Teleportation Scroll for Mage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Matthias

Teleportation Scroll for Mage

Post by Matthias »

So my idea is a Purple Scroll which requires 300 mana and when clicked, teleports the mage to a random area on the map.

It shouldn't work if the player is stunned or frozen.

While the player is in PvP the scroll should only teleport you a very short distance away.

The scroll should be level 100+.

I think this would be helpful, because a level 250 keeps trying to spawn kill my mage. When I get trapped by the super fast spiders I lose alot of XP. :x
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
Leone

Re: Teleportation Scroll for Mage

Post by Leone »

If a mage gets this, then it would only be fair for all classes to have the same. I'm not sure what I think about this. Would it make the game too easy? I'm in two minds about it tbh.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Matthias wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm because a level 250 keeps trying to spawn kill my mage.
Report him he is breaking:

Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!
→ Rule 9 in part wrote:This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses.
But get your evidence, screenshots with /time

I agree with Leone, if a mage gets it, all classes should get it and I don't think anyone should get it.
For the same reason Leone said: Makes game too easy.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Leone wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:40 pm If a mage gets this, then it would only be fair for all classes to have the same. I'm not sure what I think about this. Would it make the game too easy? I'm in two minds about it tbh.
There should probably be a heavy price for using the scroll. So mages wont be too overpowering.
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 pm
Matthias wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm because a level 250 keeps trying to spawn kill my mage.
Report him he is breaking:

Rule 9.
Reducing game-playing experience of others!
→ Rule 9 in part wrote:This includes spawn-killing, camping and abusing safe zones like shops and private houses.
But get your evidence, screenshots with /time

I agree with Leone, if a mage gets it, all classes should get it and I don't think anyone should get it.
For the same reason Leone said: Makes game too easy.
I'm going to take a screenshot or recording next time that 250 tries to spawn kill me. Its happened about 5-7 times :|
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Matthias wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 pm I'm going to take a screenshot or recording next time that 250 tries to spawn kill me. Its happened about 5-7 times :|
Then it could quite well hall under:

Code: Select all

Rule 9 b.
Harassment
BUT read that VERY carefully and do not report it under that rule lightly!

In fact first line is in red:
Do not report this rule lightly! False reports of this rule may be punished as well.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

A random teleport is a bad idea. You may well be jumping into an even worse situation than you are running from.
That doesn't include the abuse potential on clan maps. Clan walls would be obsolete if a player can simply teleport around until he gets where he wants to go.
You mention a high cost to do it, but hyper-lvl mages would be able to spend that much mana and then some.
As things are now, only GMs can teleport in any capacity. I see no reason to change that. Spawn killers have always existed in FT. My advice is to position yourself for a quick escape, so his own spawn kills him instead.
Omnes Autem Uri
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

if you jump inside a rock or wall or something similar... perm death ☠ (yes, I long for the old RPGs lol ;) )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

blitzcraig wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:06 am if you jump inside a rock or wall or something similar... perm death ☠ (yes, I long for the old RPGs lol ;) )
Many years ago when I was playing FT my first time something happened and I got stuck on a rock. I believe it was south of Ashtown. Not much traffic around there, but I watched my mini map for dots moving nearby and yelled for help. That took a number of tries before someone came over, and quite sadly, another time or two for someone to come over and offer to get a GM for me... Several minutes passed until finally my savior arrived. We both laughed, and then my freedom.

I wish I remembered who that was. Many thanks again! :)

Ah, fond memories! :lol:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

oh wow does that bring back memories lol 😂 - players getting stuck when changing maps... that was a nightmare for GMs. thankfully, compbatant was really quick to get that fixed 👍
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏