pvp server/pvm server.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

cronicide1

pvp server/pvm server.

Post by cronicide1 »

i think most people are just mad about the pvp part of the game where they can be killed by anyone at any time just sitting trying to train. so if you make a pvp server where the whole server is pvp based and the original server where there is no pvp at all (except perhaps the clan wars area and so forth) you would probly get alot more attention as people wouldnt be so scared to just play the game. those that enjoy pvp can go to that server and have fun while those that wish to help each other can remain on the non pvp server. (characters can switch back and forth between the two)

thats my idea to fix alot of the world map hostility and help new members be less afraid of being a part of a team and joining a clan without a level 500+ walking up and killing them for no reason.
cronicide-swordsman lvl:weak :lol:
cronicide1

Re: pvp server/pvm server.

Post by cronicide1 »

putting yourself in a new gamers shoes. would you continue to play a game when you just log in join/create a clan go 3 maps over to train and someone random (say you're lvl 20 and he is lvl 342 for example) walks up and kills you with no notice/reason? the answer (in most cases) is no. you would say what the heck was that and say "well, that's pointless" and find a new game. if you want new players and for it to grow. you have to make adjustments for this issue. having two servers i understand would cost a bit more. but in the long run the more players you have the more possibilities for income of players buying things. and from what i can see from my little time playing (the mmo version). with it the way it is now you are giving a handful of players that just wish to kill people the power to kill the game as well as they are running off alot of new people that could very well be potential lifetime gamers.
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

This is a good point

PvP protection exists already on the start map and the map below it. Rather than have two servers, why not instead have further PvP protection in all civilised areas (defined as those maps with a village, town or city therein)

Out in the wild countryside, or on clan maps, you have to take your chances, anything can happen out there...

This would allow players to train and level up in spawn areas on the safe maps.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Leone

Post by Leone »

Arashiko wrote:This is a good point

PvP protection exists already on the start map and the map below it. Rather than have two servers, why not instead have further PvP protection in all civilised areas (defined as those maps with a village, town or city therein)

Out in the wild countryside, or on clan maps, you have to take your chances, anything can happen out there...

This would allow players to train and level up in spawn areas on the safe maps.
I like this idea. It could be a quick and easy fix to an issue that's been raised more times than I care to remember. I think there is a danger that if there were too many safe maps, then the game might become a little dull. Having said that, the principle behind the idea is sound and gets my vote.
cronicide1

Post by cronicide1 »

i thought about that as well but there is alot of "countryside" between each town for people to just sit and farm others as they try to run past. don't get me wrong even that would be better than nothing though. i have personally watched a lvl 1k+ just running around looking for anyone in a guild to kill. did matter who or what lvl. if they had a guild tag he killed them. kinda defeats the purpose of trying to get people together doesn't it? one guy being able to do that makes anyone he killed that day decide to either drop the guild or stop playing as most were brand new people that created their owns guilds and didn't know any better.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I agree with having more "safe zones" as well. you would have to be careful to not make too many (like you said) but I've played other games with restricted PVP zones and it works very well... I'd think adding a couple more safe maps would be appropriate - and maybe a message every time you enter a pvp map notifying you
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Many players play this game and will continue to play this game. No one is going anywhere. Pvp is part of FT. I do believe however that only clanned players should be able to pvp. Non clanned players should be left alone.
BOO!:ghost:
DAVEmanda

Post by DAVEmanda »

I agree with Ryaca and if you don't want be killed leave clan. Maybe we can put pvp protection for no clan players that the which is bought with gold and no real money idk.
I hate that my enemies come to kill me when I am lvl upping but I am in a clan and there isn't pvp restrictions or you think that people won't abuse of this?
Accounts :
DAVE_manda
Dave_mago
Dave_pesca
Dave_enano
Dave_shot
Red_Croc
Green_Croc
PurpleCroc
MultiCroc
---

GAME TRANSLATOR (Spanish)

GAME TESTER

Seguir las reglas del juego. Si tenéis alguna duda enviarme un mensaje privado. Gracias
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

[quote="DAVEmanda"]Maybe we can put pvp protection for no clan players that the which is bought with gold and no real money idk."quote]

I really like this Dave as an alternative to non clanned players not being able to pvp. Both ideas are solid. Non clanned players not being able to pvp would solve a lot of problems for players wanting more of a pvm experience.
BOO!:ghost:
naomi

Post by naomi »

im suggesting that make all maps be pvp disable except ofcourse to clan map and colesium and those players who has clan...
username:naomi lvl.1,631 archer (ADIK-Marshal)
username:naomii lvl.72 archer (ADIK-Duke)

IS NOW ACTIVE...