Sharing of personal house space

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMikael

Sharing of personal house space

Post by MadMikael »

I don't think this idea will go over, but I'll give it a go anyway.

A suggestion of you could share your storage in your personal house with alts.
There are pros and cons to this idea, and if implemented, it should be severely limited IMO.

My vision:
- you can share your house storage with 1 alt only, as chosen by you
- the alt account must be yours; so it must be linked to the same email - no exceptions
- the alt cannot craft nor store/remove pets - simply add items to storage or remove them
- you cannot access the house simultaneously with two accounts - you'll have to do one at a time
- this would be a way for some to transfer items if they only have one device

While I am strongly considering buying a second house for an alt, I will only be using the one for crafting etc.; this idea would make my life a little easier, as well as others. It probably won't happen. But, an idea could be, that to share storage space, both accounts need to own their own house first possibly, and the link between the two houses needs to be created by compbatant or an admin.

I do not think that if you own a house, all your alts should gain access to it. However, in my previous statement, a linking of houses themselves would possibly encourage more to buy multiple houses. Home owners should get perks IMO - they are a serious long-term investment in the game. I'm very happy that house storage upgrades are available now, and I'd be fine if this linking of houses requires an additional purchase as well - I'd buy it. Of course, I need to save up for that 2nd house first... but even a purchase that doesn't require a 2nd house, but one that allows a certified alt to access your storage as described above would be neat too.

Ok, I've planted the seed of the idea, let's see where the community takes it - and see if it inspires compbatant ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Humble_M

Re: Sharing of personal house space

Post by Humble_M »

I only play one hero (no patience for alts), but I do like the idea.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm very wary about this. Historically, the word 'sharing' does not sit well within FT rules.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Leone wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm I'm very wary about this. Historically, the word 'sharing' does not sit well within FT rules.
hence my expression of "certified" alt
with the coming enforcement against account sharing, I think this could be considered once that is fully into effect
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

My vision:
- you can share your house storage with 1 alt only, as chosen by you
- the alt account must be yours; so it must be linked to the same email - no exceptions
- the alt cannot craft nor store/remove pets - simply add items to storage or remove them
- you cannot access the house simultaneously with two accounts - you'll have to do one at a time
- this would be a way for some to transfer items if they only have one device
+1

But if the alt "had to own a house" to do this.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I like the concept, but would be wary of buying a second house to do so. If I did purchase a second house for an alt I'd hope to have 100 extra storage slots to work with (200 total), not getting half the benefit that I paid for because two characters are sharing the same space. I'd do crafting with whichever character had the higher skill, of course.

What about some kind of small shared space? Maybe have an alt purchase extra storage, connect it to my main's house, and that gives my alt 20 spaces to put into? Set it up as a separate page you can "lock" items in (bump that general idea as well) to allow limited sharing at a limited price?

You could even set it up that a purchased extra storage allows depositing items, but not taking out with an alt. Just a variation on the above idea.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.