Personalized items

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Ryaca

Personalized items

Post by Ryaca »

I would like to hear all players thoughts and ideas on personalized items
BOO!:ghost:
benbaggen

Re: Personalized items

Post by benbaggen »

Like I said this is not a well thought out idea to increase revenue.this will unbalance the game so much especially if players can somewhat control the stats it has.not very many people can afford to drop $50 on a item and the ones who can this will only wide in the advantage they have over the common player.if income is the issue there are a lot better choices like I said .there could be a sold item that could grant double exp for a set amount of time.or a portable crafting item that lets u craft ingots and planks on the go.or maybe even a item that grants u increase walk speed for a set amount of hours
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

:ghost:
Last edited by Ryaca on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

I have to agree and disagree with benbaggen. This is gonna be 1 of my bigger posts with a couple points and hopefully I don't get off topic.

-- great idea

-- nowhere near thought out enuff

-- TOO GREEDY

-- other steps to help implement this right

First off great idea. This would in fact change the face of ft (mainly PvP aspects). Sure people are gonna come out and say it's making it pay to win and such but if u think it thru a little more it won't make it so (unless you're aiming for that in which case from what I've read you're right on target). Granted 50$ sounds a bit ridiculous. I'm all for the game making money cause with out money there is no change. But unfortunately change can mean ruin. For 1 you're gonna need some kind of algorithm to determine stats for each lvl and you will have to have caps of some kind for stats such as magic resist and range. Magic resist on 2k equip is pretty much where it could go without making the odds against mages so much. But say u want a 12 range bow or wand, then there's gotta be a penalty on damage or mana or something (give to get theory). Things like that need to be sorted out first (which combatant did state that they want to make sure they aren't giving out super powered equip). And sure it does sound like a pay to win feature and it is. But hence comes a problem that was never really solved or addressed to much in the past:

--MAKING GOLD HOLD IT'S VALUE IN THE GAME

As is it is nearly useless. But if this was addressed it would truly boost the games economy along with helping bring in more real money for the game. I alone suggested a few things (time limited 2x xp zones, time limited rentable items to increase drops) and others did too. Let's face it combatant, pets have (I can say almost positively) definitely hindered the amount of lvls bought in the game. Granted lvls will always be a good money generator (and they make a good full hp pot too) but I'm sure sells went down a bit after pets. Honestly 2xp zones would be great for golds value and it would prompt ur big spenders to sell more real money items for gold. You would have to make the zones worth their while (aka making it like 2x xp dark devils or higher xp monsters)but it would come at a hefty price (let's say for example 1.5b for an hr). Now all my numbers are changeable but the point is that gold has to be able to get you something worth while, and while you are getting valuable rewards for your hard earned gold (or acquired thru purchaseable items) a gold sink is munching it's way thru said gold. Give to get theory again. Give your gold get good rewards, and all the while cleaning the game of over stocked gold which in turn makes remaining gold more valuable...see where I'm going?

And last point.....WAY TO FRICKEN EXPENSIVE. Sure I could see the big spenders maybe buying a weapon, but wht I was understanding is you cn buy complete sets of customizable gear. So would be 450$ for a whole set of gear, and in let's say 3-5 months you will be 500 lvls higher and you will want a new set of customizable gear. Sure sounds great for making money for the game, but let's be real....there is maybe a handful (at most 2 handfuls) of people that would be willing to pay that kind of money for a game, let alone gear that you are going to out grow in a few months. I'm suggesting u make it 10$ for each piece of equip. I know doesn't sound like much, but it gives u a much broader group of people that will buy the equip, and if said gold value problems could be solved it would also make them a very good seller for gold I'm sure. Not all people can drop 10-100$ on a game, but most people can put in time nd effort to get real money items for gold from people who can drop the money on a game. It all boils down to needing gold value sorted....in the end it would in fact make the game more money. And I'd have a good reason to tell those crazies at spawn selling pets for 1.5b to buzz off....thts coming from the player aspect there.

But all in all a good idea...truly could be a game changer with some good thought and planning.....a never ending cash cow for them and a reason for us to keep gaining lvls for better equip.
But like I said ruin is a form of change and I truly hope they aren't trying to push things to pay to win. But I am all for the game making money...balance.zen.equilibrium.

So I conclude my rant. This comes from a concerned/kind of excited player. Hope all goes well and good things come from this.

Yours truly,

Your friendly neighborhood timewarp
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Last edited by Ryaca on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

And on a side note good ideas benbaggen....we need to see items like tht for gold tho...up it's value
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Last edited by Ryaca on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timewarp

Post by timewarp »

Lol it's kind of on topic...just things I think that would be needed to make it work iffeciently for all parties.....but thanks for reminding me...i wonder how they'd do it...itd be cool to see like set skins that u can render colors with like a simple color altering program or something....like after u use the consumable it brings up said menus and stuff
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

Last edited by Ryaca on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
benbaggen

Post by benbaggen »

I agree the gold issue in game is getting out of hand, there are a lot of people with huge stocks of gold "me being one of them" and it really devalue the whole ft economy.I have had a idea I have mentioned before. To help clear large amounts of gold from the game and help raise the value of gold back up....a mystery box u pay a set amount of gold say 250m and in return u get a random item that is in game could b a log could b a 2k item