Please take away stat redos

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

NightBaby

Re: Please take away stat redos

Post by NightBaby »

I completely disagree. :shock:
I think stat resets are necessary in the game. New gear, monsters and pvp are all reasons why. New monsters may have more dex than you have, or maybe your hp is too low and you need some points on arm. Maybe you want to "tank" for someone and you set the necessary dex then a ton of arm for extra hp. Not sure about any of y'all but when I reach a new set of levels, for example say 150, the new set of gear messes with the stats I have set to grind with. Either making my dex lower than needed, or way too high. Sometimes it lowers my str or arm, sometimes it raises it. Depends on the gear you use, etc.

-Okay, lets say someone attacks you and the reset option no longer exists. If the person has higher dex and a decent amount of str/hp you won't have a chance against them. Are you supposed to just sit and die? :? :|
Does life really get better?
death911

Post by death911 »

I also disagree.
Every now an then new monsters are introduced and new gears. We need to set stats according to new gears and according to new monsters. If i reach lvl 1000 and get 1000 lvl boots then i would like to put some points from dex to str.
Also it has a price lol. That is XP becomes 0. So its balanced.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Well said Nightbaby and Death911.

Just some food for thought.

Awhile back when I was around level 2400, a player that was over level 5k that always attacked me whenever he saw me attacked me and I was amazed that I was actually winning. I was able to kill a player that was over twice my level because he reset his stats to grind monsters and my dex was higher than his.

Please keep in mind that without stat resets, lower level players would have no chance against higher level players.

Also, I have played several mmorpgs that allow stat/skill resets or changes. An earlier post on these forums discusses this and More and more games are going to start allowing this.

Blizzard is one game company that had started to allow this which really surprises me as I am a Warcraft and Diablo fan from way back and Diablo 1 and 2 did not allow this. Diablo 3 and 4 do allow this.

I believe it is the wave of the future as mmorpgs continue to evolve.
BOO!:ghost:
Yod

Post by Yod »

Then take away pvp and take away role play because that is what you are actually doing. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? It destroys the whole idea of creating something and showing it off. You use to have this thing called pride and genius enginuitty when one builds with an idea making it hard for others to copycat you or even take advantage of you just by changing stats. Not to mention that this destroys role play aspects to am mmorpg to begin with. We maybe perhaps losing some very core ideas about enginuitty and skill when setting up character development from the start. I will just have to look elsewhere for that then if I can't find it here.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I see what you're saying, and agree with most of it - sadly, I believe you won't find what you're looking for anywhere anymore -- role-playing is pretty much dead, at least in mmos. I'd say either accept this new style of playing (here or in another mmorpg) and learn how to enjoy it, or leave this medium altogether and find a group to actually role-play with in a tabletop session. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck (I've personally just given up on finding a place to actually play a role playing game, and decided to enjoy games like this instead - out of respect to the dev, I won't name the others, but they've all sold out to make the masses happy rather than produce a role-playing game... I think there just aren't enough people like us who would support it :/ )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

Character's skills are probably close to what Yod is missing. A player has to work in level them up, and can be proud of reached goals
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal »

I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of any RPG I've played with PvP that doesn't allow you to respec your character in some way.
[OnyX]
Lord Baal
Ganondwarf
Yggdrasila
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Exactly
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Think about pretty much any rpg before MMOs came out... I can't think of any where you could reset your stats - (and yes, there was plenty of PvP in those)

but again, the genre of role-playing games is now such that playing the actual role of your character doesn't mean anything anymore, it's all about being "better" than somebody else - to the point of sharing accounts... for those of us who enjoyed the role playing, it's very sad. For those of you who enjoy this new way more, I'm sure it's very happy to have it so simplified - nobody is "right" or "wrong" - we just have different preferences. There are more people who enjoy things more simple (again, not an insult) so that's what devs devs have gravitated towards
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

What is an rpg that is not an mmorpg that has pvp?