Improved Backpack

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SSweetzorr

Improved Backpack

Post by SSweetzorr »

Hi all right with you ...
After time searching I had an idea to improve the space of the backpack ...

Well many are tired of mining when the backpack fills empty and then returns to mine more and so on ...
Example:> You mine 1 stone, it will surely occupy 1 space of the backpack .. My idea and after picking up another stone it will join the first one you took and add a total of 99
... So that you will have 99 stone in 1 so slot .. So either the 99 is reached the next stone will occupy another slot asim successively ... I will give an example in the image
Attachments
IMG_20180414_210016.jpg
IMG_20180414_210016.jpg (102.5 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
Thank you all for your cooperation, have a nice day.
SSweetzor - lvl 263- warrior class
Dude- lvl 1295- mage
Leone

Re: Improved Backpack

Post by Leone »

If only. It's a great idea that's been requested many times.

I put the search term 'Stack' in the search bar and found that this idea was suggested 4 years ago:

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... k&start=60

Still: a good idea is a good idea. I agree that it would be a great addition to the game.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It'd be nice, but game dynamics would have a major shift as well that would have to be accounted for. If you could theoretically make one mining trip and come back with close to 8k ore it might be necessary to increase crafting requirements. Then there are potions. It's borderline worthless to carry 1-2 potions around, but I'd be ok devoting a slot or two to potions and carry around about 100-200 potions when going to new areas with much less to worry about if the monsters are a bit too strong. I don't PvP, but unless someone could kill someone else in a few seconds you'd likely have those things drag on forever. For all the people who say "pfft, I don't heal!" you'd have someone on the other side who does and the short-sighted one wouldn't have a chance. (Well, that is true for many things in life.) I'd guess that mages carrying around about 8k pots would lead to more balance concerns as well.

Regardless of the pros and cons in the argument the nail in the coffin would likely be $$$. Not as much desire to pay for an extra backpack and/or storage. For all the people who don't believe in spending money on games the developers don't put them together out of the kindness of their hearts, but as a business.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I agree with everything you wrote there, except for the $$ part... I've watched compbatant make plenty of decisions over the years which were for the betterment of the game rather than trying to make more money ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

blitzcraig wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:26 pm I agree with everything you wrote there, except for the $$ part... I've watched compbatant make plenty of decisions over the years which were for the betterment of the game rather than trying to make more money ;)
I have to agree, blitz. Think about all the income not being spent on lvls, but on pets. If getting pets (for approximately the cost of 2.5 lvls real money) can allow exponentially faster grinding than before, then that's a lot of lvl-based income not received compared to the lvls gained in game. Then again, lots more ppl buy pets than ever bought lvls...
It seems I'm rambling a bit, but I'll sum it up at "agreement". Lol
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Can I toss this out there, well of course I can:
  1. allow up to 4 extensions per backpack (max 100 spaces)
  2. allow lockable items in the original 20 spaces
That would be easier I think and enough space.

mind you 99 x 20 = 1980 mithril ore capacity
99 x 40 = 3960 mithril ore capacity

.... Hmmmmmm :twisted: :twisted:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

As it is, PvP can drag on far too long with 2 packs and 2 pets (for 4 packs)
Adding more quantity of certain items would simply make it more tedious.

The only way I could get behind such an idea is that any items that could be used in PvP do not stack, or cannot be increased from the normal amount in any way.
Ores and other basic crafting mats, I'm fine with. Stack them, or allow another pack exclusively for them.
Even then though, it would still make the game "too easy" in my eyes. I rather like the current challenge level for crafting most things.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I tend to agree. Everyone knows the mining quest will be tedious, as that seems to be the biggest crafting quest. You could always buy a house right next to the mithril (I'm sure the stalagmites and skull pile nearby are fair game) and then clear cut a forest to fill up your backpack with magic stumps and you'd probably be good to go.

Also, Hobbs already said in one thread "I wanted to show my sadistic side and make players curse my name with every single failed craft of a mithril tool." I'm paraphrasing a little bit, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said. ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

MadMikael wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm As it is, PvP can drag on far too long with 2 packs and 2 pets (for 4 packs)
Adding more quantity of certain items would simply make it more tedious.

The only way I could get behind such an idea is that any items that could be used in PvP do not stack, or cannot be increased from the normal amount in any way.
Ores and other basic crafting mats, I'm fine with. Stack them, or allow another pack exclusively for them.
Even then though, it would still make the game "too easy" in my eyes. I rather like the current challenge level for crafting most things.
I agree, with the exception of fish, which should be stackable ;)
death911

Post by death911 »

I don't Like this idea..1 slot means 1 slot that's it...
Full and final...
Please don't be lazy enough for ores that u want to finish off all the ores in 1 go...
If this idea were to be implemeted then it would be very unfair in pvp....
Reallly 99 1k HP pots in 1 slot?
Means 7920 1k HP pots total in backpack?
Seriously what were u thinking when u thought of the idea?
This idea would create great imbalance in game!!
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!