A Christmas FT Wish List for Santa!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

A Christmas FT Wish List for Santa!

Post by Gullander »

When I was a child my parents would ask us children (four of us) to make a wish list so Santa would have some gift ideas of things we wanted. As I think back I am not proud of the voluminous lists I provided a few years! :o Of course Santa (he never gave me coal but those big lists days I should have! :oops: ) was wise and often brought what we needed not what we wanted. In that spirit I present the following FT wish list of 10 things which could make this game personally more satisfying. They are not in any order of importance; Santa knows which would be best! :D

1. A pet hotel where pets can be kept temporarily when facing dangerous quests or situations.

2. A resources shop to sell specialized items for game gold. One NPC to buy magic trunks and magic planks, the other NPC to buy meteor and soul stones, and crafted ingots that are not 100% craft chance. A premium might be considered for excellent ore too.

3. Re-tooling of shop prices making plus items sold having a premium over regular. Perhaps a plus 1 at a 25% premium and a plus 2 at a 50% premium. Since plus items have their own id# they should sell under that id# for more.

4. The addition of more portals on the big map to aid in faster movement. These could be later removed if the riding the pet feature becomes active.

5. The addition of new quests using maps and items already available. These would require placing of an NPC or using a current one with a new level requirement for additional quests and a quest scenario. Special attention should be given to level spans where few or no quests exist for that level.

6. Consider altering the present quest rewards to make them uniform. Instead of a set xp amount make them to level(s) or a percentage of a level reward. I’m thinking following the Kings Garden example already established making this transition for quests level 50 and up only.

7. A monthly event similar to that done this Halloween with level appropriate challenges. Even if it is to use the same event each time this would provide player incentive to check in on the game. Perhaps a weekly event would make this even more used by players!

8. The development of a Content Creation video package that would help creative players work through the process of making and submitting new content. Items such as how to make a map, create a dungeon, placement of monsters and items, and hints on quest scenarios. This would replace the way too short video available on YouTube. I believe ideas are available for many map possibilities and quest scenarios but the process is daunting for those without design experience.

9. Expansion of player choice of options for their account selection. For instance first those that are missing, a female mage option, a male fairy option, and a female ogre option. New classes might be considered which would be well received such as a dragon class, a spider class, an undead class (zombies, mummies, ghosts) and a devil class.

10. The idea of guilds to work on enhancing a player’s affinity. Tasks would be rewarded with a notch up of an affinity. The tasks would not be doing the affinity itself as that would be a double increase with the level system. For instance a dwarf wishing to increase his dismal fishing affinity would have to work on a fishing fleet with a series of tasks, repairing nets, bringing ingots to fashion anchors, chop planks for ship maintenance and so forth. The cap on affinity increase would be .25 per affinity. This would provide a new way to improve your character perhaps at .05 at a time for a series of tasks performed. This should not be easy but provides a way to ease towards affinity balance. Someone with the highest affinity in an area would not be able to increase it only what is below the max 1.5.

Well Santa may think I’m being a greedy child again! What would be on your wish list? Be specific and we will gather together a nice bunch of lists Santa can consider. I am leaving a platter full of pixel cookies and a full gallon of pixel milk for Santa to enjoy!! :lol:
Retired
Storms7

Re: A Christmas FT Wish List for Santa!

Post by Storms7 »

This is a very good post. Very good suggestions here.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Solo un deseo.

Acaben el mapa y las búsquedas de Ashdown

Love quets
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great ideas. Most get my support but I've queries on 1, 4 and 9.

1. I'm in two minds as it detracts from the benefit of owning a house. It would be useful though.

4. I favour mounts over portals - particularly as they have been standing around for so long! Also, a useful time to point out that there are NPCs who are used as portals - as well as the more obvious circular ones.

9. Specifically the point about new classes: I'll drop in this bombshell again. Let's balance out current classes first (sorry!). Having said that, discussing ideas for new classes is good for something to look forward to.

Great thread. I like the ideas generated so far.