. Some areas like the southern snow zones are pretty much never used, as nobody hunts the trolls etc. Same goes with the desert and lv6? Lions. We need them for a quest but not 2 zones worth.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.