Open a personal shop

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

Open a personal shop

Post by hungry_wolf »

Today i was talking to some friends about items, prices, scammers (grr) and so on.
I tought : why not be a regular merchant of items?
Brainstorm : shop could be a new kind of house, buyable.
In this way any player can click, see the items and price, buy. No risk of scamming, all transparent, free pricing, is also possible check which is more convenient. Won t change usual way to excange, but gives opportunities to people to have another way to play FT
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LostKnight

Re: Open a personal shop

Post by LostKnight »

hungry_wolf wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm Today i was talking to some friends about items, prices, scammers (grr) and so on.
I tought : why not be a regular merchant of items?
Brainstorm : shop could be a new kind of house, buyable.
In this way any player can click, see the items and price, buy. No risk of scamming, all transparent, free pricing, is also possible check which is more convenient. Won t change usual way to excange, but gives opportunities to people to have another way to play FT
Interesting Idea. I like it.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I like this idea.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Awesome idea :lol:
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

This sounds good to me.

Really, there have been a few options floated to open up how players can sell items to other characters, and I'm in favor of that as a general concept. You can try to post something on the forum, but not everyone uses the forum (unfortunately), and even if you do connect with someone you could be looking at arranging a time to meet when the two parties are a dozen time zones apart and never play at the same time.

This would be a unique option as a player, that is definitely true. (Reminds me of a Dragon Warrior IV segment too!) Perhaps the player could do some quests or similar things to find npcs to run the shop in his/her absence? Probably pay wages of some sort to keep the shop open while the player is out?)

This could even be a different type of "expansion" for a house? It'd have to be bought in a similar way then.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

cool idea !
I sometimes full of items and i present to other players ! soetimes for free !

greetings...sk
DUKE of SK-Clan
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm This could even be a different type of "expansion" for a house? It'd have to be bought in a similar way then.
Click a house, and if they have something for sale, a button pops up (opens a basic shop interface) to items placed in it by owner (using a single user equivalent of current trade interface) for "first come-first served" selling of items? Nice idea. The interfaces already exist, so all comp would have to code is the mechanics themselves.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The fact that players would have to have a house and purchase an expansion (that could not be used for regular house storage) would also cut down on potential abuse.

I'm not sure if it's entirely within the spirit of the OP though... Sorry! :)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

my main purposes are in fact 2 :

- give some new content to evolve FT , some like grinding and leveling, some war and pvp, some mine and craft , some build , some like to experiment; this could be a new interesting
way to play game
- this way scam would become really difficult , items that are hard to find without a wide net of friends and sometimes overpriced in a sort of undeground marked would be available
to everybody.having opportunity to obtain them honestly and paying a reasonable price may help not be bribed to break rules

last but not least, reducing this issues also compbatant and staff could have more time to think at improvements (and, why not , if this add-on will be available buying like house , skins
pets and so on, would be another way to support game and creator, so in my opinion everybody get a benefit from an update like this)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Leone

Post by Leone »

My 1st thought: this only benefits players who open houses.

My 2nd thought about 5 seconds later: No, this is there to compliment the existing system of buying and selling.

Overall then: I like it! In the past, we've discussed similar ideas including auctions. Perhaps this current idea is the
one.