SCOROION EVENTS and PvP

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SK1976

SCOROION EVENTS and PvP

Post by SK1976 »

The scorpion event should be removed from the Kolosseum and there should be again the events or pvp arena.
Thats what is once was made for.

Place a shop like the wagon in it to buy pvp items and doing different stages for pvp.
There r enough ares for differnet stages in it.

The scorpion event could not be there if u move the pvp place to it.

I think a scorpion should come there where scorpions are living....in the DESERT.

place it near the pyramide like once. there is a good place for that event around the pyramid.
It makes that game more realistic.

Thats my idea... what u think about it ?
DUKE of SK-Clan
madmaniacal1

Re: SCOROION EVENTS and PvP

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Unfortunately, I must disagree with you on this particular idea. The Coliseum WAS originally designed as a free-for-all PvP arena. However, players stopped using it. Excepting spawn events created by GMs, few players used the arena for anything.
Now, we have a steady event there. A massive monster with a nice reward spawns there when enough players of sufficient levels are present.
If we removed the Scorpion King from the coliseum, who would use it? Anyone who wants free-for-all PvP can easily join a clan and go to a clan map. Few would spend the time to go to the Coliseum for PvP for nothing when they can try to conquer maps doing it...

I love that you want to improve the game. Keep the ideas coming. The more ideas we have, the better the chances that we'll make FT even greater than it already is.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Dare I even say this but here goes

The prize (drop) for killing the Scorpion King always goes the the strongest or one that does the most damage. I went a few times and it was always a high level that got the drop if any, or as I suspected at times, he who got the drop; said nothing.

Unfair for lower levels that go there if that is in fact is the case.

I have seen suggestions, and been pat of it, that the prize should go to a random player that fights him.

Nice idea BUT I see that has a huge fault as well.

If that happened and the high levels that are needed to spawn the event see John Q. Player(652) or Silly Me(86) getting the drop too often, they will not go to initiate the event.

Just a thought.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

If anyone researches the real value of a +4 tool over a +3 I think you will discover the 20b resell value for one at 0.0 does not justify the improvement it gives. In my opinion the scorpion prize is way over rated. That being said the focus should be defeating the beast for the fun of it not whether the drop goes to you or not. But there seems to be a demand for rare items so that is unlikely to change. What a +4 may lack in actual improved benefit seems less important than the prestige of owning one or more.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

There could be some form of informal agreement when faced with the scorpion king (or indeed any monster).

Group vote - next item goes to [player name]

The following item goes to ....

And so on.

I suspect this probably goes on anyway tbh.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The last time I went there it was a "friends inviting friends" kind of gathering. My impression was that many there already had full sets of +4 tools and wanted to spread them out among friends/clan friends.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Agree with both posts above.

@ Gull

I don't know about that I lent out my pick+4 for a week. And going back to a +3 pick I really saw/felt the difference.
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Ryacal

Post by Ryacal »

+4 tools sounds crazy. I can imagine that I will never own one of those. Oh well.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 am Agree with both posts above.

@ Gull

I don't know about that I lent out my pick+4 for a week. And going back to a +3 pick I really saw/felt the difference.
Somewhere on the forum I think I made a chart showing the difference for a Freya at level 12 mining. The change as to time for a sequence of ore, first hit till animation stops, was a change of 6 seconds over the +3 and the potential for 2 more ore per cycle. I didn't say there wasn't an improvement or that someone who spends lots of time mining over time that value would add up. But for the occasional miner the expense to get in my opinion exceeds the small increase in effectiveness. Someone in a clan who does lots of mining for builds might like any advantage possible, if the price I've seen them offered for is worth it they will have to decide. For my gold I think a +3 is a great value. ;)
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Now I'll have to give Gull a mithril pick with a meteor stone tied to it so that he can have his own meteor tool!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.