Clarify the vision of new players

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Anthony

Clarify the vision of new players

Post by Anthony »

Helloo :D

I was thinking of a new way and new place to respawn in the game.

I would like to propose you this idea, this new change could lighten the vision of new players and high level players and I propose it because the community getting bigger and bigger, we starting to get confused at the first map.

As the first spawn can be scary for the new players and with the problem of chat spammers and random trades, we can add more different places to spawn.
We suppose that when the quest "Get the memory back" is complete, we can change the spawn of players (more than level... 300) :

• A spawn in the city closest to where we died.
  • Or put 1 spawn in the West part (the West part of course remains at the map 0. 0) and another in the East part (A new map maybe).
  • Add a knight to the first map to avoid the massive spawn of enemy. (only if we got different spawn)

This can be cool because when I started the game the first time I did not understand the controls, with the message appearances of the other players, the players who mixed with the npc, or the animals that automatically kill the wolves for me.
With this change, maybe it will encourage high level players to go for a ride on the first map and help new players to explore new places !

I hope the details pleases you :D
Last edited by Anthony on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Likes thick cats

Main account : Ticoq
Grahf

Re: Clarify the vision of new players

Post by Grahf »

This would be a good idea since start map is the map that usually has heavy traffic and a lot of things going on. I like your idea of a new map this new map could be a tutorial map where only the new players (level 0) spawn and they're could be the npc's for them to talk to to teach them about how to play the game (fish, chop, craft and build maybe?) and once they're confident and understand how to play they can leave the island via portal, boatman etc but once you leave the island you cannot return there and once you do leave the island you end up on map 0,0 as you do now but now you have an understanding of the game.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Grahf wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:23 pm This would be a good idea since start map is the map that usually has heavy traffic and a lot of things going on. I like your idea of a new map this new map could be a tutorial map where only the new players (level 0) spawn and they're could be the npc's for them to talk to to teach them about how to play the game (fish, chop, craft and build maybe?) and once they're confident and understand how to play they can leave the island via portal, boatman etc but once you leave the island you cannot return there and once you do leave the island you end up on map 0,0 as you do now but now you have an understanding of the game.
Yes exactly ! but we dont need to change the map 0 .0 starting, we have quest who based on this map and that can be a problematic thing to change it... :D
Likes thick cats

Leone

Post by Leone »

I think this idea has some potential. It would solve the issue of higher level players parking their pets to kill wolves at map 0, 0 for one (see other thread for details).
I've a couple of points to make:

1. A big reason players fish/trade/congregate at 0, 0 is that pvp is disabled. Any spawn map for higher levels players would also need to be pvp disabled. Could this be an existing map? Doubt it. Then new map it is? when?

I think I prefer the other idea mentioned: island at 0,0 for new starters to become familiar with the game. Much of the west/ north western part of 0, 0 is used anyway.

2 just because players are at single figures levels, it doesn't necessarily mean they are new players. They could well be alts. In other words, your idea would not totally resolve issues such as spam selling.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 pm 2 just because players are at single figures levels, it doesn't necessarily mean they are new players. They could well be alts. In other words, your idea would not totally resolve issues such as spam selling.
Yea, this too. a LOT of low level beggars are alts of higher level unscrupulous players looking for suckers to hand over their hard earned gold.

re pets in that area, well I was shot down a couple of times, I guess those red dinos and worms just need to level up on those wolves(1) and to heck with the newbie(0) that needs them to level up and actually start the game.

Or the new "tough guys" in the game that just reached level 40 and have a troll and war dog.
gamer(40) wrote:"I'll show those wolves!"
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes tradding spam is a problem this can be adjust easy I think, or maybe GM's already working on it (trade abuse bug should be adjust for the next update), and we can change the place of the river if its a problem.

If the spawn is only "players at single figures levels" they dont need high lvls stuff, Its rare to see somebody selling low lvl gears, low levels players dont need that.
On the other hand people sell rare drop, maybe at the high lvl starting map they gonna had a shop with rare gears and no river so ppl cant stay without moving to not disconect. :(

For the pvp yes of course we need a new starting map without pvp.
Likes thick cats

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

While we're at it, how about a new maze dungeon for outlaws to respawn in? Make being an outlaw obnoxious enough to discourage players from such. Could be one or many levels to the dungeon, and once they get through that, they come out at the castle on current outlaw respawn map. Massive spawns of 0 attack monsters, just to harass and slow the outlaws from getting out, could block the way, with a certain number of kills needed to get the gatekeeper to release them. Perhaps make the number of kills relative to the outlaw's level...
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:37 am While we're at it, how about a new maze dungeon for outlaws to respawn in? Make being an outlaw obnoxious enough to discourage players from such. Could be one or many levels to the dungeon, and once they get through that, they come out at the castle on current outlaw respawn map. Massive spawns of 0 attack monsters, just to harass and slow the outlaws from getting out, could block the way, with a certain number of kills needed to get the gatekeeper to release them. Perhaps make the number of kills relative to the outlaw's level...
+1¹⁰⁰⁰ ← outlaw :mrgreen:
I was always AFK!
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Yes a tough respawn for an outlaw would be nice. High level outlaws really don't have a disadvantage when they become outlaw. Once you're past a certain level it doesn't make it a disadvantage or an inconvenience to be an outlaw
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cleopatra wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:25 am Yes a tough respawn for an outlaw would be nice. High level outlaws really don't have a disadvantage when they become outlaw. Once you're past a certain level it doesn't make it a disadvantage or an inconvenience to be an outlaw
But having to spend maybe two or three days trying to get out would be a neat deterrent.

Maybe 25-50 "slightly" different maps so it would be hard to memorize.

EDIT: A programmers nightmare... "moveable walls"
I was always AFK!