New idea for jail

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

guafk

New idea for jail

Post by guafk »

I have a new idea about jail, where a player who lives in jail will find 10 afk players and his account will be released.
Industry is good at diligence, waste in play; action in thinking, destroyed in following。
Leone

Re: New idea for jail

Post by Leone »

I'm afraid I'm against this for a number of reasons.

1) Players are sent to jail as a punishment. I am not comfortable with the concept of them then being given the authority to police other players who abide by the rules.

2) Although players have to respond to GMs in-game, they are perfectly entitled to ignore other players if they wish to do so. It can be difficult to distinguish between an AFK player and a player who wants to be left on their own.

3) AFK players are - as far as I'm aware - no longer a big issue, as they are automatically logged out after 5 mins of inactivity.
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

I am a huge fan of the automatic kick
BOO!:ghost:
Tarlin

Post by Tarlin »

I think the concept of jail should be similar to historical implications of 'jail sentences'. Basically jail should be a labor camp. The game could have a jail map, that also houses a very nice (non PvP area) castle, town, or city developing. The resources gained from the individuals in jail (also known as labor camp) can be applied towards the graphical development of this area. This can become a central market, shopping district, communication center, social gathering point, a very well designed role play area. There is a lot of potential in making it so that jailed players can still perform activities, but that benefit the game and not themselves.

Instead of a player being jailed for 3 days (basically 3 days of suspension from game as I understand it), they would have to log 72 hours (3 days equivelant) of work for the 'Crown'. This way it is not just a sit and wait game for a timer to lapse, but instead an honest way to earn your ability to play the full game again, while still being able to perform activities in game. This would also help maintain a healthy population in game. A player gets jailed for 2 weeks, and sadly in todays society has the attention span of a gnat, instead of returning to the game just finds another game to play. This keeps them still interested in the game, and adds a simplistic way of creating a sense of purpose within the game. Manual labor is repetitive and arduous in many ways, so therefore the lesson is still actively learned about obeying the rules. 72 hours is longer than 3 days considering time keeps ticking, but playing time is only while you are playing.

Incorporating this type of rule though would require some sort of gain for the community as a whole, as stated in the first paragraph. To sit in jail for even 12 hours (which can take 12 hours or even a week or more) conducting manual labor with absolutely no gains would deter most people from even returning to the game at all after being placed in jail. Could lead to further expansion in the game as well. Clan wars can be not just for territory but for ownership of the crown. New map grids can be created as a way to expand the growing 'Kingdom'. New quests and adventures can be geared around kingdom tasks and quests. Lots of potential for overall growth. Not all players in jail are complete jerks, we all make mistakes. It's also a smart way to filter out those who actually are playing the game and those that are just trolling the game.

Thanks for reading my input, thinking about making a suggestions tab about some ideas I had to clan wars and activities as well as the kingdom stuff I just posted (but more intricate details). When I complete I can post a thread link from here to it :)

post completed: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15024
Last edited by Tarlin on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I really like this idea. I'm not quite sure how it could be implemented: presumably the prisoners would build an entire new city and where would that go?

Anyway - that's a question about detail to be considered. As an idea or concept, I think it's great.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Hehe speaking from personal experience, yes, I agree - manual labour can really be a pain.

This is an interesting concept - would need a lot of work and hashing out - but the potential as a deterrent would be quite good.

Sadly though, even with our current "easy jail system", some cry out bloody murder, even if caught red handed.

An idea of this sort would need to involve a great deal of forethought, and careful programming - as the cheaters will try to cheat, even in jail.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
death911

Post by death911 »

Prisoners will dig a hole out of the jail lol. Prison Break!!
😅😅
But maybe 1 thing can be done is jail. Sentence can be reduced by doing some work. Maybe have some mining and crafting place at jail. Let's say mine iron and make 10 iron plates or mine steel to make steel plates. Or maybe some other gears. After craft complete these gear go to the mod who jail them and this in turn reduces some sentence. The mod In turn gives these gears to some newbies at start map which will help newbies.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

With our current jailing system people just wait out the time and play alts till the character out of jail. If they have to do some labour and invest some game hours in doing something productive then that would make some change and they would try not to repeat offence to get jail.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Agree on all of these new ideas~ Jail sentences should freeze your trades, that way it can't be "abused"
Does life really get better?
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I do like the crafting idea, but I'm against the idea of it going to a GM - kinda creates potential for abuse, but moreso, potential for cries of abuse.

I'd much rather the items go to some sort of public market, where all can buy or bid or whatever.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711