Bank

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: Bank

Post by Gullander »

I have mixed feelings on this subject...let me explain. Firstly I do own a house and being able to store pets is a feature that makes it desirable to have. To be able to store pets at the bank without the expense seems a diminishing of the house experience. However secondly, I also have an account who does not have a house. I do have the resources in real money or game money to buy a pet and did buy two. As a reward for leveling and getting new quests available to me my pets were forever tethered to me and sadly perished with the new area open to me. Man would I like to have had the option of storing my pets for that! I can only imagine those without a credit or debit card how hard it is to cough up 2B gold each time for a new pet bought at 0.0 when a similar scenario befalls them. So like I said mixed feelings...someone mentioned before a pet hotel used for short periods of time for a gold fee. This might satisfy both sides...a temporary protection for pets but have to be paid for...this way the house owners still have the advantage for their investment and non house owners can do hard quests without risking their investment in pets. If such an option became available it should not be cheap to store them to discourage continual use and be only for a short period like till next reset then pets are back to owners. I'm sure with all things in a game the question may be proposed about abuse of this...such as storing pets to go pvp not for a quest..and I am sure other scenarios. Bottom line though I do feel the pain of those who lose pets not because they are being stupid or careless but because they have no other option but to have the pets with them 24/7 wherever they go and whatever they do. I don't like having to buy pets again and can...but I know from experience there are many players who dont have the largess to just get pets again every time they get in harms way which in reality the risk of losing them may hinder them from even attempting quests for fear of loss. Of course the other option is just don't buy pets if you cant store them...or know that you will lose them and this is just part of playing FT. This is also true...yet my humanity in this subject is not satisfied with such a cold and easy answer.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Gullander wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:22 pm I have mixed feelings on this subject...let me explain. Firstly I do own a house and being able to store pets is a feature that makes it desirable to have. To be able to store pets at the bank without the expense seems a diminishing of the house experience. However secondly, I also have an account who does not have a house. I do have the resources in real money or game money to buy a pet and did buy two. As a reward for leveling and getting new quests available to me my pets were forever tethered to me and sadly perished with the new area open to me. Man would I like to have had the option of storing my pets for that! I can only imagine those without a credit or debit card how hard it is to cough up 2B gold each time for a new pet bought at 0.0 when a similar scenario befalls them. So like I said mixed feelings...someone mentioned before a pet hotel used for short periods of time for a gold fee. This might satisfy both sides...a temporary protection for pets but have to be paid for...this way the house owners still have the advantage for their investment and non house owners can do hard quests without risking their investment in pets. If such an option became available it should not be cheap to store them to discourage continual use and be only for a short period like till next reset then pets are back to owners. I'm sure with all things in a game the question may be proposed about abuse of this...such as storing pets to go pvp not for a quest..and I am sure other scenarios. Bottom line though I do feel the pain of those who lose pets not because they are being stupid or careless but because they have no other option but to have the pets with them 24/7 wherever they go and whatever they do. I don't like having to buy pets again and can...but I know from experience there are many players who dont have the largess to just get pets again every time they get in harms way which in reality the risk of losing them may hinder them from even attempting quests for fear of loss. Of course the other option is just don't buy pets if you cant store them...or know that you will lose them and this is just part of playing FT. This is also true...yet my humanity in this subject is not satisfied with such a cold and easy answer.
This is pretty much my exact view on the issue, with the same for/against thoughts. Pet deaths sprinkled in there as well.

As mentioned, there have been a few suggestions along these lines before with pet corrals, parking, bank storage, etc. I do enjoy where things went with storing pets in houses, but non-house pet storage hasn't really moved much lately. No reason it can't come up again though!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agreed. Gullander said it best so I won't add to it.

There is a stable that we haven't seen the potential of yet.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

But there is another problem. Pets cannot hold items when they are in a house and that's the kink¹ I see here. For that reason I don't see this coming to be.

If you have 'homeless' pets, "Pet Shop" or "Extra Stuff", make sure they are "empty" is before playing StarPet Trek.
"It's life time mission; to go where no pet has gone before!"

HOWEVER:

I am of the same mind as Gullander and SellSword, It would be nice to be able to "get a room and board my 'homeless' pets" and like most Room & Board places, it comes with a price tag. BUT ONLY: IF THE PET IS EMPTY

Disagree with "next reset" though, as there are 24 different timezones and the daily reset time for some could be very inconvenient.

Sometimes one can start a quest, log for the night, and finish the quest the next day or two.

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Aside from the possible flaws already mentioned, I see one MAJOR possible abuse for pets automatically going back to owner: too many pets. Store, buy more, get back automatically? Bad idea. A better possibility might be that you have to pay to get them back, based on the time/day stored/retrieved (resets can come at odd times, so number of resets would be imprecise).
If the stored "entity" (house owners know what I mean) had a timestamp in their code (if pets regen after 15 minutes, they already do), the retrieval fee could be based on that. No auto pets. Abuse would be too easy.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 am Aside from the possible flaws already mentioned, I see one MAJOR possible abuse for pets automatically going back to owner: too many pets. Store, buy more, get back automatically? Bad idea. A better possibility might be that you have to pay to get them back, based on the time/day stored/retrieved (resets can come at odd times, so number of resets would be imprecise).
If the stored "entity" (house owners know what I mean) had a timestamp in their code (if pets regen after 15 minutes, they already do), the retrieval fee could be based on that. No auto pets. Abuse would be too easy.
I had a similar thought about this before: park a pet and pay ___ gold for ___ hours of parking. Similar to a parking meter, I guess, where you pre-pay for the time you think you need, and if your time runs out and you're still parked there you might get a ticket. No idea what the "ticket" would be in FT, but it'd cause a number of complaints!

I do prefer the reverse way of thinking about it, sort of like madmaniacal1 suggests. You could go with a somewhat high base fee to start, and then an hourly fee or whatever it ends up being. (That's airport parking to keep the horrible metaphore going...) I think rates would have to scale with level though for obvious reasons.

Of course, as Leone points out there is a stable that is more or less unknown at this time. Maybe it's for parking pets? Maybe it's connected to the various animals you're not qualified to ride? Maybe Eurystheus has a task for Hercules to do there? (Ok, that was super bad!) Time will tell.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I can clear one thing up, if only to help this conversation from taking an unnecessary detour lol - the stables will not be used for storing pets
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

I keep going back to this nagging feeling I have about paying $50 for a house. Where is the incentive for players to buy houses in the future if this feature is implemented?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:12 pm I keep going back to this nagging feeling I have about paying $50 for a house. Where is the incentive for players to buy houses in the future if this feature is implemented?
Back of my mind as well ... but still, some under 18, older than 60 don't have credit cards.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Leone wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:12 pm I keep going back to this nagging feeling I have about paying $50 for a house. Where is the incentive for players to buy houses in the future if this feature is implemented?
CRAFTING! ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏