ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

compbatant
Site Admin

Re: Create a Quest

Post by compbatant »

SimonTmplr wrote:I had a thought for a re-occurring adventure/task that may not be fully developed and I don't know how easy it might be to implement.

It takes place at the ruined city with the red dragons. The adventure/task could be given by the city mayor/magistrate/nobleman (woman) who would be found north of the ruined city at the crossroad that leads east into a map tile that hasn't been constructed yet.* The city folk, with the help of "a handful of brave adventurers," force the horde of red dragons from the city and begin rebuilding. The rebuilding effort would take place over a set period of time, perhaps 3 or 6 hours, and then the red dragons would attack en masse (maybe 30-50 dragons) at a given time (perhaps a system message would give a 1-hour, 30-minute, 15-minute, 5-minute, and 1-minute warning before they attack, or they could attack at the same time every day, 2-3 times a day**) and the adventurers who are online for that could all work together to defend the city. If the city is successfully defended, then there are shops that sell unique and powerful items for each class -- but they won't buy any gear from the players*** (the exp gained/shared from killing the red dragons and the current gear drop would be reward enough in that direction). If the city falls, then the red dragon population doubles (or triples) and the adventurers have to cleanse the city again to re-set the adventure/task.

* Perhaps the map tile that hasn't been created yet, could have a warren of caves in which the red dragon hordes spew forth and could have another quest connected with it. I recall seeing one quest suggested earlier about recovering a given jewel from a dragon...

** If the event were set to occur every 8 hours, there might be enough people on to stand a chance, as I have observed from other games that some people find it difficult to be online for events that take place every 12 hours, depending upon what time zone the server is in.

*** They could state that they cannot buy gear at this time because they are still trying to recover their financial losses from rebuilding the city.

Thoughts?

Simon
I like your idea however I won't be able to implement it soon, to many changes would be needed in the game server to do this.
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

I am writing a quest series called 'Return of the Undead' It will consist of maybe W0 quests I will post them as I write them the quests will begin easy and proggesivly get harder so higher level players would only be able to challenge the last few quests for great rewards and some good boss fights :)

First quest in the series is 'Undead AmbushK

Series overview- High activity in the long forgotten Volcano of Chaos has been reported. It has led to more Undead creatures, Strange sightings have been seen causing skeletons to be abnormally aggressive attacking villages and travellers. Could this be a sign of the worst? After thousands of years the undead king has been imprisoned in the volcano of chaos Could he be returning?
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

Admin wrote:
Light The Mage wrote:I am writing a quest series called 'Return of the Undead' It will consist of maybe 10 quests I will post them as I write them the quests will begin easy and proggesivly get harder so higher level players would only be able to challenge the last few quests for great rewards and some good boss fights :)

First quest in the series is 'Undead Ambush'

Series overview- High activity in the long forgotten Volcano of Chaos has been reported. It has led to more Undead creatures, Strange sightings have been seen causing skeletons to be abnormally aggressive attacking villages and travellers. Could this be a sign of the worst? After thousands of years the undead king has been imprisoned in the volcano of chaos Could he be returning?
Great :) I am waiting for this :)
Thanks, I'm going to be writing the 2nd quest in a few hours gotta do some DIY :(

EDIT: As requested by somebody who I can't say I will try to include some famous characters from films and Books

If you like me to try and attempt to include a character from a film or book or from History then PM me ;)
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

'Gateway of Hell'

Overview- Mt Chaos has seemed to have been erupting too much lately, Strange noises and flashes have been startling the villagers, Strange Magical energy radiates off lava, Loud noises of footsteps can be heard. You should investigate and see what all the commotion is about!

'Hello adventurer, We have heard strange sightings and Noises'
'Some of the villagers are getting scares and intimidated'
'Please investigate what all this strange activity is'
You 'Will do, Thanks for the information'
'Thank you Adventurer'

You arrive at Mt Chaos, You fine a small enterance to the heart of the volcano.
You enter the volcano and find a burning hot fog of ash. The Fog soon clears and you find. Many hordes of Goblins, Skeletons and Trolls. A small horde of skeletons find you, You must kill 10 of them, You manage to sneake past the many hordes but a giant portal stops you dead in your tracks. Could this be where all of these hordes of monsters came from?

You must report back to the villagers to complete your quest,
Quest Difficulty: Very Easy
Requirements to start quest: Level 5
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

'Call of Reinforcements'

Question for admin- Would we be able to have NPC's Follow us in a certain area while on the quest?
Need to know before I write the quest.
napkinator

Post by napkinator »

Light The Mage wrote:'Call of Reinforcements'

Question for admin- Would we be able to have NPC's Follow us in a certain area while on the quest?
The queen quest allowed this in the offline version! Based on this, I believe it would be possible!

---

By the way, I enjoy your quest ideas and writing style! Keep up the good work and thanks for adding awesome to this forum :)
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

napkinator wrote:
Light The Mage wrote:'Call of Reinforcements'

The queen quest allowed this in the offline version! Based on this, I believe it would be possible!

---

By the way, I enjoy your quest ideas and writing style! Keep up the good work and thanks for adding awesome to this forum :)
Thanks, I'm thinking the characters would only appear in that certain map where the quest is based.
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

'Call of Reinforcements'

Overview- With the many armies entering our relame from the underworld you must prepare defence and counter strike before its too late! Call the Most brave and feared heroes from our forgotten Relame to aid you in your quest to send the Undead back to the Underworld!

'Adventrer I see you have returned, What did you find out up in Mt. Chaos'
You 'Well, Err. You see they are many hordes of undead pouring out of some strange portal.'
'Portal, What Portal?'
You ' They was a big Red portal, Etched with many symbols and Ancient writing, It looked centuries old'
'Wait... No, It can't me real I thought it was just a myth. A great evil is awakening!'
You 'Why what's so bad about the portal'
' Its the portal of the underworld, An invasion is coming the Undead King will awaken, You must stop them!'
'Go to the King and warn him please before it is too late'

After the little conversation you must go to the king un the walled city for more information.

Conversation with King-
'You there, Fetch me some Grapes'
You'Sorry Sir I'm only visiting I'm looking for the king'
' Yes that's me what do you want'
You 'Well the overseer of Kedington village told me to give you this note'
*Passes note*
'WHAT it can't be, We must warn everyone sound the bells!'
'Adventurer you must seek the Guardians of our Land and destroy the Portal!'
' You must Seek out Gandalf the Master of Magic, King Arthur of Camelot,Panda The fearless Dwarf and Robin hood!

Gandalf- Wizards tower
Panda- Orc Mine
King Arthur- Camelot castle
Robing Hood- Archers training Camp

Gandalf-
'Hello student what bring you to my office'
You 'Are you Gandalf the Great master of Magic the most wise person to ever live?'
'Why yes I am how can I help you?'
You 'Take this note'
*Passes Note*
'I see I will meet you at MT Chaos to fight by your side!'

Panda-
'Take that you blasted Orcs! Who are you? What do you want?'
You' Take this note'
* Passes Note*
'Fine these Orcs are too easy anyway meet you there ...'
You Right

King Arthur-
'Hello there Noble Knight of Camelot can I help you?'
You 'Yes take this note'
*Passes Note*
'I'll be there may Excalibur bless us all'

Robin Hood-
'Howdy, Could you pass me those arrows?'
You 'Sure, Aslong as you read this note'
'Robin Hood at your service!'

With your newly recruited go to Mt Chaos and meet them there, They will fight by your side to destroy the portal!

Portal Stats
10K HP

Will Occassionally Summon 3 Random Monsters Either Skeletons, Orcs, Devils, Bats, Zombies and Red Dragons)

When the portal is destroyed go back to the King as the heroes return home ...
King 'Great news, That should have hit them hard, However I still don't think its over! I am proud to make you a Guardian of our Relame!'

Rewards-
'Guardan Title'. Goes infront of your name in the colour Orange cna turn off in Backpack
500 gold

Required Quests to start- 'Undead Ambush', 'Gateway of hell'
Required Level- 7
Quest Difficulty Easy
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

nice!
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

' Tale of a king'

Overview- With portal in Mt Chaos destroyed. All of the armies had fled into the mountains. Everything was more peacefull and living in perfect harmony. However would this peace be short lived? Was this just a sign of something much worse?

A strange old collector of Artifacts approaches you ;
Him: 'He's Coming, He's coming to devour our land!'
You: 'Please stop fooling around, They is no more trouble.'
Him: 'You'll see, He's coming the Lord of the Dead, Spreading his chaos upon our land!'
You: 'Wait do you mean?'
Him: 'It is your destiny Destroy the King, You are the chosen one with the cleanest soul!'
*The Artifact Collector disappears*

As he disappears you start to worry about this 'Undead King'.

You come to the decision that you better investigate who he is so head to the Library.

Search the Bookshelves until you find 'Book of Chaos'. It is in some old ancient language, Bring it to the Librarian to be translated.

You: 'Hello could you translate this book for me?'
Him: 'Sure what book is it?'
You: 'Ok, Its called The book of Chaos'
Him: 'Where did you get that book?! Nobody should touch it!'
You: 'But, It was in the shelf'
Him: 'Give it to me!'

*You give the Librarian the Book*

You overhear him reading the book, 'The Undead King once Ruled our Lands. He was one day ambushed and killed. He rose from the dead leading mass undead armies to crush the souls of those that had betrayed him and claim his land back. He was defeated by an adventurer and his Divine army. The King now rests in a Tomb Guarded by the most powerful guradian.'
Overhearing the Librarian you decide to head to the pyramid where the Kings tomb is located.

You go to the pyramid where the kings tomb is located. Once at the Tomb you will see a very big coffin, Search it. As you search the coffin a Dark Mage Spawns (Same stats as in Napkinators Table). When you kill him you realize it was the librarian. He drops an 'Ancient Tablet'.

Search the coffin again. It is empty, meaning the King has already woken and left.

Read the tablet: 'To defeat the Undead king you will need the equipment of the adventurer who defeated him.'
After reading the Tablet quest completed.

Requirement to start the quest - Level 11
Quests Required to start- Undead Quests 1,2,3
Quest Difficulty- Easy

Rewards-
5000 Xp

Quests above this will be aimed at levels 15+ The last two quests will be aimed at levels 40-50

The next few quests will be spent gathering this 'Ancient Equipment' For eventually fighting the Undead King!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fixed typoes, grammar and punctuation errors.