Message Icons & Ignore Funtion

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Message Icons & Ignore Funtion

Post by SellSword »

Would it be an option to create different pictures for friend messages, trade invites, and clan invites? It is pretty annoying to be messaging back and forth with a friend while someone keeps sending trade requests begging for handouts, and you can't tell if you should check the envelope notice or just ignore it. You could toss clan invites in the mix as well as those can be annoying at times. Most people have probably experienced sitting at spawn and not engaging in any trade discussions only to have multiple trade requests pop in. Many times there is no activity on the stranger's side like they are just waiting for you to add money so they can accept, but they never say anything so how should you know?

Going a step further, what about different areas for different notices? No reason you are expecting a trade? Just let it sit there! Don't care for clans and someone wants to invite you without even talking to you? Just ignore it!

Finally, what about being able to delete notices without opening them? (Yeah, I know, die or leave the map to wipe out some of those, but not always something on my agenda...) I suppose it's really a spinoff to the ignore option, or at least a variation thereof.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Humble_M

Re: Message Icons & Ignore Funtion

Post by Humble_M »

+1
For the 3 types of messages, maybe just different envelope colors:

Existing friend message - existing color
Friend request - green
Trade - blue
Clan request - red
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ SellSword - love the idea.
Humble_M wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 am +1
For the 3 types of messages, maybe just different envelope colors:

Existing friend message - existing color
Friend request - green
Trade - blue
Clan request - red
One OOPS! here. Fire up your device and you see a red envelope with the number "3" what are the 2 under the Clan Request?

So while I love the concept, let's make it a command line option.

Set your defaults (game default is 'on' for all):
  1. /friendm off / on - if 'off' send: "Unavailable at this time" message
    • would eliminate "chat death"
    • if 'off' and user sends a message it automatically resets "friendm" to default: on
  2. /friendr off / on - if 'off' send: "Friend list full" message)
  3. /trader off / on - if 'off' send: "You must ask user to trade." message
    • now people would HAVE to ask you if you want to trade.
  4. /clanr off / on - if 'off' send: "User not interested in joining a clan" message
If set to 'off' your game would remember 'your default' setting when turned off and then back on.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The other day I went to spawn to fish a bit and maybe look into some gear transactions, basically minding my own business. An envelope pops up which turns out to be a trade from some guy I don't know. No activity, so I cancel. Look around and see the player is level six. Shortly afterwards another envelope. I have a hunch what it is, and it turns out to be another trade. This time the other guy puts 12k gold in right away. I'm not going to rip him off and accept, but I have a lv30 bracelet he could sell for 300k+ so I toss it out and HE cancels. Then I just ignore envelopes as 7 of them pile up...

That is annoying, and was ultimately the impetus for the suggestion. There has to be a way to deal with that junk.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.