Pet blocking prevention.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Pet blocking prevention.

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Ever get tired of pets being used to block a path/bridge/etc? Even a GM cannot totally fix it without knowing who the pet belongs to, and randomly moving ppl to move the pets would be wasteful of time and effort, along with just plain unfair.

Here's my idea. An "info" button on pets. It tells the player that owns it stats on that pet (which the players would love), and also would tell a GM who owns it (for movement/punishment purposes). A win/win for everyone.
Omnes Autem Uri
fiora

Re: Pet blocking prevention.

Post by fiora »

Totally agreed , very nice idea
sara--->mage
Fiora--->archer
Fiora2---> sword
Fiora3--->ogre
Fiora4--->dwarf
Fiora5--->mage
•○● i will be glad if u asked my help in anything ^_^●○•
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Yes agreed. Asked for too.
We do have the ability to kill pets... Tempting, but I don't think most would like that.
It would work though :D
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

+1
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

+1

I'm used to just spam whipping them outta my way now though lol. That or sneak diagonally past :lol:

Doesn't work when there are many intentionally blocked on the bridge though.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Fantastic idea. Love the stats bit as well so I don't have to keep referring to the pets list print out.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote:Love the stats bit as well so I don't have to keep referring to the pets list print out.
Like I said, "win/win." Lol
Omnes Autem Uri
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I really want and intend to stay out of discussions like this now and in the future but I felt strongly compelled to mention something. If a player can click on pets and see who they belong to, this may be some food for thought. I'll use an example: On the Lion's/Witch's sister map, players often park their low level pets in the lower right corner of the map. If a player walks by and identifies that pets belong to someone who they feel has wronged them in the past or someone that they just don't like, this may be added incentive for pet killing. Whereas if they see several pets, they may be inclined to walk on if they don't know who's pets are parked there for fear that they may kill the wrong persons pets and face some retaliation. I know that players are responsible for watching out for their pets, but sometimes I feel like that response is a cop out.
+1 to the stat info. My two cents...
BOO!:ghost:
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Ryaca wrote:I really want and intend to stay out of discussions like this now and in the future but I felt strongly compelled to mention something. If a player can click on pets and see who they belong to, this may be some food for thought. I'll use an example: On the Lion's/Witch's sister map, players often park their low level pets in the lower right corner of the map. If a player walks by and identifies that pets belong to someone who they feel has wronged them in the past or someone that they just don't like, this may be added incentive for pet killing. Whereas if they see several pets, they may be inclined to walk on if they don't know who's pets are parked there for fear that they may kill the wrong persons pets and face some retaliation. I know that players are responsible for watching out for their pets, but sometimes I feel like that response is a cop out.
The owner info was specified as GM-only.
Omnes Autem Uri
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

madmaniacal1 wrote:
Ryaca wrote:I really want and intend to stay out of discussions like this now and in the future but I felt strongly compelled to mention something. If a player can click on pets and see who they belong to, this may be some food for thought. I'll use an example: On the Lion's/Witch's sister map, players often park their low level pets in the lower right corner of the map. If a player walks by and identifies that pets belong to someone who they feel has wronged them in the past or someone that they just don't like, this may be added incentive for pet killing. Whereas if they see several pets, they may be inclined to walk on if they don't know who's pets are parked there for fear that they may kill the wrong persons pets and face some retaliation. I know that players are responsible for watching out for their pets, but sometimes I feel like that response is a cop out.
The owner info was specified as GM-only.
Ah... You are correct. Apologies.
BOO!:ghost: