New rebirth spot

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

New rebirth spot

Post by hungry_wolf »

See that this game is full of % and casualties, i tought why not have a second spot to rebirth when die? Begin of game always at start map, rebirth.. In a casual spot between 2 choices. Can add a bit of thrill and also could finally give a end to bad habit of clanned players to consume other clan missiles to suicide to go at start, that is a awful habit many have...
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LostKnight

Re: New rebirth spot

Post by LostKnight »

Love the idea but how to implement?

A guys fights for a little while then stops, technically he did fight back, and yes still suicide, but how does the game know?

Clan members dieing in a clan war, or a 1-on-1 pvp, would be different.

But "any" player dieing, for what ever reason could respawn at randomly selected maps "according" and befitting the "level" the player has.

for example
<= 10 - always at Map 0.0
> 10 <= 25 - a few randomly selected maps for this range - close to Map 0.0
> 25 <= 100 - a few randomly selected maps for this range - farther away from Map 0.0
> 100 - a few randomly selected maps for this range - very far from Map 0.0 and possibly the same map you died on!

clan members get tougher maps.
outlaws ... even tougher maps.

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

To prevent players from "camping" at spawn points and waiting for a weakened player to show up the new spots could just be within some cities. As PvP isn't allowed within range of quest npcs (as I understand it) it could be that a "quest" npc is added to each new spawn point too. Still, there would be some players who drag swarms around those spawn points because some people are just idiots...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You rebirth at the same map because its linked to the principal quest, so you cant rebirth another place without finished this quest... :)
Likes thick cats

Main account : Ticoq
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

What i mean is : 2 spots for rebirth, when a player dies, no matter where or why, clanned or not, war or suicide or killed by mobs, an algorithm using a random number decide which spot rebirth. Random numbers are already used for drop % and craft %, i remember there is a not well specificated 'dice roll' that can affect the result. Or another case the underground teleport spot that could send in different places. So nothing really new
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Leone

Post by Leone »

I like that random respawn idea but only for outlaws. They respawn at a random, and occasionally very dangerous, spot. It's another deterrent.

I'm not sure of the benefit to us regular players though. Spawn is spawn.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19 pm I like that random respawn idea but only for outlaws. They respawn at a random, and occasionally very dangerous, spot. It's another deterrent.

From the OP, it seems to me that it's to help stop the "suicide" and free ticket to map 0.0 idea.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Leone wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19 pm I like that random respawn idea but only for outlaws. They respawn at a random, and occasionally very dangerous, spot. It's another deterrent.

From the OP, it seems to me that it's to help stop the "suicide" and free ticket to map 0.0 idea.
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: sucide is the fastest, bestest way to get around.

My idea is when we die we have a chance to drop an item and it actually stays where you died unless someone picks it up.
Black named in game

Matthias - Archer (340)
Kenneth - Mage (110)
Elnathan - Ogre
Timothy - Dwarf

Known languages: English, C++, Java, XML, Python, C#, JS, PHP, Swift, HTML, CSS, Ruby, Kotlin, C, SQL, AJAX, JSON, ASP.