ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: class balance

Post by blitzcraig »

Kawz, what do you think of this: (quote of previous quote) "Another thought on idea #9 ... Maybe change hit point formula for everybody to what it currently is, then multiplying by start HP / 100... If Leone is correct about mages, then archers, then others (which I suspect is the case) this would help overall balance, not just mages. Mages and archers hp would go down a bit, swordsman stay same, other two go up a bit..""vitality"

Now adjust that a bit -- instead of adding stat "vitality" (which could work, but then mages could just add to that instead of armor) institute above idea (or yours, as it is very similar) with the following change:
Change what armor does for mages -- instead of protecting against physical attacks, have it protect against magical attacks (which makes sense anyway... the magic robe doesn't do much against a sword, but does a lot to protect against magic) Also, change the formula of armor from .5 to .1 for mages and to .2 for other classes (as it pertains to hp calculation) --

together, we have helped other classes attack mages, lowered everybody's HP (to avoid invincible characters) helped mages not be too vulnerable to each other (since they still have the highest attack) -- the numbers would need to be worked a bit (I've thrown guesses out there with no work-ups whatsoever) and many players would certainly complain when they lose a bunch of HP... but together with some of the other ideas in this thread I think we could really 1.close the gap between mage and non-mage, 2.help differentiate more between all classes, 3.make it more difficult to have invincible characters, and 4. make a big step toward improving pvp in non-mage vs. non-mage, which is really difficult right now.

admittedly, it's nearly impossible to get this perfect when player level varies so widely because of level buying (no way there is a level 850 player if no buying) but since that is part of the game I say we embrace it :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
kawz

Post by kawz »

The formula is suggested blitz, the class multiplier at the end? That is for the balance, mages will have to put points into vitality just like every other class :)it is their source of hp.. but it only serves as a health skill.. take the formula I suggested :)

MAX_HP=(BASE_HP*LEVEL^0.95)*(0.2*VIT)*(CLASS_MULTIPLIER)

Imagine it for a level 100 sword :)puts all into vitality.. now assuming no extra skill points are added for this new skill that gives 202 skill points to assign on top of base stats.
Say the sword starts with 3 vitality and the mage 4.. a sword has base hp of 100 :)so..

Sword:
Hp at lev 100= (100*100^0.95)*(0.2*205)*(0.8 )
Hp at lev 100= 260'240 (rounding up 260'239.66)

mage:
Hp at lev100= (100*70^0.95)*(0.2*206)*(0.6)
Hp at lev 100= 137'451 (rounding up 137'450.55)

This means the sword has 189% higher hp than mage :)which means a mage must have 390 points in vitality at level 100 to have the same hp as a sword level 100 with all points in vitality.. so a sword can actually put less in vitality meaning more strength but still better hp than a mage.. proof.. if a mage lev 100 had full VIT a sword would only need to have added 105 skill points to vitality at level 100 to match the mages hp.. which gives the sword an extra 97 free skill points to put into other stats :)an obviously as you go up the dwarf and ogre the hp difference will be even bigger :)
sorqani

Re: Pvp Suggestion Poll

Post by sorqani »

If there has to be some sort of "reward" for killing another player, how about limiting it to gold?

I don't know what the xp is for killing say, a 60 level character, if it's it based on the xp lost by the other player, a flat amount per level, based on class/hp.

I don't recommend making it a drop of a % of the dying character's current coin, that would be open to abuse as bad as the aforementioned "I need money, I'll kill people."

I'd recommend a linear formula based on the difference between the winner (A) and loser (B) (A-B)*[amount] =coins dropped with the coins dropped not to exceed what the loser has on them.

Yes, losing all your money because some low level got lucky (or you were afk and they realized it) would suck, but you can get coin back.
ayc

Post by ayc »

I agree with Kawz about some clans who have abused pvp drops,but..why make it drop anyways??
Before it was that the drop doubles in pvp,which is wrong as well,but this update is also not fair for low lvls..even non clan players,i really saw 2 players killing one for his new lvl 100 hat,and divided it's price after sold,means that will still affect on non clan players..
Only people who like this idea are people who are getting free stuff by killing people,especially some clans that im also not going to name,but might be the kind kawz talked about.
first they abused bug,and now killing to get drops,it's really almost the same thing.
i would recommend no pvp drops at all.This is my opinion only.
Like i really have new hat and staff,but im not wearing them cz i got attacked twice because of them,by 2 players (2 alts of one player to be specific,and i wasn't in clan) just to get my hat,is this the solution?
Alts:
DeathWish (dwarf)
Storm (archer)
Mysterious (mage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Hopefully this isn't considered off topic, but I've got one more issue with instituting the drops right now...though it's really a general problem with the pvp system... A player five levels below me kills me and takes my stuff... I can't kill them back later without becoming an outlaw.... (or can't attack them at all) really doesn't seem fair
⬜ 💣 🌏
Secular

Post by Secular »

So far all classes seem to have a unique ability about them other than... you guessed it, the Swordsman.
My ideas for this class are simple and would revitalize their usefulness in PvM/PvP.

(lvl 30)
Critical Strike: (Replaces 'always hit' skill) An always hit attack with a 1.5 - 2.0x damage amplifier.

(lvl 60)
Freeze Sword: A freezing blow that immobilizes target reducing 25% current health and 50% current mana.

(lvl 100)
Glancing Blow: A directional attack (based where swordsman is facing) that deals damage on up-to 3 targets.

(The formula for dmg could be made high due to the fact it can only target 3 enemies at once whereas dwarf 8.)
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
blitzcraig

please fix pvp level requirement.. system is BROKEN!

Post by blitzcraig »

Here's what happens: my level 60 mage gets killed by level 56 mage (only takes a couple seconds, so there's no time to respond) then, I cannot go back and retaliate because he's to low level! ? ! Couple ideas to fix this...

1- enable attack any level (dangerous, I know)

2- only allow 3 levels above, 3 levels below

3- only allow pvp in clan where level doesn't matter

4- instead of three levels below, make it a percentage, say 20% (a level 50 could attack down 10 levels, a level 100 could attack down 20 etc...)

5- (best in my opinion) ENEMIES LIST - when you're not in clan, and attacked, that person goes on your enemies list...you are then allowed to attack that person regardless of level, and without becoming outlaw.

Seriously, please do something though because right now it is totally ridiculous how people are taking advantage of being four or five levels lower! !
⬜ 💣 🌏
nt300

CLAN Idea

Post by nt300 »

In regards to Clans, how about allowing the Clan Leader to display each enemy clan for all its members to see. This is to confirm we do not kill none enemy clans.

One other idea is if we have have a character class right beside a persons name, so we may see what they are, whether they be a mage or swordsman for example.

Happy Gaming,
TIME LORD
Currently In Ancient Greece, Athens.
vicbri

Re: clan improvement

Post by vicbri »

Very nice idea it could help low levels not to die all the time just because they are in a clan , especially if you cant atack neutral clans , you would only be able to atack enemie clans a more diplomatic relationship between clans.
Maybe something like a icon in clan page that when clicked it shows all clans so you can declare war or create aliances(only dukes and maybe lords too).To declarate war you just click clan name and choose war and you automaticlly are at war,to create an aliance you click clan name and send aliance request but you need and awnser for the clan you asked aliance to,and to stop war you send a request to the clan you are at war with and if he acepts you become neutral again.To receive some notifications would be great too, when a member of clan is atacked you get a message like "your clan is atacked by clan name" and if alie clan is atacked something like "alie clan name is being ataced by clan name".
Last edited by vicbri on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I developed the idea a bit more/2 time i put something i forget before
Useful links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages spoken :English, Portuguese
(vicbri) -> swordsman
(vicbri 2) -> mage
(vicbri 3) -> archer
(vicbri 4) -> dwarf
(vicbri 5) -> ogre
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

ayc on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:25 am
Pvp is balanced between chars,even between mage and dwarf,yes.
A image for example would never kill a dwarf of same lvl.
If you're talking about clans,he can simply leave clan

Ok, so I finally was forced to test this.  A level 61 ogre (best equipment) and a level 47 sword (best equipment) ganged up on me (62 mage, astral robe, hat bought from store). I had about ten pots at the time... They initiated fight, I killed them both. They went and filled up in health pots (I filled on mana pots) and they tried again...again, even two on one with them starting, I killed them.  I know it may be different at different levels, but under 100 is owned by mages.... And even higher levels, best case for non mage is just not dying...no way you win (freeze skills might make it possible so long as you start fight and surprise the mage...maybe)
⬜ 💣 🌏