ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Wizi IV

A little advanced quest

Post by Wizi IV »

Hi.

How about a little more time consuming quest?

I came up with an idea, to create more complicated quest! Here it comes:

You meet (in a village, or wherever) mother of little girl. You talk to her:

Mother: Greeting brave adventurer!
Player: Hi. Why are you crying?
M: My little daughter, Anna, got lost! What a disaster...
P: Can I help you looking for her?
M: Oooh, I cannot offer you anything in return, but that would be great!
P: Well then, I'll do my best to find her.
M: Thank you.

Then player finds monsters(depending on intended difficulty), that drop quest items:
1. The key (often/quick)
2. Anna's Toy Bear (frequency like mummys 100hp pots for example / or just seldom)

The key is for the door (like bandit tower for example) somewhere far away. When entered, you can place a boss monster there. After killing the boss, you come up to little girl standing in the room and talk:

Solution A:
If the player has Anna's Toy Bear, girl says:

Girl: You saved me! Oh, thank you! Thank you! And you have my bear! I'm gonna run straigh to my mom's!

Player gets exp X (for saving girl) + exp Y (for calming her down with a toy)

Solution B:
If the player hasn't got Anna's Toy Bear, girl says:

Girl: You saved me! Oh, thank you! Thank you! (Girl burst into tears and runs away)
Player gets exp X (for saving girl) ONLY!

When player gets back to girl's mother:

Mother: You are a real hero adventurer. I will tell everybody of your kindness. I don't know how to thank you, I've only found this in my attic, please take this old .
Player: That was an honour to me. Please watch out for Anna. Bye...

Mother drops an item. But in the neighbourhood player can find Anna:

Solution A:
If the player had had Anna's toy with him, Anna drops another item (potion 300hp?, or whatever)

Solution B:
If the player hadn't had Anna's toy with him, Anna drops her bear (as an useless item now) and starts crying.
Wizi IV

Greedy Mage

Post by Wizi IV »

...and something easier:

Player meets a Greedy Mage.

Mage: Ha ha ha, what you want tiny bug?
Player: Please, I want to be stronger, can you make it happen?
Mage: I can do anything! Bring me 300K, meanwhile I'll think of that...

When player brings 300K

Mage: At last! It took ages, did you hire as a peasant? Ha ha ha...
Player: I'm sorry your Almightness. Can we start?

Mage: Done. Now get away, you disturb very important procedure here...

Player gets +2 Str (permanently)
Gold mage

Re: Create a Quest

Post by Gold mage »

Wizi IV wrote:...and something easier:

Player meets a Greedy Mage.

Mage: Ha ha ha, what you want tiny bug?
Player: Please, I want to be stronger, can you make it happen?
Mage: I can do anything! Bring me 300K, meanwhile I'll think of that...

When player brings 300K

Mage: At last! It took ages, did you hire as a peasant? Ha ha ha...
Player: I'm sorry your Almightness. Can we start?

Mage: Done. Now get away, you disturb very important procedure here...

Player gets +2 Str (permanently)
This could also be made into 3 similar quests concerning mana, dex, and armour as well
retired Game Admin In clan LAW
retired Forum moderator

Useful links:
- General game help, including a giant map and more.
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
Wizi IV

If I were a rich man...

Post by Wizi IV »

There is one more suggestion. Actually there isn't much to do with money. When you grow up a little, you get richer (buy Vital Bracelet) and richer and richer (wish it was so in real life ;)) Personally I've collected >200K and started giving poor, or buying whatever. I think it would be good, to develop some ways of reasonable spending money. Here are some ideas:
- potions of mana/str/arm/des - temporary effect (50 weapon hits, 30sec) - price: 1000
- somebody engraves the given name on your weapon ("Last Wish" instead of Great Sword, however don't know if that would be a coding problem) - price: 50 000
- put in shops more expensive/powerful items
- create a bandit that plays a game (playing dice, cards, or other random game) for money, where you can bet and win or loose
- create a temple, where if you make a donation, you'll get experience (certainly proportional to donation) after meditation
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Thanks for your suggestions I will try to add them to the game soon :)

Now I am working on the new quest. Could someone fix spelling and grammar (or rewrite it completely)
We met monk on the road.

Hey traveller, Could you help me?
I am gathering important books for our monastery library. I was travelling for many months. I am very exhausted.
I missing only 3 books to complete my task: Darkness of Fall, Hour of Wolf, Rose in the Shadow
If you could help me I will give you precious gift.

You have all 3 books. That is great I can finally go back to my monastery.
My exile is end. Take this item as reward.
Kishar Ninkasi

Post by Kishar Ninkasi »

compbatant [Game Creator] wrote:Thanks for your suggestions I will try to add them to the game soon :)

Now I am working on the new quest. Could someone fix spelling and grammar (or rewrite it completely)
We met monk on the road.

Hey traveller, Could you help me?
I am gathering important books for our monastery library. I was travelling for many months. I am very exhausted.
I missing only 3 books to complete my task: Darkness of Fall, Hour of Wolf, Rose in the Shadow
If you could help me I will give you precious gift.

You have all 3 books. That is great I can finally go back to my monastery.
My exile is end. Take this item as reward.
Here you go, with grammar fixes. :)

Hey traveler. Could you help me?
I am gathering important books for our monastery library. I have been traveling for many months and I'm very exhausted.
There are only 3 books missing to complete my task: Darkness of Fall, Hour of the Wolf, and Rose in the Shadow. If you could help me, I will give you a precious gift.

You have all 3 books. Great! I can finally go back to my monastery.
My exile has ended. Take this item as reward.

*NOTE: Technically book titles are italicized, but in the game you may want to bold them instead so they stand out a little. :)

Cheers!
In-game Names: Blakewood (Archer) | Ninkasi (Wizard)
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

I have an idea...Maybe a really difficult quest later with a castle and you have to kill everything (once) in the castle, which later becomes your (the players) new castle...once it your castle your friends may go in and hang out, if allowed, Things in castle can help buffer your character and also hold this bank thing people want? Hire some guards...Prices of guards and the more guards the less likely your stuff can be plundered by other players. Possibly have a defense army and offense army? Buy mercenaries?
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

I think this goes against the traditional RPG type game, but defending a castle could be interesting. What if a strong character comes through and wipes you out? Should you sustain some type of penalty?
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Ditto3000e

Post by Ditto3000e »

DaHobbit wrote:I think this goes against the traditional RPG type game, but defending a castle could be interesting. What if a strong character comes through and wipes you out? Should you sustain some type of penalty?
It's whatever Creator wants...I'm just giving some insight on a possible new idea emerging.
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

A bit of running around.

I've been thinking we should use the civilizations in the deserts up north. Maybe find the king from the King's Summer Cottage upset that he requested a trade caravan from the Walled City, which was to carry very expensive personal possessions. Because the caravan has not arrived, he requests you to go to the walled city to investigate. Upon arrival in the walled city (actually have to go in), you find a merchant who is frantic upon hearing the news that the king's possessions had not arrived at the cottage. The merchant suspects that his trade caravan was waylaid by the Sheikahs from the Sheikah's oasis since he saw some of them just north of the walled city. The merchant requests that you to to the oasis to recover the king's possessions.

Create a cave at the oasis so that the player can go to the oasis to make contact with a NPC, but avoid the attacks of the sheikahs running around the village area. In going down into the cave (or one of the buildings) and find the Sheikah leader. He defiantly admits to intercepting the caravan. He explains that he learned that an artifact that had been stolen from the Sheikah's temple was in the possession of the merchant in the walled city. The Sheikah leader traveled to the walled city to retrieve the artifact. Once the leader arrived, the merchant had already sold the artifact. The leader stormed out, but later noticed a packed caravan leaving the merchant's store. Wanting revenge, the leader captured the caravan just north of the walled city.

The leader agrees to release the caravan once the artifact is returned. You agree to help. You must travel to the walled city and speak with the merchant to find out to whom he sold the artifiact. The merchant admitted to selling the artifact to a princess from the Amazon Village.

The player then goes to the Amazon Village and enters one of the huts (again to make contact with a NPC without the constant attack of the amazons). The Amazon princess agrees to sell the artifact to you. You purchase the artifact, and return it to the Sheikah. The Sheikah leader releases the caravan to you. You return the caravan to the King. He is pleased and rewards you.

This is the outline of the quest. Should it be accepted, we can work on the actual script.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)