Translator

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

UrKnight

Translator

Post by UrKnight »

Another good idea how about a in game translator so we can understand foreign people and vice versa
We Do what we gotta Do. We say what we gotta say. But Trust NO ONE :D :shock: 8-)
MadMikael

Re: Translator

Post by MadMikael »

First off, let me say, this is an awesome idea, and I would support it fully.

However, I doubt it would ever happen.
You would need to include dictionaries of every language, and maybe, a program to evaluate grammar as well (idk exactly).
The result would be a huge file size, and as a result, many people could not play due to this. (phones with limited space).
Potentially, you could make this an optional additional download, like the soundtrack, but still...
I think it would be a tremendous amount of work and not worth the effort to do...
But it is still an awesome dream though :)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
UrKnight

Post by UrKnight »

Cant blame me for trying lol just alot of people mail me that i cant understand lol
We Do what we gotta Do. We say what we gotta say. But Trust NO ONE :D :shock: 8-)
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Google Translate already has a feature that will pop up when you copy text. I wonder if it would work if the chat in FT was allowed to be copied? Right now, I cannot select the chat, so cannot copy it. If I could, I could use the translator popup. I don't know how it would act with FT though since FT will usually log off if you open another app.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

I understand there's a Google Translate SDK and that can be used to automatically detect any language in chat that is not the players language, and translate to the players language.

It would simply have to do this for all incoming chats
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.