Safeguarding pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

Re: Safeguarding pets

Post by Humble_M » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm

I've played long enough to know that any idea has pros and cons. If we dwell on either of those too long, no changes will happen.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: Alright, but stop me at one...make that one-thrity!
-- Cheers (1982)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:31 pm

There is that!
witch

Post by witch » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 pm

It would be awesome if we could have \(^.^)/ /pack pet buttom to put only purchased pets in your bag , while you are doing a quest or exploring dangerous areas , + you can use /pack pet to save your pets while a bunch of cowards are bringing lots of monsters to them in a pvp fight .i think thats nice for ppl who likes pvp , also it will help us all if someone starts a big spawn just to kill pets.So when you think its safer for your pets u can use /unpack pet to make them walk by your side again .obviously is not going to be like a house ,u can only put 2 purchased pets in your bag the ones you're currently using .
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
Leone

Post by Leone » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 am

Probably easier to buy more backpack space
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 am

Leone wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 am
Probably easier to buy more backpack space
Did I miss something? Extra backpack space to safeguard pets?
Thanks to the generosity of many, I grow. | Lucky# 326 | LK's Mining Song | LostWizard
My successes are theirs, my failures are mine alone.
Code of Chivalry for Knights Without a Clan
Play smart, play safe, play honestly!
SellSword

Post by SellSword » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 am

If your backpack was full I don't think storing pets could be allowed (just going along with the idea), and if your pets were carrying anything that would mean dropping enough items to leave 1-2 empty spots for pets. That could be messy.
Warriors are not the ones who always win, but the ones that always fight.
witch

Post by witch » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 am

I preffer to lose items than pets 🙊 , i usally use my bags to carry materials , and i put the must important items on my 2 main bags that way u cant lose them (in case one of my pets die ), u can drop items but u can get them back if u /unpack pets before the items start to disappearing (^.^)
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Leone wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:57 am
Arashiko wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 pm
Leone wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Great ideas - I just have a bad feeling about this one though; namely how unscrupulous players could learn coordinates and send their pets to claim xp from a different (safer?) part of the screen.
It's no different to walking the pet there and /waiting it.
There is a very subtle but (in my mind at least) very important difference. Currently, some players would not dare walk up and /wait their pets for fear of being attacked. The proposed method removes that barrier.

What naturally follows? Abusing it as a tactic.

Just my rather cynical thoughts: if I'm wrong, I'm wrong!
Any player would be able to move sieges into tanking position of a clan build with no risk of accidental death by said build. Aren't these sieges strong enough without buffing their ability to destroy?
Omnis autem uri.