Pet Command

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Pet Command

Post by SellSword »

This may have been mentioned before, but awhile back I accidentally marked all forum post as read...

What about a /come command for pets?

There are times I park them, maybe to walk past someone grinding and I don't want to be a jerk stealing kills, or park them to see if the way is safe, etc. I know you can log out and in again, but maybe you're being attacked by someone and you want to control mobs, or you don't want to lose your spot where you are grinding, or whatever other reason.

Pets can't open doors (sorry guys and gals, but not even the smart ones that are smarter than someone else's honor student) and they'd be at risk of whatever, well, risk, is on the way of course.

If you're half a map (I'm sure someone knows exactly how far is too far) away you can use the /wait command, but pets won't always follow.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Re: Pet Command

Post by blitzcraig »

they used to travel the entire map to get back to you when you took them off /wait (and moved yourself)

do they not anymore?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

blitzcraig wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 pm they used to travel the entire map to get back to you when you took them off /wait (and moved yourself)

do they not anymore?
No, I think, if you're a fair distance away, they don't
you can take them off /wait, but they will not respond to your movements if you're too far
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It's not like it is an urgent issue by any means, just something I noticed at some point. A "minor inconvenience" would be an overstatement. I'm not even angling for a free skin from my suggestions! ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

SellSword wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:42 am It's not like it is an urgent issue by any means, just something I noticed at some point. A "minor inconvenience" would be an overstatement. I'm not even angling for a free skin from my suggestions! ;)
Thing is, pets used to work as described above - they'd walk across the whole map to you.
When you add in the fact that this is also triggered if someone whips your pet while you're moving, and you're in range, the pet will go to your position before it goes back to parked.
I think, the range was changed to prevent abuse.

With all the controversy about pets, and when they die, I'm sorry, but I don't think it's such a great idea.
I mean, it would not be horrible - but some would use it, their pets would die, and they'd complain.
Honestly, since I have to tell players to "watch their pets more closely", I prefer that pets don't act so much when you're not around.
But, if the command were added, it would not be so bad if you're careful about it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

interesting, I must've missed that when it changed... learn something new every day ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Logging out and in will bring pets to you.

With my device (Android phone) switching between apps causes a quick disconnect / reconnect from the server without closing the app. My pets appear next to me.