Please take away stat redos

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Yod

Please take away stat redos

Post by Yod »

For the love of gawd please take away stat redos, by having it in game destroys each character uniqueness as well as character development skills. You are making it unbalanced and very in character unreal like. It kills playing atmosphere and again destroys the quality product of each account and its developing uniqueness. If you still insist on having it for certain reasons, then make it so it costs money to redo stats so at least it keeps players ftom consistently changing it. All the games I have ever been on never made it this easy to change stats like this. Some dont even allow you to change it at all. I want to have this game unique and to keep each character developed by the skill of the player. Oh please change this, I beg you dahobbit.
DaHobbit

Re: Please take away stat redos

Post by DaHobbit »

You want this game unique, but then you say you want it to be just like all the other games you played. That doesn't make much sense. In any event, it is not up to me. I am only a GM. I am not the creator or developer of the game. So you asking me does no good. The creator is named Compbatant in forum.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Leone

Post by Leone »

If you don't like the stat change option, don't use it. Easy.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

+1 ^
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I actually agree with Yod on this, and argued against making the reset repeatable (it used to be a 1 time option)... but I've come to realize that the idea of role-playing in a mmorpg is pretty much a farce - almost nobody wants that... oh well - I'll enjoy FT for what it is instead ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I completely disagree. If this wasn't available when I first started playing and had no idea where to place my stats, I would have had to discard my character that I put so many hours into because I put stat points in the wrong places. Also, Dex works slightly differently in FT than other games that I have played. Armor does also. I didn't find this out until months after I started playing.

BOO!:ghost:
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

That's exactly why there was the ability to reset once -- learn how it works, then set your character accordingly, then play it as an actual character... as opposed to now where it's not role-playing a character at all, it's just running an account - like I said, I know most people in mmorpgs don't like to role-play ;)

let's not get too worked up about any of this though, I really, really doubt that you'll lose the ability to reset stats :p
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Yod

Post by Yod »

Uniqueness not in like every game I have been on. Uniqueness in the this game would be different in the fact that it would blend pvp, crafting, role-playing atmosphere as well as building and clan wars, but again it was destroyed when the stupid stat redo thing destroys it all. This game has turned sour to me just because of this little thing. You (developer) dont understand how much damage you actually do cause for some of us serious gamers and in-depth character strategy pvp players. Also, out of all the people I thought dahobbit would understand but your probably just a punk kid who likes first person shooters or Minecraft or something.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Nothing wrong with first person shooters. I'm a Wolfenstein and Doom fan from way back. Different people are into different things and that is okay. That is what makes each of us "Unique".
BOO!:ghost:
Yod

Post by Yod »

Then fine, at least make it so that by level 20 or 30 you can't redo your stats anymore. That way, nobody can keep redoing it to get an edge on you if your pvping or other means. This doesn't make any sense and every developer would agree with me when they involve any kind of pvp into their game.