easier way to transfer items to other accs

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

magic guy

easier way to transfer items to other accs

Post by magic guy »

Well i don't know if This has been suggested yet or if It can be implemented in but I would love if they could put this in the game so we have Bank to store items so we should be able to put a password on it just like if it was for accounts so say if you got some gear for you're other account but no one to help you transfer items put it in the bank and if it has a password bring your other account to the bank put in password and you can take out the gear or you can even put money in the bank which makes sense lol and it works just like the item idea so if I put in 30m my other account could get out the 30m because I know the password to the bank this would solve the problem of money and item transfer anyone want too add anything go ahead and like I said I don't know if it has been suggested before
Hi lol
Asmodeous

Re: easier way to transfer items to other accs

Post by Asmodeous »

Brute force ftw. Too easily abused. Type in a word win a prize.
magic guy

Post by magic guy »

Asmodeous wrote:Brute force ftw. Too easily abused. Type in a word win a prize.
Yet that's the persons fault same thing with accounts make you're password difficult that way nothing bad happens
Hi lol
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

lose your stuff because of an easy password? ... great, real life lesson learned lol :p
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Wjat im trying to say is that it shouldnt just be a password. Needs to be a logon aswell. We had this on a custom nwn server once. So a few of us sat there typing crud in to prove a point. Now a server of 40 players and we got into a good few banks... How many do you think will loose stuff in ft if all you required on a bank account on ANY account was just a password?
vicbri

Post by vicbri »

Maybe use the email assigned to the account. Player goes to bank and deposit items, the bank checks the email assigned to the account and all accounts assigned to the same email can have acess to the items, also a password is necessary for extra security.
Useful links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages spoken :English, Portuguese
(vicbri) -> swordsman
(vicbri 2) -> mage
(vicbri 3) -> archer
(vicbri 4) -> dwarf
(vicbri 5) -> ogre
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

oh I'm not actually arguing with you Asmodeus.... the idea should work (with simple addition of time-out for character entering wrong password, and minimum level of like 50-100 to prevent spam accounts) but it wouldn't because people are too lazy with their passwords :p
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Lol. I was having a bit of fun blitz ^^ checking the assigned email though would be pretty good. But if this happens wont bank storage for characters then be smaller? If I have all my accounts registered to 1 email then suddenly accounts with the same email are sharing space.. do i loose items/stuff? Are the bank slots the same? Do i get extra slotz?
vicbri

Post by vicbri »

It would have to work with the number of accounts assigned to email. One account assigned to email 20 spaces ( i believe its the same space that the bank gots now) , 2 accounts would be 20 spaces x 2 and so on. This would be great for players that dont have several devices to trade items between their alts , and would prevent players losing items because they asked for help to the wrong person.
Useful links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages spoken :English, Portuguese
(vicbri) -> swordsman
(vicbri 2) -> mage
(vicbri 3) -> archer
(vicbri 4) -> dwarf
(vicbri 5) -> ogre