Game Rules Review

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Game Rules Review

Post by madmaniacal1 »

While I know GMs are only able to make/enforce the rules, I have a rules related idea. Have current (at that time) game rules pop up at first login of a new account. Then no player can claim ignorance.

While I know this would be a coding issue, rather than a rules issue, I believe it would make rule enforcement much easier. Fewer warnings would be needed, as rules are made apparent to everyone from the start.
For the record, if a gm thinks this post is out of place, feel free to move it wherever you think it should be.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

+1
BOO!:ghost:
nt300

Post by nt300 »

That won't work, because the majority don't read them. Nor will they if you had them available at the login screen. People want to dive into the game, and not want to be tied down to reading.
TIME LORD
Currently In Ancient Greece, Athens.
Leone

Post by Leone »

That's a good point. In which case, how about having a 'quest' for a nominal amount of gp which is to read the game rules? Progression past yr current lvl (whether than be 1, 100, 1000 or whatever ) is not possible until you finish the quest (read the rules). Whether or not players actually read the the rules is up to them, but the quest is something similar to the terms and conditions of a bank loan.

The npc could be permanently available at spawn map to re-read the rules; particularly as they will be undoubtedly be updated as the game continues to evolve.
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Since the topic is turning towards the "how to motivate players read rules", I'd like to remind you my suggestion of creating a Rules Priestess:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13741&p=78307#p78307
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I don't think it matters if players choose to read the rules or not. What does matter is that if they break the rules, they won't be able to use the excuse that they weren't aware of them. They won't be able to claim ignorance of the rules. I still like this idea and Vasinta's and Leone's as well.
+1
BOO!:ghost:
receveo

Re: Game Rules Review....rec.

Post by receveo »

Dont give up lot of these in game rules are infact as given retartered and has landed me in jial for 40days play which should be refunded but gandalf fefuses, im not hacker in fact I love the game yet I cant play do to certain players or accts.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Just to let you know, the Rules that were edited, have now reached a final proposal stage, and are awaiting admin review.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and points of view, in public and in private, on forum and facebook. All your views have been considered.

Not everyone will be happy, but, I think the new rules (if implemented) will be more straight forward and less confusing.
They will be more specific, some rules tightened, and others loosened. More to reflect on the current state of the game, rather than the time when that version of the rules were written.
No, the pet killing rule will not be changed at this time, I'm sorry. Unless an admin decides to add one, it will not be coming.

If you want an idea of what they may entail, see the rules for OV. Those are based on an earlier draft of the FT rules we were working on, edited by the OV GM team. They are similar in many ways, but different in others.

If and when these rules get posted, of course, we'll be hoping to get our translators on the job asap, so every supported language can benefit.
As a side note, if you wish to apply as a translator, send a PM to Gandalf, explaining your desires, perhaps including details of your education and experience with the language in question. Using google translate is not acceptable; if we wanted to do that, we'd do it ourselves.

As for replies: I think, it's a little too late for input... but, if you have something really important to add, reply anyway. If it's good, and something that's not covered, we'll make sure to add it :)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

THE DRAFT FOR THE GAME RULES HAS BEEN APPROVED BY ADMINS.

The game rules are currently in the translation process.
When they are completed, and reviewed, the GM team will post them and make announcements.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711