ALL CURRENT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

rpgkermit

Re: Create a Quest

Post by rpgkermit »

MAybe this should be in a different section, but here was my thought. Giving a specific quest to each of the different classes, and within the challange the person must obtain the help of both a like leveled friendly of both of the other two classes. So for instance within 5 level. The person then has to with those two people accomplish the goal of the quest, but when doing, those who have not completed the quest would received a class specific armor/weapon/accessory. I know this can be very complitcated to add, so I don't expect a lot quickly. But will be awesome to have.
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

Well I have been abscent for a couple of weeks due to Real life reasons but here we go .....

'Elemental Orbs'

Overview- Whilst travelling through treachorous swamps you come across a a strange spirit glowing that seems to be lost as if he had been travelling for years trying to complete his given deeds to be sent to heaven. He tells you of his dark past serving under the king of elements, The king of elements owned 4 elemental orbs that were stolen from him. The spirit claims to be the Guardian of the Orbs that had been taken from his grasp. Upon losing the orbs he had been cursed until he finds them again as his spirit roams our realm seeking an adventurer to help him out!

Quest start- Some swampy terrain, Perhaps Amazon? Speak to 'Wondering Spirit'

Spirit_ 'Help me please, I have been wandering this world for hundreds of years. Trapped with no escape!'

You_ 'What do you want I'm willing to help for a reward.'

Spirit-' I was once a Guardian of the powerfull elemental orbs Air,Fire,Earth and Water. However whilst I was on duty the orbs were stolen and I was blamed, I was banished and cursed by our leader'

Spirit_'I now walk this realm searching for an adventurer to aid me in my quest to prove my innocence, Could you help me?'

You_'Sure I'm always looking to help a lost soul, Where can I find these orbs?'

Spirit_'The orbs are in deep elemental caverns and caves that prevent me from entering. They are protected by the elemental dragon of the orb!'

Objective- Slay the elemental dragons, Retrieve the orbs and bring them to the spirit
MUST BE DONE IN THIS ORDER

Air
Earth
Water
Fire
Or whatever creator feels ;)

Rules for fighting the dragons- No potions
Unable to run away or escape
Mods can't teleport while in combat with the dragon

Air- Some sort of mountain or something?
You find a Statue or an air orb interact with it and a Air dragon spawns
Kill it to get the orb

Stats- 1000 Hp
50 damage
50 Dex
Earth-An underground cave
Statue/Picture of Earth orb Same as above

Stats- 2000 Hp
100 damage
100 dex
Kill it get earth orb

Water- Some under water cavern or island
Statue/picture of orb, Kil dragon to get the orb

Stats- 4000 Hp
200 damage
200 dex
Kill it to get water orb

Fire Dragon- Volcano with those lave trolls some cavern enterance
Statue/orb kill it to get the fire orb
Stats- 8000 Hp
400 Damage
400 Dex
Kill it to get fire orb

Rewards-
Elemental gloves- Level 16
5 mana
5 strength
5 Dexterity

If possible Dragon pets/followers

After completeting the quest access to buy a Dragon follower/pet

They are expensive because with the new loots its easy to make money
They wll be able to aid you in combat and will not be able to be attacked

Air- 1M 100 damage
Earth- 2M 200 damage
Water 4M 400 damage
Fire 8M 800 damage
Last edited by Light The Mage on Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Milenko

Post by Great Milenko »

The Shopkeeper

Dialogue:
SHOPKEEPER: My inventory is running low can you help me by collecting items I can sell.
YOU: Will the be a reward?
SHOPKEEPER: Yes you shall be greatly rewarded! Here is a list of what i need and where you can get them.

The objective is to kill monsters until you get a "special" item (for example you kill a wolf until one stops a "special wolf's fang".
There's three different times you can do the quest. You can have easy ( Where you kill wolves, bandits orcs, etc.), medium ( Dragons, black knights, etc), and hard.

REWARDS
Easy- Free admittance to walled cities
MEDIUM- 2 extra inventory slots
HARD- An extra point when leveling up (when leveling you get 3 points instead of 2 to level up strength, armor, or dexterity )

QUEST LOG
I must collect the items on The Shopkeeper's list
Light The Mage

Post by Light The Mage »

Regarding my post on the 'Elemental orb' Quest dragon orb quest I will give more detail and more depth of what I mean. If this is even possible to code now even in the near future I would love it. Anyways back to the topic.

The dragons would be able to aid you in combat and follow you around. You could toggle whether you want the dragon following you or not via inventory. Players would be able to walk through dragons so it prevents them from blocking roads.They will only participate in Pvp if you are attacked. The dragons themselves can't be attacked and dexterity does not affect them.

Pros
-------
High prices keeps players occupied and gives them a goal
Could increase game popularity
Brings more adventure and fun
A symbol of achievement and wealth

Cons
-----
Could greatly increase lag
Could be used to abuse pvp
Jealousy between players
Phaxes

Post by Phaxes »

Not really a quest but using the quest system:

The Herbalist Student:
level: Newbies

Quest starting dialog:
him - Hello sir, my witchcrafts master wants me to mix an Healing potion. But i lack one ingredient.
you - What is it ?
him - A giant wasp sting
you - I will bring you one.

Quest return dialog (with giant wasp sting):
him - Great ! That shoud be enough for two potions... here, one for you.
=> drops one light heal potion
you - That easy, would you like more ?
him - Sure, let me check my books... Mmmm
him - See, I could also use spider eye, lizzard egg or red dragon scale.
you - Well, if I get one of these I will let you know

Then, each time you speak with him:
Each giant wasp string drops one light heal potion
Each spider eye drops one medium heal potion
Each lizzard egg drops one serious heal potion
Each red dragon scale drops one critical heal potion.
Logo man

Post by Logo man »

Woods Havoc

First go to Ashdon village and speak to another dwarf
dwarf "Please, the orcs are winning the battle"
hero "what battle"
dwarf "we are reclaiming the mine please help us :!: "
hero "I will kill 20 orcs if i am rewarded"

reward: 500 gold 1500 exp battle helm and battle axe
Kishar Ninkasi

Post by Kishar Ninkasi »

TEN-STEP QUEST

Introduction: This is aimed at being more of a step-by-step quest that would see players from a lower-level to a higher-level player, using areas of the forum that currently do not see a lot of traffic. The goal is to have a continuing adventure, that starts in the new player maps and spans all the way to the newest content.

Please feel free to offer feedback for improvement on this, alter the XP/prizes where needed, or even root out any spelling mistakes I may have made. This step-by-step quest is dedicated to a dear friend of mine I lost recently.

STEP 1
Quest starts just south of Kedington Village, where a young man is waiting.

NPC: Greetings traveler. My name is Kallay and my family has been protecting the light of the Priestess for many generations, but the spell that protects it has been stolen. Please help me find it before it is too late.
Character: Do you know who stole the spell?
NPC: No, but the red spiders south of here have gotten out of control ever since. Maybe they stole it?
Character: Let me go check it out. If the spiders have it, I’ll return it to you shortly.

—In light of no direction toward the spiders in the MMO, this will help lead players south into this area.

Spiders drop a small piece of parchment, which player promptly returns to NPC.

Gain 10XP

STEP 2
Return document, dropped by spiders, to Kallay NPC.

NPC: Oh dear, this is worse than I thought.
Character: Is everything okay?
NPC: This says that the orcs protecting the west entrance of the mines were seen trying to hide something from the orcs that protect the eastern entrance.
Character: Maybe it’s the protection spell. I’ll go check it out.

—I’ve noticed in playing that users love to farm at the eastern entrance, but the western one is usually pretty barren. This might help even out mob spawns and over-farming.

Orcs drop letter from the lizards of Leftopia, which makes mention that the Vikings have stolen something of great value. (40xp lizards)

Gain 50XP

STEP 3
Letter can not be returned to Kallay, he has disappeared from Kedington. So adventurer must take the letter to the Vikings.

Viking NPC (when monster goes in the red, tries to spare his own life and becomes NPC): Don’t kill me, I’ll give you anything you want.
Character: I need to know about the stolen spell.
Viking NPC: I didn’t steal anything, I swear. There is an oasis in the middle of the forgotten desert. Maybe the Shiekh knows something.

Gain 200XP

STEP 4
Character goes to speak to Shiekh in the oasis.

Shiekh NPC: You are brave, crossing the desert with very little water.
Character: Did you steal the spell from Kallay and his family?
Shiekh NPC: How dare you! You are not welcome in these lands. Be gone!

Character must fight Shiekh. Like the Viking, the Shiekh almost dies, then runs away and character is flooded by his guards. When guards are killed, a weapon/shield/armor is dropped that was created by the wasteland lizards.

Gain 1000XP

STEP 5
Character goes to dinosaur lizards in wasteland.

D-Lizard NPC: You do not belong in these lands.
Character: I’m looking for a stolen spell. Do you know anything about it?
D-Lizard NPC: Ask the Amazons in the east. They are always stealing from us.
Character: I will, thank you.
D-Lizard NPC: If you can get out of here alive.

Character must fight three of the wasteland lizards, who drop the fur coat of a war dog.

Gain 5000XP

STEP 6
Character goes to the Amazons.

Amazon NPC: Can I see your weapons traveler?
Character: Not a chance! Where is the spell that protects the light of the Priestess?
Amazon NPC: Ha ha ha!! You’ll never find it!

Amazon steals the letter and the war-dog coat. Character must fight the Amazons to recover the coat, but the letter is lost.

Gain 20,000XP

STEP 7
Character goes to the war dogs.

War dog NPC: You found our commander. What happened to him?
Character: The lizards of the wastelands had him. I’m so sorry…
War dog NPC: How can I repay you for returning his body to us?
Character: I’m [We’re (RPG)] looking for a spell that was stolen.
War dog NPC: There is a forest to the north, surrounded by a river, with only one way in. We believe the dark mages have stolen the spell.

—Here, it would be cool if (in the MMO), characters could have a war-dog tagging along with them to battle the dark mage, then return to his village. Some characters could be seen with the dogs, and others without. Thoughts on this? If not, then just the character goes.

Gain 45,000XP

STEP 8
Character goes to battle dark mages near the far east pyramid.

Mage NPC: You came for the spell didn’t you?
Character: Where is it?
Mage NPC: Ha ha ha… you’ll never find it!

Mage drops spell.

STEP 9
Character returns spell to Kallay in Kedington Village.

Kallay NPC: Oh thank you! Thank you!
Character: I’m just happy to know the light of the Priestess is safe once more.
Kallay NPC: I have a cousin who lives in the libraries of the north. Take this scroll to him so he will know what you have done. He will know what to do.

Kallay hands over scroll.

Gain 75,000XP

STEP 10
Character takes scroll to libraries in the north east corner.

Cousin NPC: Can I help you find a book?
Character: Your cousin Kallay asked me to give you this.
Cousin NPC: *gasp* You have done a great service indeed! Please take this gift as payment for all you have done.

Character receives regeneration bracelet, 50K gold, and 2 points to spend on STR/ARM/DEX.
In-game Names: Blakewood (Archer) | Ninkasi (Wizard)
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Ancient Dragon A man in Lord's Silverwood says, "You've made quite a name for yourself, [Hero's name] I'll give an extremely valuable reward to you for each of the five ancient dragons you slay."
Rewards
I. Dragon Scale Sword
II. Dragon Scale Staff
III. Dragon Scale Axe
IV. Dragon Scale Long Bow
V. Dragon Scale Shield

Siege Engines For White Knights The same knight that sends you after the black knights' siege engines says, "You handled the job well, come to thinking the black knights will likely make more engines. We would like some; will you gather our materials?" Materials: Wood from forrester, metal from blacksmith, and rope from weaver(New character).
Reward
I. White Knight Armor
Phaxes

Post by Phaxes »

I just had an idea about free quests...

What about high level players giving quest to newbies begging for money or whatever ?
Instead of just handing over the cash, have the newbye do something for you ! ;)

For exemple:
Newbye : hey Phaxes give me money !
Me : Sure. Bring me a 20MANA potion and i'll buy it from you for twice its price.

2nd exemple:
Newbye : heh Phaxes i want to be your friend !
Me : Why not. Go sell this bow I give you and bring me back 4 MANA potions.
If the guy can be trusted then add it to friends list...

That would give interesting things to come up with for high levels.
And that would put some meaning in helping or becoming friends.
Psyko

idea pvp

Post by Psyko »

I can not create sorry to post here but I write are not the Is choice.It possible to have a time of 5 seconds before disconnecting? Because there is too much cheating :( not fight properly ..