Open a personal shop

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

Re: Open a personal shop

Post by hungry_wolf »

Leone wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 pm My 1st thought: this only benefits players who open houses.

My 2nd thought about 5 seconds later: No, this is there to compliment the existing system of buying and selling.

Overall then: I like it! In the past, we've discussed similar ideas including auctions. Perhaps this current idea is the
one.
i m happy u got my point : the best way to prevent crime, is implement a legal system ;)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

After reading comments, and specifically the suggestion of making this an extension of a house, I'd like to play devil's advocate:

Some houses are in secluded (long walk required) or locked (dungeon) areas, while others are in heavily dense locales - would PvP protection circle get extended? Would a limit exist for number of players that can access at one time?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Humble_M wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:54 pm After reading comments, and specifically the suggestion of making this an extension of a house, I'd like to play devil's advocate:

Some houses are in secluded (long walk required) or locked (dungeon) areas, while others are in heavily dense locales - would PvP protection circle get extended? Would a limit exist for number of players that can access at one time?
i feel 'creative' today and i want answer u fast :
some shops are already in places a bit risky, an example the kromelg shop where if somebody run bringing a spawn of lightning blitzbees ... u know the result
anyway : pvp is not possible NEAR shops but doesn t prevent from attacks just a step out that area, unless u stay parked nearby all the time ..
if my shop is hard to reach, maybe i can go sell around using normal system or i become a good merchant that sell for a better price or makes possible find rare items so i give people a
good reason to take the walk; in any case, like in real life, creativity, attitude to risk, commercial skills are required or , why not , could be developed playing .

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

To make it easier :
Shops all in a map reachable by teleport
Inside no pvp, no rocks, no trees no fishing
Each spot available has a writing 'shop on sale' can be bought like a house and assume name of the owner
Better this way? :)

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

hungry_wolf wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm To make it easier :
Shops all in a map reachable by teleport
Inside no pvp, no rocks, no trees no fishing
Each spot available has a writing 'shop on sale' can be bought like a house and assume name of the owner
Better this way? :)
Much better!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

An "extension" to a house leaves out all those people that do not own a house.

But why not an "in game purchase" of 10 slot in an "existing shop".

For example I pay 10m for 10 spaces that will be added to Kedington Shop. It only takes one extra space in the shop. [Private sales]

Click on that and there is a list of players names that have bought 10 spaces to sell stuff.

hungry_wolf
LostKnight
SellkSword

I click on my name, I am given the option to add an item/price and collect gold from sold items.

If I click on "hungry_wolf" I see the items he is offering. OH look the blade I want and only 250m! I click on it and the money goes to the "slot" and the item to my bag. Now people only see 9 items if hungry_wolf put 10 in there, but hungry_wolf comes and sees a slot with 250m in it, clicks on it and it goes into his bag. Now he can add another item and price

YUP, I like this.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Hmmm... So a shop location in a peaceful, easy to reach location, where players can put in items (at their own prices) and later retrieve their gold, rather than a house extension? Let me think a second... Could use an interface similar to clan or friend list to choose which player you wish to browse. Use shop interface while browsing a certain player. Could make the ability to use (sell in it) it a purchase (to help support game). Buyers need not purchase. Would make it too 1sided.

Next question is: "Location?"
If only 1 location were to be used, bank town or Ardesia city would be ideal. Each activation of a purchase would increase the number of items you could sell.
If activated at a shop, and it only affects that shop, that's another idea. Multiple purchases would be needed to affect every shop (cumulatively), and possibly multiple purchases could be used at those shops to increase number of items you can sell at each.

As I see it, the hardest part of this would be coding the new storage, as well as the new purchases, without abusable bugs. However, the profit potential for FT (players AND creator) make it an idea worth trying.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

^ Are you suggesting a "purchase" the way a pet or house is purchased to be able to set up a "Private Shop"?
Restricted to only those with a credit card. :(

I would strongly suggest that these "Private Shops" not be allowed/enabled to sell anything that is bought in the "Extra Stuff" menu. Just items found, dropped or crafted ingame.

I was thinking "ingame gold" to purchase the "10 spaces", otherwise I'd just sell all the extra stuff I have to shops or give it away as I do now. I find it to time consuming to sit at map 0.0 and try and sell stuff.

I used Kedington Shop as an example, I'd put low level stuff there, in other shops if I bought a pack of 10 spaces, I'd put higher level items.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think there are a few options, and it depends on whether you wanted to make it more of a "chosen way to play the game," or just expanding the ways everyone can sell items.

If, as the OP suggests, this is a unique way to play the game, then I think you would need to have some "startup costs," so to speak, as one would when they open a business. You have to get your business put together, pay a bunch of overhead, and really get into it. FT isn't going to change to an mmorpg/merchant simulator, so I don't know how far you could go. I know between zero and zilch about coding, but tying it to a house or a real money purchase seems to make sense as one option.

As an in game option maybe you have to be a set level and make it a quest to get things ready? (250+ and finished the kraken island string of quests so you are a hero, maybe?) Maybe quite a lot of chopping and mining needed? Play up the setting up part and require the player purchase 10-20x of each lower level item to "stock" the store, and other things to get ready? Basically, this would be a lot of work

Then we get various ideas to allow people to more freely exchange or sell items, and there have been quite a few that I recall myself. How many comments are there in various posts about not wanting to hang out at spawn forever to try and sell stuff? I mentioned above issues trying to work out purchases made in the forum with someone I've never seen before as well. Maybe you make a "bazaar" or something where you can either browse items or rent a stall and sell. Rent a stall (i.e., set number of spaces) and you get them for a certain number of days according to FT time? Have to keep paying every ___ days to keep renting, and if you don't remove items or keep renting you lose them? Something like LK's 10 spaces or some other lower amount would be good. Yeah, some idiot may try to sell 10 fish or whatever, but his idiocy (in the bazaar only, sadly) would be limited in scope. I'm all for something anywhere along these lines!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Any idea to stop spam selling is good.