New GM

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Tommy

New GM

Post by Tommy »

I know the GM team has just gotten Ardesia, and I know there are a few GM's already BUT I do think there has been a lack of GM presence in FT. I'm not the only person who believes so, either.

I'd like for the GM team to be expanded, if possible so we have another person to bug :P

I'd like to suggest Ryaca. Not sure if he'd want to, but he is almost a GM anyway. Always gives people information on the game, which proves he has the know how and stuff.

Anyway, I don't wanna babble on, thanks for reading
DaHobbit

Re: New GM

Post by DaHobbit »

Over the longest period, I have been the main GM on duty in the game. Since OV started, I've been playing OV and barely get a chnace to log into FT. There are a lot of issues with the new game.

I am also spending a lot of time on real life issues. So it is certainly true that the GM presence in FT has diminished. It mostly leaves Ardesia as the only one logging in regularly.

We definitely need new GMs. We have an application (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3931), but have not received very many applications to be a GM. We must also make sure we get a good GM - a bad one can do far more damage to the game than lacking GM presence does.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
DarwiN

Post by DarwiN »

Well I think that those who speak Spanish would fancy a GM since piff do not have all the time of world then the Spanish speaking need a GM ...... I hope they take into account since the majo does not have much help and has to do all the. But it has to be someone with a lot of exp and who knows how to solve problems clearly..
I hope they look for someone good.
Spanish Translator :ugeek: :geek: :D

Archer lvl 3300
Mage lvl 654
Ogre lvl 180
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I certainly appreciate the suggestion and your vote of confidence Tommy. It is something that I have given much thought about. I will take this matter into consideration.
BOO!:ghost:
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Yeah, I understand that Hobbs. I was going to mention that you've had a lot of time taken up by OV, but we all know it already, and I didn't want to make my post too long.

I'd just like to state that with this thread, I'm not saying, nor implying that the current GM's are not doing a good job (they are). I just think it's a small team, vs a playerbase with a lot of needs, needs which change daily/weekly for some players.
Things such as alliances being made/broken, bugs in game being tended to, skin changes, reports, and all the other things we bring to the GM's to sort out, so they could do with some reinforcements.

Thanks Ryaca. If you apply, I have no doubt you'd be successful.
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Tommy, you are 100% correct. The GM base we have is too small. We used to have a rather large GM group. One player would do something wrong, and 3 or 4 - maybe more - GMs would arrive on scene to see what is going on. Now, it is rather rare to see a GM online - much less two or more. Over the years, we have lost some really good GMs, and we've seen a few bad apples as well. We've had GMs from all parts of the world and in many different languages. Now, we are so limited, it is very frustrating for those of us who remain.

I started FT only a few weeks after the stand alone game went to MMO. So I have seen the game in its infancy and see where it has gone. We've had our glory days for sure. But this is still an awesome game that could be made better with a good staff. So - if you are out there, and would like to contribute - please come forward - we need you. Thanks sooooo very much for Ardesia for coming into the GM group. The GM group has improved with her presence far beyond words. Maybe there is another out there. Oh, this is my plea for help if you haven't noticed.... :)
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

DaHobbit wrote:Tommy, you are 100% correct. The GM base we have is too small. We used to have a rather large GM group. One player would do something wrong, and 3 or 4 - maybe more - GMs would arrive on scene to see what is going on. Now, it is rather rare to see a GM online - much less two or more. Over the years, we have lost some really good GMs, and we've seen a few bad apples as well. We've had GMs from all parts of the world and in many different languages. Now, we are so limited, it is very frustrating for those of us who remain.

I started FT only a few weeks after the stand alone game went to MMO. So I have seen the game in its infancy and see where it has gone. We've had our glory days for sure. But this is still an awesome game that could be made better with a good staff. So - if you are out there, and would like to contribute - please come forward - we need you. Thanks sooooo very much for Ardesia for coming into the GM group. The GM group has improved with her presence far beyond words. Maybe there is another out there. Oh, this is my plea for help if you haven't noticed.... :)
Thanks so much for your words and support, DaHobbit!
Being part of the team is absolutely great and I'm so thankful for having been included in :D
There are many tasks needing attendance, that's true, and we currently are not so many. There are also many awesome players: I'm confident there are good potential GMs among them, who might be tempted to apply soon!
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message