New GM

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

New GM

Post by Nahgus »

The following is a list of players that i believe would make a great addition to the GM team. I vote yes for them and would really like to see them apply. I picked these players because of their passion for FT and their willingness to help others. I don't always agree with their opinions but they all have done pretty good ideas. The GM team certainly needs help and i know that any one of these players would contribute to a better future for FT

Rearrow

Leone

Lostknight

Death911

Witch

Sellsword
Ryaca_1 is retired
Leone

Re: New GM

Post by Leone »

Wow - thank you:)
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I can agree with you up to a certain degree, Nahgus. Most, if not all, of those would make MARVELOUS additions to the team, so long as they were willing to abandon any clan ties, and even friendships (to some degree).
GM must be neutral. Period.
Playing the game isn't their goal once they take the [GM] tag. Their first loyalty MUST be to clan [GM], and the responsibilities that entails. They are the FT Police, the help when a bug hits, and the overseers of the game. It's not easy. Hell-raisers and bug abusers will drive them to the breaking point, and friendships tempt them to do things they shouldn't, whether requested or not. I speak from personal experience, as some may remember.

It's not for those who want popularity, or power, or to represent any given group (as I have seen in a couple applications).
[GM] is a tag for people who love the game and wish to protect it, and its players, above all else. Any motive beyond that should be grounds to cancel one's application.
Omnes Autem Uri
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

+1 MM
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Nahgus

WOW!!! Thank you for the vote of confidence. But I will decline, because I really want to play the game. It's my first, I love it and will do whatever I can to help improve the game in that capacity.

I don't know Rearrow enough to say yea or nay but, trusting in you the way I do, I would back him as well.

As for the rest I have to say I know them all in game and would back any or all in a split second.

Code: Select all

Forum     = Game
SellSword = SellSword
@ madmaniacal1

Every now and then you pop in a comment like this:
I speak from personal experience, as some may remember.
OK, I don't know I wasn't here. I have only ever had one negative contact with you and that was indirect in game. So I have no idea what happened to you or why it happened. But I see you in the forum doing a LOT for the betterment of the game itself. Says a lot, you messed up, you are still around. Dam...arn you're human.
GM must be neutral. Period.
As must a "good Admin/Mod" in any "forum".

And to quote you again green italics mine because this is SO TRUE:
It's not for those who want popularity, or power, or to represent any given group (as I have seen in a couple applications).

[GM] is a tag for people who love the game and wish to protect it, and its players, above all else. Any motive beyond that should be grounds to cancel one's application.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I wholeheartedly agree with double m. That's why I'm *just* a player.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I said that regarding my past, because I am a former member of clan [GM]. However, I was removed from that position, and all my accounts and clans deleted, for abusing the powers I was entrusted with. I increased the skills and levels of many of my accounts, and even gave a couple items I shouldn't have to friends. I shared such a boosted account. I broke many of the rules that GMs must abide by. Regardless of why I did these things, they were wrong.
I never denied my wrongdoings. I accepted my punishment, and considered leaving FT. Only the pleas of friends to stay kept me here, witch among them. I have decided to help my friends in their endeavors, and the game with good (I hope) ideas.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

You've not walked away. That says something. Also, you've not hidden anything. In that case you are a very good judge of a future gm.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It's certainly an honor to be mentioned, that is for sure! I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind, but after some introspection I did come to the conclusion that it wasn't for me at this time.

I do love the game, and will certainly do what I can to help. Maybe something will grow from that, I can hope. :)

Knowing what I do of the others on the list, whether in the game or on the forum (disagreement doesn't mean disrespect), I would certainly be honored to be listed as a supporter on his or her application.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 am I said that regarding my past, because I am a former member of clan [GM]. However, I was removed from that position, and all my accounts and clans deleted, for abusing the powers I was entrusted with. I increased the skills and levels of many of my accounts, and even gave a couple items I shouldn't have to friends. I shared such a boosted account. I broke many of the rules that GMs must abide by. Regardless of why I did these things, they were wrong.
I never denied my wrongdoings. I accepted my punishment, and considered leaving FT. Only the pleas of friends to stay kept me here, witch among them. I have decided to help my friends in their endeavors, and the game with good (I hope) ideas.
OH MY! This post alone changes things things a HUGE amount for me anyway. KUDOS for still being here.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.