Pets on Specific Maps = 0 damage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Pets on Specific Maps = 0 damage

Post by LostKnight »

Pets, all of them, should have "damage set to zero" the second they enter Maps; 0.0, 0.-1, -1.-1 & -1.-2.

Let them shoot at, hack away at or chew away at enemies all they want but with 0 damage.

My reasoning why:

Maps 0.0 & 0.-1
It is so sad to see these Pet Dogs and Pet Shop trolls, or any other pets to be honest, strategically placed down where Level 0 players are trying to get their first 4 kills of the game to get to LVL 1. Or parked in the bee fields of 0.-1. where lvl 2 or 3 players need to get 10 stings.

And my pets are guilty at times as well, because my house is in 0.-1 near the beehives. Unless I use a joystick to walk them through, they kill on the way. But I don't park them "in" the bee field like I see others do.

What is nice is I have seen dying lower level players get within range of my pets and all of a sudden they are in a safe no PvM zone, as my pets protect them. I usually tell them, "Stand still and heal, my pets will protect you." Of course this doesn't help much if they don't understand English. And on the flip side of the coin. While this is a nice thing for lower levels I think it teaches a bad habit. As they level they've learnd to run to another player's pets to get rid of a spawn killing him but he may 'spawn kill the pets' they drag that spawn to.

Maps -1.-1 & -1.-2
I include -1.-1 because it's a low level area on the way to Ashdown

Ashdown being attacked by pirates is a another sore spot for me. Seeing high levels "fishing" while their pets suck up the pirates and the lowers level standing around watching or as I have seen a few time simply leaving saying "What's the use!" or a few more colourful comments at get *****'d out.

A damage 0 zone for these maps would be great start for new players.

ALSO:

Pet's parked on Map 0.0 and the "fishing" while pets kill in Ashdown is IMHO is something Rule 9 covers. I don't even have to read past the main statement of the rule to get it:
Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!
However this part of the text is what applies: or do anything else to annoy other players, since the problem is not specifically addressed.

So maybe if enough players agree AND it's not a HUGE programming problem, AND compbatant considers the suggestion a worthwhile one we could have a zone where level 0 to 5 or 6 players can have a place to level in peace.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
blitzcraig

Re: Pets on Specific Maps = 0 damage

Post by blitzcraig »

My first thought is that a player would be really, really upset when they have a pet killed by wolves or bees while they're fishing or chopping trees :/

sure, it'd take a while, but many players do these things for long periods of time
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good post, LK. I agree.

There are so many games out there that just one bad experience for new players can be enough for them to leave ft and try a different game.

It can be annoying for experienced players when others steal spawn. It must therefore be extremely disheartening for brand new players to the game when pets do the same.

I think your comments about the 'pirates invade Ashdown' event could also apply to the invasion of Martek. That's maybe a debate for another thread though.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 pm My first thought is that a player would be really, really upset when they have a pet killed by wolves or bees while they're fishing or chopping trees :/

sure, it'd take a while, but many players do these things for long periods of time
Then let the higher level player pause for a second, hill the bee or wolf OR keep wortking away "tanking" for lower levels. If they are lvl 30, Shop Pet, or 40+, Dog and Shop Pet I would think standing still they could be there all day and not die.
I was always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Leone

Thank you, and yes that's exactly why I bring this up. Only compbatant can tell us how many players get wiped in the under level 5 purge that happens on occasion. And it would be interesting to know how many of those quit for just these bad experiences. We will never know.

Martek is a little different as it can be seen as an event for pets as well, but yes, I've see some really high levels there with pets too, just sucking up the attackers, probably ending without even seeing a single point on their EXP as they are so high. In fact it took me a couple of events to get the siege weapons. I use to go back after and collect siege weapons just to give away after the siege because of the high level pets. Very few takers though so I stopped going since my quest was done. Little did I know, back then, that I could just go to the Black Knight's castle, bottom of Map 0.-2, and get the siege weapons in relative peace for the quest.
I was always AFK!
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

I have to disagree on this one

I purchased pets and i want them to always be able to kill monsters
Ryaca_1 is retired
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Nahgus wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm I have to disagree on this one

I purchased pets and i want them to always be able to kill monsters
Completely agree to Nahgus. Whatever with I bought pets (gold or real money), I want them to be useful not only as extra bag, but as an extra damage dealer. Every f... where.
Otherwise, I would take Resa.
FT`ing life away
BETA

Post by BETA »

lol :D