Increasing Gold Value

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Re: Increasing Gold Value

Post by Cashew »

Aight hopefully those changes make it all a bit better.

Should be anyway that was a lot of freakin work D

@Baal yes maybe even make it so you have to be allied to do any sort of trading. That'd hopefully encourage more clans to become official allies and possibly give new/smaller clans a better chance of surviving by being lil resource gatherers.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Bump.
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Many ways to maintain gold levels... charge a daily 'land tax on clans' scaled based on building lvls etc...

If there is too much money in the game created from fishing, FT could easily scale back what items sell for; instead of $600+million for 2k, $100 million for example, that way 2k and other higher lvl items could be fished and used for the intended purpose, increasing player stats and without throwing gold in FT out of whack.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I'll add that in when I'm not at work and give you credit, I know a lot of people will be happier being able to fish the items even if their sell value is a whole lot less than it used to be.

To me the problem with gold is that there's not really any "sinks" for the gold to leave the game. Just created as its sold to a shop, and then transferred from player to player. Very little of it is actually leaving the game.
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

I have always thought that acquiring items in the game through fishing, especially your gear in an RPG was a bit silly. Personally I'm glad it has been cut back.

Fighting the Dark Devil for $1M a pop was a great idea...I think more opportunities like this should be implemented; that would use up excess gold in the game ;-) Have them here and there at different character levels.

I also like the idea of spending $$ on potions and other consumables.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Blackthorne wrote:I have always thought that acquiring items in the game through fishing, especially your gear in an RPG was a bit silly. Personally I'm glad it has been cut back.

Fighting the Dark Devil for $1M a pop was a great idea...I think more opportunities like this should be implemented; that would use up excess gold in the game ;-) Have them here and there at different character levels.

Are you referring to paying players 1m each devil? If so that's not taking gold out just transferring it from one player to another.

I don't mind they took the items out of fishing to reduce gold coming into the game to try and give it value. I'm against the taking away the only way to get duplicates of most of the items. Not fair for those that stockpiled these items before the nerf to have that advantage over players that now have no way to even access some of them let alone spares for pvp.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Cashew wrote:
Blackthorne wrote:I have always thought that acquiring items in the game through fishing, especially your gear in an RPG was a bit silly. Personally I'm glad it has been cut back.

Are you referring to paying players 1m each devil? If so that's not taking gold out just transferring it from one player to another.
Actually, somewhere in this thread, someone suggested a way to spawn monsters (via a quest mechanism or similar method) and requires payment to receive the spawn.

While it would help remove some gold, it would be a problem. Either ppl would fight over the spawner, or they would camp out and steal spawn.
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

Cashew wrote:

I don't mind they took the items out of fishing to reduce gold coming into the game to try and give it value. I'm against the taking away the only way to get duplicates of most of the items. Not fair for those that stockpiled these items before the nerf to have that advantage over players that now have no way to even access some of them let alone spares for pvp.

Hi cashew, you may be 2 low level to know what I'm referring to but there is an altar where you pay 1M to fight a Dark Devil ;-)

Paying players to kill devils is an odd concept...NOT sure what that would accomplish.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

@mad I've read the thread a few times and don't see any reference to that here in this one maybe it's in a different one.

I remember hearing somewhere about high lvl players tanking devils at the houses altar for 1m ea, that's what I thought he was talking about.

The idea sounds nice but unless it was instanced for each player where you could set a specific spawn rate and have it to yourself and pay so much gold to rent it per hour..... people would just leech of the person buying it rendering the whole "buying a spawn" rather pointless.

@Black I know people that are twice my level but half the account age from levels bought, so level has nothing to do with it lol.

Now as far as another altar requiring 1m gold per devil, haven't heard of it. Just the one I mentioned before. I don't explore though either; walking is too slow and it's just irritating to constantly have to dodge obstacles so I only go where I have to. I don't quest so that's not very far 8-)
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Perhaps a forgotten tales lottery :) 1 in 1000 entries wins an item level 500+. Each entry costs 1m gold.
Good money waster, a bit like real life scratch cards :)
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]