Multiple Ideas

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Multiple Ideas

Post by WARBRINGER »

Horses
Spoiler: Show
Horses are a kind of pet that you can mount (If you tap the pet you will see a mount icon)
Horses will cost 50M gold and can be bought at a Stable (As of yet this does not exist.)
Horses will have high armor and NO attack mode whatsoever
Advantages:
+0.5 speed (When mounted)
+1 backpack space
Cannot be attacked by players

Disadvantages:
Can be killed by monsters
Has no defence against monsters besides the owner and other players
Cannot attack players/monsters when mounted
A large city map
Features:
10-20 purchasable houses
A blacksmith
A general store which contains mana, HP, speed pots, etc
Possibly a Bank/Inn
The option to enter houses
Inside there will be
- a chest with all of the storage space that currently comes with a house
- A crafting table where you can craft all items (like the current houses)

The inside of every house can look the same.
Other players can enter your house (A message will pop up saying "Player Stiche wants to enter your house" along with the Yes or No
PvP is disabled in houses
Player profiles (Searchable)
These will include:
Last login date
PM Option
Level
Skin
Gear
Clan
Rank
+Friend
Remove friend

Ally/Enemy list
Invitation for alliance can be sent using the chat command /ally raw or /ally DR
Duke will get a message saying "Clan AD requests alliance" and the accep/deny options
if alliance is declined, duke of clan A (AD in this case) will get a message saying "The duke of clan B (Raw in this case) has declined your request."
If alliance is accepted, duke of clan A (AD in this case) will get a message saying "Alliance with clan B (DR in this case) has been accepted."
Allies and Enemies will have seperate tabs where the friends list, clan list and skills is located.
Duke/possibly lord can remove alliance at any time.
Duke decides what actions each rank has
The duke of a clan can decide what powers a lord, member or marshal can have.
The actions the duke can assign are:
- Upgrading buildings
- Placing buildings
- Setting alliance
- Breaking alliance
- Accessing storage
- Removing the rank(s) below them
Premium membership
1 week/1 month/1 day membership that gives you the following advantages for the time bought
- Double XP earned
- 1/2 less XP removed when you die
- Double chances of getting drops
- Enhanced skill speed

It will be bought for real money from the in app purchases menu.
Being able to see an allied clans building stats
Currently there is no way to see an allied clans stats. This is particularly annoying with walls, as you cannot tell which of your allies owns them, what level they are, etc.
Last edited by WARBRINGER on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
DaHobbit

Re: Multiple Ideas

Post by DaHobbit »

One of your ideas has already been created, but I am still working on it. You will have to wait and see what it is though ;-)
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Great ideas, WAR, and welcome on forum!
While we wait for the surprise DaHobbit is preparing, I raise a vote against last login date to be visible to players.
We already have too little space for privacy in this information age. I'd perceive this as a very negative and freedom restricting change, were it to be implemented.
In my opinion, it's right and important that game staff can see accounts login data and dates, but I believe such data should be not visible to players.
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

DaHobbit wrote:One of your ideas has already been created, but I am still working on it. You will have to wait and see what it is though ;-)
I assume this is the Urban Map for a few reasons
1 - Dahobbit is not/You are not a developer, and therefor cannot "work on" the other features i listed.
2 - Me and Mad_Maniac, who also contributed to this idea, were talking about an Urban map a few days ago.
ardesia wrote:Great ideas, WAR, and welcome on forum!
While we wait for the surprise DaHobbit is preparing, I raise a vote against last login date to be visible to players.
We already have too little space for privacy in this information age. I'd perceive this as a very negative and freedom restricting change, were it to be implemented.
In my opinion, it's right and important that game staff can see accounts login data and dates, but I believe such data should be not visible to players.
The main reason(s) i believe this may be ideal are:
- When you have inactive friends (Not just friends) you may want to see when they were last online instead of removing them without knowing.
Thank you for the welcoming :)
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

WARBRINGER wrote:
ardesia wrote:(...) I raise a vote against last login date to be visible to players.
The main reason(s) i believe this may be ideal are:
- When you have inactive friends (Not just friends) you may want to see when they were last online instead of removing them without knowing.
I agree, it would be useful to been allowed to see when someone was last online.
But it also is too big a tool to keep track of other people habits and behaviour. I'm sure you noticed that the "hide last login date" is often offered as an option in social media systems (such as this forum).
If you ask me, I not even give a try to games (or other systems) forcing users to set last login date as visible. Were FT to become one of them, I would very likely start playing it only on friendsless alts.
You wish to know if someone is still active? Send them an ingame PM such as "Hey, long since we met! Are you still playing?" and fix up your personal time out before removing them from list :D
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Leone

Post by Leone »

WARBRINGER wrote:
Inside there will be

Other players can enter your house (A message will pop up saying "Player Stiche wants to enter your house" along with the Yes or No
Some interesting idea but I firstly wanted to comment on this one specifically. I purchased a house at considerable expense (not comparable to lvl buying, but a considerable expense to me nevertheless) and part of the reason was so that I had exclusive access to that house. I am more than willing to help newer players with quests and buying equipment but I draw the line here.

I suggested not long ago that the bank or Inn storage capacity be increased for a small fee and reiterate this as a possible alternative. As for crafting, players can already do so at the blacksmith. The crafting potential could also be expanded for a small fee to players. Of course, the other option is to buy a house for real money yourself.

Finally, imagine the potential for spam requests: 'player x wants access to your house. Yes / no'. Sorry, but I strongly object to this idea.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Leone wrote:
WARBRINGER wrote:
Inside there will be

Some interesting idea but I firstly wanted to comment on this one specifically. I purchased a house at considerable expense (not comparable to lvl buying, but a considerable expense to me nevertheless) and part of the reason was so that I had exclusive access to that house. I am more than willing to help newer players with quests and buying equipment but I draw the line here.

I suggested not long ago that the bank or Inn storage capacity be increased for a small fee and reiterate this as a possible alternative. As for crafting, players can already do so at the blacksmith. The crafting potential could also be expanded for a small fee to players. Of course, the other option is to buy a house for real money yourself.

Finally, imagine the potential for spam requests: 'player x wants access to your house. Yes / no'. Sorry, but I strongly object to this idea.
Crafting and storage are already features that come with payed houses, and these are the ones i was highlighting with this idea.
Finally, imagine the potential for spam requests: 'player x wants access to your house. Yes / no'.
Perhaps a limit, or a burn out time, so that requests can NOT be spammed.
Or perhaps a type of passcode?
There are numerous ways this idea can be improved
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Make it so that only your friends can request access to your house. They cannot store anything there, nor take anything away. However they can interact with other players in the house (e.g. Trading, chatting) and this is not visible on the game map (it's private) and people in the house are safe from monsters and PvP. Players in the house can leave it anytime, and the host can evict guests anytime.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Arashiko wrote:Make it so that only your friends can request access to your house. They cannot store anything there, nor take anything away. However they can interact with other players in the house (e.g. Trading, chatting) and this is not visible on the game map (it's private) and people in the house are safe from monsters and PvP. Players in the house can leave it anytime, and the host can evict guests anytime.
Friends only, i like it :) And i originally planned the fact they cannot store, craft, etc. To be honest, this is basically my idea compacted into a short summary. It is basically the original houses, but that are accessable by request from friends and at all times by the owner, and the previous actions available are featured inside like dungeon chests and blacksmiths.
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

What's also useful could be that every town has an inn where:
1) Any non-outlaw player can enter. NPC ogres will evict outlaws. PvP in an inn is either forbidden or attracts instant outlaw status. Once inside patrons can chat and trade normally.
2) Players can rent a room which is private to them for X gold per week, minimum one week payable in advance. They can store 1 bag of stuff.
Only they can access their room and the items therein as long as the rent is paid.
Players are protected when in their rooms.
If the rent is not paid, the room becomes available again and all items in the room are forfeit to the inn and the player notified.
During the next 24 hours forfeited items can be reclaimed by the player for 50% of list price (minimum 100 gold per item). After that grace period has elapsed, all items in the room are lost permanently.
3) pets can be stabled at the inn for a similar fee, per pet, per week. Pet forfeiture ensues as above for non payment.
Pets in the stable are protected.
4) low level healing potions can be bought from the inn, plus mundane (non-magical) gear such as armour, weapons and fishing poles.
5) HP and mana regeneration is doubled in inns for both players and their pets.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.