Gold pieces

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Gold pieces

Post by rearrow »

to be clear on my position.
higher drop chance shop sellable gear or direct gold drops would both be fine to me.
both result in extra gold which can be used to buy rarer stuff which you cannot drop yourself rom higher lvls.
in recent update 1k gear or needed ingredients drop from enemies which you realy have no chance of killing in the needed quantity at lv 1k. so you need to buy it from a lv3k+. now its new its only sold for lvls or pets (ie rea cash). hopefully it will become available for gold soon.
but you will still need a source for that gold. ie drops.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

SellSword wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:50 am
Nahgus wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 am So you are against gold dropping at all

I understand
Sure, almost what I said, but whatever you want to go with works too.
I certainly enjoy reading your positive well thought out comments

You are full of wisdom and have much to share
Ryaca_1 is retired
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

Killing ogre zombies gives skulls, 500gp per pair of skulls from the NPC near Martek's. Plus low lvl drops.

Maybe similar NPC on other maps to pay small (<2k) amounts of gold for similar trophies from certain monsters (ears, heads, wings)?
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

i think the original poster ment higher lvl monsters also dropping gold on significant amounts.
rare drops are only available from other players for pets, lvls or high amounts of gold like 2bn. with the quests using up the gold reserves from the key chests, this means that the only real way to get the gear you cant farm yourself is by spending real money.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

rearrow wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:09 pm i think the original poster ment higher lvl monsters also dropping gold on significant amounts.
rare drops are only available from other players for pets, lvls or high amounts of gold like 2bn. with the quests using up the gold reserves from the key chests, this means that the only real way to get the gear you cant farm yourself is by spending real money.
Agreed

My point exactly

Would be nice to see higher lvl mobs drop larger amounts of gold

Would need to be balanced of course but many new quests require very large amounts of gold

From ardesia city and on to the new maps i have spent around 6 billion

That's a rough estimate

EDIT: I am currently on the fortress of Aetor map and have not started questing in the pyramid map or the black knight tower so I'm sure there will be more gold disappearing from my coin sack
Ryaca_1 is retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

For this Knight, it certainly seems like gold is going out faster than it is coming in.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Need GOLD, kick it old school...
Kill monsters, Gather items, Sell items at store
REPEAT
:geek:
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Khmer wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:13 am
Need GOLD, kick it old school...
Kill monsters, Gather items, Sell items at store
REPEAT
:geek:
exactly. thays why i was advocating higher lvl monsters to drop other items then those eith a 1/1000 chance. id prefer that over syraight gold, but straight gold would still be a way.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

I've been playing rpgs since the 1980s and gold is always dropped by mobs

I understand everyone has different opinions but i am an old school gamer from way back and it just feels plain weird to fight mobs and not have gold drop every now and again

But i understand that there are many ppl that are a lot younger and in a sense newer to rpgs

Things change i guess

Edit: spelling
Ryaca_1 is retired
Khmer

Post by Khmer »

Nahgus wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 pm I've been playing rpgs since the 1980s and gold is always dropped by mobs

I understand everyone has different opinions but i am an old school gamer from way back and it just feels plain weird to fight mobs and not have gold drop every now and again

But i understand that there are many ppl that are a lot younger and in a sense newer to rpgs

Things change i guess

Edit: spelling
Things fortunately or unfortunately do change...how may MMORPG games have allowed you to buy levels?
One of the best...Pool of Radiance :)
Attachments
Pool_of_Radiance_Coverart.png
Pool_of_Radiance_Coverart.png (170.97 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
pool-of-radiance_11.png
pool-of-radiance_11.png (6.15 KiB) Viewed 3964 times