Attacked while messaging

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Asmodeous

Re: Attacked while messaging

Post by Asmodeous »

Imperious1 wrote:Sounds like everyone is afraid to make the game more fair when it comes to bein in a clan. All i see are reasons and excuses to not improve the game in certain situations
Cop out. Ardesia gave you a good suggestion on what you can do to msg and see whats going on. Maybe its you who fails to see what the replies to your thread are saying.

Heres some basics.

-The feature suggested is far too easily abused.

-Being in a clan, expect pvp. It's apart of what being in a clan is. Everyone else deals with this fact.

-There is a way to msg and be able to see everything thats going on. Read Ardesia's post.

-The next idea proposed for non clan maps. Even easier to abuse with multiple devices.

Sorry bud, it really isnt a good idea to impliment this, itl case so much more harm than good. No ones afraid to improve a game and none of the posts have been of anyone fearing to improve FT or giving excuses, its been legitimate opposition to a proposed idea. You think its a good idea. They do not and they present reasons why.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I was going to post more here, but Asmodeus said it perfectly ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Imperious1

Post by Imperious1 »

Like I said. Its just from my short experience as a clan member. If the ideas cant be changed due to long time players set in their ways, thats fine. But as a dev of 3 other games and a beta tester of 50 other games, im only giving my opinion as i compare the clan situation of FT vs the other games i have been involved in that have clans and kingdoms. FT stands out to be much different. Definately not what i have become accustomed to though
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Imperious1 wrote:Like I said. Its just from my short experience as a clan member. If the ideas cant be changed due to long time players set in their ways, thats fine. But as a dev of 3 other games and a beta tester of 50 other games, im only giving my opinion as i compare the clan situation of FT vs the other games i have been involved in that have clans and kingdoms. FT stands out to be much different. Definately not what i have become accustomed to though
Consider its being different as a strenght point :D
If FT were similar to other games in all its mechanics, we were probably playing those instead...
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

just to clarify, it's not that the "old time players are stuck in their ways" ... it's that your proposal would be abused and cause problems. It's a fine idea, but rightfully refuted by those who have been playing longer and better understand the particular mechanics of FT. Keep sharing ideas because 1 real strength here is the dev incorporating ideas from players... just be prepared to have those ideas challenged ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Imperious1

Post by Imperious1 »

I will always post my ideas and reasons why. I know that most ideas may not be implemented for one reason or another. To keep a game moving forward into its future it takes tons of new ideas. Those new ideas always come with criticism ten fold. ;) Its how every game developes and grows into its final product
killer8

Post by killer8 »

No because then every time someone strong comes ppls will start messaging
;)
EXTERNAL LINKS REMOVED BY GANDALF.
Aldems

Post by Aldems »

Yes clans are FOR PvP. But PvP is to broad. There is no logical reason why a lvl 5,000 can attack a lvl 50 even if clans are specifically for PvP. The problem the OP is having is battles are over in a split second meaning a much MUCH more powerful player killed him while he was typing.
If a PvP buffer zone was emplamented it would take longer for him to die. If you can only PvP players with a lvl 50% higher or 50% lower than you, than the battle would last long enough for you to get done typing and react.

50% either way would mean a lvl 2000 could attack anyone 1,000 to 3,000. Or a lvl 100 could attack anyone lvl 50 to 150.

On clan building maps this could be increased to 75% either way.

This would end the illogical and unfair tactics that super high lvls use against new players who join a clan more for the help/communication aspect that clans provide. And even the playing field that a lvl100 who actually wants to PvP but can't because there's always a lvl2,000 waiting to kill him.
RyoHazuki

Re: you could always use the /msg command.

Post by RyoHazuki »

You know how to use the /msg command right?

/msg username82 hi username82. How do you do today?
That is the format.
/msg.space.username.space.your message
(without the dots)
Then you will see potential enemies coming as you are tyoing your message because there is nothing covering the screen...problem solved.
Also, you should check on your ft app info page (where it gives you the option to force close/uninstall app) to make sure that notifications are turned on. If they are turned off on this screen, You won't get a noticlfication when you are attacked, simple as that.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

Now might be a good time to remind people of the whisper command too.

/w username82 hi username 82, how do you do.
This is the same (green text) as pressing someone's speach bubble but you can be the other side of the same map to do it, also, you don't need to be on their friends list to do it.