% Healing Potions

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

% Healing Potions

Post by Humble_M »

At higher levels, the standard healing potions (+500 HP, +1000 HP) are pointless when you have a ton of HP. Why not add some healing potions based on % instead.

5% HP - restores 5% of total HP
15% HP - restores 15% of total HP
50% HP - restores 50% of total HP

These potions could be crafted at non-clan buildings (i.e. house or witch) or purchasable and available to all classes.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Arashiko

Re: % Healing Potions

Post by Arashiko »

I see an immediate problem with pricing.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Arashiko wrote:I see an immediate problem with pricing.
I agree. The high lvl players that don't craft them will simply outbid all lower players.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
I agree. The high lvl players that don't craft them will simply outbid all lower players.
I'm not sure what you mean by outbidding...but I meant using the "Buy Extra Stuff" option on the login menu. I figured that the +50% could be sold in packs of 10 potions for a couple dollars.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Khmer

Re: % Healing Potions and fishing

Post by Khmer »

A character running around with a bag full of 50% heal potions would create obvious problems, similar to mages that can cast heal spells for infinite.

Hopefully FT will bring back fishing so that we all can enjoy. Tweak it, understandable, but to limit it to 250 and lower... what incentive does a person have to spend hundreds of real time game hours attaining level 11-12- 13 etc... fishing. Should that person not be rewarded, perhaps as the fishing skill level increases, items fished do too. Why not reward hard work.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Humble_M wrote:
madmaniacal1 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by outbidding...but I meant using the "Buy Extra Stuff" option on the login menu. I figured that the +50% could be sold in packs of 10 potions for a couple dollars.
And I foresee a huge amount of crying already.
As is, many players cry about the level buying, the unfairness of clan PvP where a level 10k can kill a level 10 (not accusing you, kalou ;) ), and the fact that players with money have a distinct advantage in this game over the ones who don't.
Add this feature like you suggest, and the complaints will multiply exponentially.
No, I don't support this idea of adding to the purchase menu.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Yep, purchase with in game gold, or craft.
Potions for HP and mana are max 1k and 20 at present in shops

2k, 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k etc HP potions should be able to be bought or crafted
Likewise 50, 100, 200, 500, 1k etc mana potions.

The fact is that low level characters don't really need high level potions. High level characters can afford the high level prices. If a low level character like myself is willing to buy a 5k HP or 1k mana potion or two as a get out of jail free card, and can afford it, what's the harm?

It doesn't unbalance the game, in my view.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

%would be the way to go... and for gold, not real money imo ... (of not %, then higher numbers, but only available to higher levels.. not quite as good, but would not need new game mechanic) - either way, make them really expensive to pull a bit of gold out of the game... sounds like there's way too much floating around still right now anyway lol
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

blitzcraig wrote:%would be the way to go... and for gold, not real money imo ... (of not %, then higher numbers, but only available to higher levels.. not quite as good, but would not need new game mechanic) - either way, make them really expensive to pull a bit of gold out of the game... sounds like there's way too much floating around still right now anyway lol
This isn't encouraging the game to be an MMO. Low levels need to be able to gather the basic resources/items that high levels use.

% based healing isn't the way to go either it'd be too OP for players, and if only allowed to be obtained by high levels then why not just play the RPG if ya'll wanna be completely independent. You need that player-driven supply/demand to improver the economy.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I believe we'll have to agree to disagree here lol... I will, however, agree that crafting the potions (cheaply) would be good in addition to being sold for high amount of gold...

saying that % would be too OP is somewhat of an idea killer imo... either high levels need pots that are actually useful, or there's no reason to create higher pots... if you just make high level pots (say, 10k or 25k HP or whatever) then low-medium level PvP is solely determined by who has the most pots... that works in favor of the people who tend to engage, and only serves to further discourage the majority of FT players (who do not really care for PvP) as they are now more susceptible to being killed by lower levels
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏