More spells for mages (yes i know its alot to ask)

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TinyTina

More spells for mages (yes i know its alot to ask)

Post by TinyTina »

As said in a prior post, im one of those persons who spend half my time on the forums, mostly on the Lists, and ive seen this spell called "Summoning spell"
it feels like this spell would be pretty unbalanced, just hear me out. mages already have 2 pets, lets say these pets are balistas (which of this current time is "unbalanced" by some people) lets say they can summon another pet that also works in pvp, this means mages can slow, run, heal, and let their pets do all the work. Yes i know some people would like this idea, but lets say if its an level 1000+ mage and the summoning spell works that it summons a copy of you that casts the yellow flow spell, that means a ton of damage more from mages..

But heres my idea on a new spell. Mana regen spell. activate it : you get 30% of your maximum mana over 10 seconds (gonna have to be balanced for higher level mages.. Yes i know high level mages dont have mana problems, this is more aimed for low leveld ones, 1minute cooldown, Mana cost 10, level requirement 40.

As of writing this i know this will require a bunch of balancing.. but the past couple of days ive been leveling my fairy, from level 19-32ish ive spent about 5mil on pots (yeah i buy pots to speed up the leveling) but i also know when you get to higher levels mages become super killing machines in PvM and dont really need to thin about their mana, but a level 30-70 mage will need to spam spam spam pot pot pot spam spam spam, and bom 100k is gone, i know mages arent supposed to able to get super fast levels early, but still..

Or make a new pot that gives more mana, or lower the costs of mana pots, or increase the mana gained from pots and keep the price, i dont really know all i know it feels like a money sink to level a mage at the moment.. please let me know with some feedback about this idea, might update it if i get more ideas for spells.

Yours truly
TinyTina
Leone

Re: More spells for mages (yes i know its alot to ask)

Post by Leone »

Let me summarise the forthcoming responses to your idea:

Mage players - fantastic idea!

Every other class (myself included!) - absolutely not. Mages are OP enough as it is.

I think if this were to be implemented, it would have to somewhere amidst a whole array of class balance ideas.
kollex

Post by kollex »

TinyTina wrote:i know mages arent supposed to able to get super fast levels early, but still..
[I WANT IT, GIVE IT TO ME, I DON'T CARE FOR IMPLICATIONS, JE VEUX LES BONBONS!]
dragkar

Post by dragkar »

kollex wrote:
TinyTina wrote:i know mages arent supposed to able to get super fast levels early, but still..
[I WANT IT, GIVE IT TO ME, I DON'T CARE FOR IMPLICATIONS, JE VEUX LES BONBONS!]
lol kollex

what about haste spell i offered that a long while ago makes mages allys faster in movment and attack rate for few seconds then spell cooldown

and teleport spell!...over lvl1500 group teleport can take 5 players
these two spells makes mages allys more efficiant and doesnt contrebute to mages pvp power directly
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I do not like the teleport spell one bit, and doubt that it would ever be implemented.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Shamoth

Post by Shamoth »

DaHobbit wrote:I do not like the teleport spell one bit, and doubt that it would ever be implemented.
Well, teleport spell could be funny.
You cast it long and in full focus, only when no pvp/pve agro, minimap opens and You point where You want to be moved.
Funny part is that it is less or more random ;) Lets say at 2000 points added to mana it is like 100 squares circle of random teleport, while at 200 pints added to mana it is 1000 squares, at 20 points it can throw You anywhere on map no matter where You point to move ;)
WARNING BY GANDALF: USE APPROPRIATE SIGNATURE OR BE BANNED
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

A better idea for a teleport would be designated spawn points that can be switched to the nearest town or a town of your choice. Being continuously spawned at 0,0 can be a bit tedious.

A better use of new mage spells would be party support/control spells... For example: a

Haste spell to make allies combat speed increase. Works like a haste potion (non stackable, except maybe on a duration)

A spell that buffs pets stats....PET BUFFS ! Who wouldn't love a mage with that!?!!.... Oh the envy

Spell that increases dex/accuracy (mages have a dismal hit rate as it is)

Spells that reduce enemy hit rate (anti haste) PvM only... I can hear (smell) the swordmen browning their trousers.

On the topic of spells.
What about a nice scroll case or book. A way to compile and stack all spells into one inventory slot instead of taking up 5 spaces.
Do the same with tools! (Code it so that the bag/case/spell book only holds one of each such item so as to reduce chance of abuse)

Of course, the trouble with new spells is the the HUD space needed to trigger it. So far spells take up the skill slot most players are familiar with; and that means there's currently on 6 quick tabs to work with. With the five current spells any further spells pushes the emergency potion option right off the screen

those 6 already get in the way of boarder hopping. And a nice HUD hide feature would be lovely. (Iittle arrows that expand each feature or minimize it as desired ) Maybe the quest icon could be an expansion of the character/ inventory overview.

So that the big map up top is reduced to a little arrow. The skill/potion interface could be a little arrow at the bottom left of the screen and expanded during combat along the bottom for example. This leaves room for future expansions.

Possibly a health/ mana counter where the auto perform function is...(the large circle that is normally surrounded by the skills could then be surrounded by thin line that follow along its shape or fills it in to give a clearer view as to just how much mana/health you really got.. Because well.. 5-8 casting looks the same and those three spells is the difference from killing the 6th monster or getting killed by it. (Count 5 Mississippi just in case...perhaps twice..Always... No need for the counter after all! I got this)

Yours truly (when the mood becomes me)
Dejahlia...
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)
maleficence

Post by maleficence »

To clarify. By support and control. These effects should apply to players around you. Not the mage itself. Though some certainly could be applied to both. A party system/ effects clan members would be nice. As the spell could backfire as someone took advantage and decided to turn on the benefactor.(chuckles mischievously)
So a haste spell would apply to the combat classes you're fighting alongside.

Co-op spells and class skills would add another dimension to the game. Make tackling harder monster more fun/ feasible at low levels and encourage some tactical thought to PvP as mages took a more beneficent role that adds to other classes rather than just making a mage that much more stronger.

The idea would have to be tweaked. But most concerns with mage spells is that anything else would make an unbalanced system even more so... So the only thing to do would be to make spells function for other classes not just the mage.. While still being beneficial to the mage.(by having them function on friendly players)

A party system would work like the PvP function. Only instead of attacking; the player would be marked as an ally and could receive beneficial spells at the exclusion of all other players in the area not marked.

And sorry for rementioning the haste spell. I skimmed and didn't see that it was already mentioned earlier.
It's the developers role to make changes that encourage gameplay in all of its aspects.
It's the players role to enhance gameplay and make it enjoyable for others.

Dejahlia(111) Faerie.
DejahIia (4) Freya (Valkyrie)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I like this idea, as the armor and heal spells already act in this manner. Some new effects that can boost others as well as the mage would be welcomed by the players of other classes, I would think.
Omnes Autem Uri
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I definitely like the idea of having some stackable items in the backpack. Not everything mind you, but some items I think should be stackable.
BOO!:ghost: