ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

Post by Leone »

@anthony

It would be fantastic if something like your idea could be implemented; particularly to try and stop players who spam the chat log with the same message.

Unfortunately, there are always ways around this for those who wish to behave in an annoying manner. Here's an example:

Hello
HELLO
hello
hell0
H3llo
Hello!

...and so on. Essentially, I'm repeating the same message but just changing a couple of characters each time.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Leone wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm @anthony

It would be fantastic if something like your idea could be implemented; particularly to try and stop players who spam the chat log with the same message.

Unfortunately, there are always ways around this for those who wish to behave in an annoying manner. Here's an example:

Hello
HELLO
hello
hell0
H3llo
Hello!

...and so on. Essentially, I'm repeating the same message but just changing a couple of characters each time.
Yes its true, but currently people do simple copy paste, is the minimum we would not want to see.
After it will already be longer and more annoying to spam, they get bored quickly.
Likes thick cats

Main account : Ticoq
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

Was thinking of account shared bank space, though it dawned on me as i started typing that all accounts are for a single character...

Any chance that it would be possible to link the bank store(if one wanted to) of all accounts linked to the same email address? Or even add a special type of bank storage for that purpose for real $$? Im sure there will be plenty people willing to spend for it for some peace of mind when trying to move items between alts safely.
If you think of the best, things can only get worse.
If you think of the worst, things can only get better.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

BroodingSnow wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 pm Was thinking of account shared bank space, though it dawned on me as i started typing that all accounts are for a single character...

Any chance that it would be possible to link the bank store(if one wanted to) of all accounts linked to the same email address? Or even add a special type of bank storage for that purpose for real $$? Im sure there will be plenty people willing to spend for it for some peace of mind when trying to move items between alts safely.
Kinda like what "clan members" have. But the your idea is a good one I like it, good for people that don't have a second device.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 pm
BroodingSnow wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 pm Was thinking of account shared bank space, though it dawned on me as i started typing that all accounts are for a single character...

Kinda like what "clan members" have. But the your idea is a good one I like it, good for people that don't have a second device.
I like the idea as well. I know that MadMikael made a post not that long ago with some ideas about this and others along these lines were put out as well.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

As suggested by Warbringer i believe in the mchat a day or so ago, an unstuck/suicide button that sends you back to 0,0. It mostly got bad responses about players taking advantage with free teleports, however can be altered somewhat to make that less appealing to do.

As its unlikely that we're going to get stuck all that often, give it the same exp loss as actually dying. Sure your stuck and losing exp on top is just nit going to feel good, but atleast you'll get out.

Speaking from experience, im stuck right now in a bookcase in ardesia, have been for a few hours and dont expect a response from GMs anytime soon. It feels awful not being able to play when i want to, id happily lose my exp. - to be clear, im not complaining about the GMs, i know its a process i need to be patient with.

Edit - Akkilles has come to my rescue already, but the suggestion stands.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ BroodingSnow

Wonder if the "game" can check if you are "stuck" before any action?
If so maybe it can be programmed for that; then tapping simply "unsticks" you and you carry on.

But a "Suicide Button" - I don't like, unless: user loses: 50% of EXP, STR and DEX!
If suicide is being used as a fast track to Map 0.0, make it COSTLY!

There are a LOT of people that simply create spawns and stand there until they are dead to get to Map 0.0

I had one guy, Silverwood Mith Mine; "Kill me I need to get to Map 0.0"

Me: "OK, you're dead, now, walk to map 0.0" He "LOL'ed" and walked out of the milth room, created a spawn - and died.
I am always AFK!
BroodingSnow

Post by BroodingSnow »

Believe its 10% of current exp lost when you die normally, any higher for a suicide button and ppl will do as you said, swarm suicide. I personally would prefer an unstuck. Suppose a cooldown on it would work too so theres no spam porting for those with no exp to lose.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

BroodingSnow wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:07 pm Believe its 10% of current exp lost when you die normally, any higher for a suicide button and ppl will do as you said, swarm suicide. I personally would prefer an unstuck. Suppose a cooldown on it would work too so theres no spam porting for those with no exp to lose.
↑ that I can support fully! :D
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Or perhaps a mechanism where you can't get stuck?

Or if you do whilst the bug gets fixed, ask a mate to kill you to send you back to spawn.

I'm not in favour of suicide option. It's absolutely too open to abuse in pvp.