Gold pieces

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Gold pieces

Post by SellSword »

SellSword wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 am That's pretty much what gear drops are for as you can juse sell. Farm archer field (30k+ gear), library (90k gear), trappers (450k gear), red crocs (180k-1m gear)... whatever your level.
I'd like to rethink my position on this if I may have a redo? Just a few minutes ago I was talking with Leone in game about how it'd be nice to grind and get gold too. So, yeah...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

At one point, gold was only important for beginning players. now, that's not the case. Mercenary quests, NPC "info" quests, gear transmutation...all require more and more gold, sometimes in the billions. I'm all in favor of gold drops for all monsters, maybe scaled based on the level. still, more gold opportunities are needed.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:58 am At one point, gold was only important for beginning players. now, that's not the case. Mercenary quests, NPC "info" quests, gear transmutation...all require more and more gold, sometimes in the billions. I'm all in favor of gold drops for all monsters, maybe scaled based on the level. still, more gold opportunities are needed.
I don't see it happening to be honest, but would welcome it as well.

A partial quote of mine from another post:
LK wrote:... crafting and selling Axe of Souls(500) to shops dropped from 81m to 63m and the 750 Legendary Hammer's selling price dipped down to 99m from 153m.
So as you said: all require more and more gold, sometimes in the billions. while there is a trend afoot to chip away at the few millions we can make. And those millions above are not "profit" either, there is a cost involved getting the materials to craft those. And in the case of the 750 weapons, the percentage "fail" chance as well.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

i'm in same boat.while i begin play mmorpg(online)FT i was playing rpg(offline) and i enjoy with gold drops. because always running in shop and sell items is some boring and takes almost double time. i like idea to have all monsters gold drops. plus at now in FT- because of spawn limit and because of new items prices, got much harder to earn money. now all items have half price or less. sometimes player can earn much more gold from low lvl monsters than high. its need to be balanced by: how rare item is and what lvl it is.
;)
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
generous11

Post by generous11 »

I prefer the gold drop from various-levels mobs. of course, there are people disagreeing and others agree. what I see, I played 2 rpg games (e.g. exiled kingdoms, FT rpg) and saw that in the other game we can get a little amount of gold by killing a lot of mobs, but not of some others. in FT we can try making it fair. try this and find the calculation.

If every human enemy/ magic enemy (mages & fairies)/ minotaurs/ crocs/ devils/ ...
drops at every 1/75 chance a little amount of gold, it would make it good. it will increase as for difficulty to be killed and for its lvl.
*examples:
archers lvl 15 -> 1.25k G
red vlads lvl 20 -> 2k G
dark warlocks lvl 20 -> 2.5k G
blue vlads lvl 30 -> 3.75k G
red crocys lvl 40 -> 5k G
ghost archers lvl 150 -> 20k G
ogre halflings lvl 250 -> 50k G
dark devils lvl 472 -> 150k G
green devils lvl 625 -> 300k G
minotaurs lvl 750 -> 350k G
underground devils lvl 1000 -> 500k G
red dinosaurs lvl 1274 -> 1m G
black dragons lvl 1500 -> 2m G

*ball lvl 999999 -> a mystery.
I thought from a year about suggesting something about ball. its a guardian. its magical cause of extremely high damage and dex of 10k.
maybe if we make for it mystery drops. at least if we kill 1, we would sign a victory with a reward. cause extreme. well for drop idea:
500m gold as 100% chance for 1st time.
then 50% chance get it again.
then 40%.
then 35%.
then 30%.
then 25%.
then 20%.
then 15%.
and lastly 10%.
after it; its droppable 500m golds 10% chance forever. I made it like challenge lol. but only cause its extreme to be killed.
also, its a magical ball; why not getting a mystery item? maybe a random lvl 2000 item? like the rate of 500m golds? I am extending this idea as I saw the post now.

good luck
best regards.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Interesting...

If implemented, there should be a daily limit (back to 0 at server restart) per monster. Otherwise, players will grind forever and never let someone else have a chance
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Let me correct this for you ... or at least add an element:
Humble_M wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:15 pm Interesting...

If implemented, there should be a daily limit (back to 0 at server restart) per monster. Otherwise, higher lvl players will grind forever and never let someone else, ie: lower levels, have a chance.
JIMHO
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I think if gold is ever incorporated into the higher level spawn, it really can't be too much. The nature of the game requires serious grinding & even green devils can be killed in the thousands at lvl 820 onward, thanks to pets. Any implementation would have to be very cautious, as the game economy could easily be flooded.

If anything, I feel a better measure would be to include gold as a reward for certain quests. The mercenary quests are ideal for this.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agreed. Well said.