Pvp

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

witch

Pvp

Post by witch »

Hi (^.^)/ , i would like to share and idea with all of you it's about pvp , i was thinking in a new pvp system i dont know if it's possible but i would like to have a
PVP INVITATION LETTER
, im so tired of those cowards atacking you while you're having fun killing monsters , they dont only pvp to you they are treatening your pets (not all players do this but lots do ), some others kill pets like this , im tired of those cowards asking you something and when you're busy typing back they start atacking you, or how about those who just jump over you b'cos your gear , or the cowards who wait 'till you red to kill you , and some others that atack just because , or like when you are checking your bags and then 😱 you dead because someone showed up n kill you (this is kinda my fault🙈🙈 b'cos you have to keep your eyes open ), i used to be bullied a lot when i was low and they not only killed me they spawned and killed my pets and lost items 😥(mages are butter when they low ) , i reported it , but my screams never been heard i know ! I know ! I sound like a crying baby 🙊🙊, well it was hard , time passed and luckly i found good friends that protected me and they saved me many times ,i really appeciate that , i saw many people having pvp hard days , they asked me for help but i cant do nothing they are getting bullied , the only thing i can say is pm a gm but gms are getting more n more work and i feel guilty for sending them more work , i just want a fair pvp for all more fun and enjoyable(it may help to stop pvp abusers,killer pets and less pvp complaints ) well back to
PVP INVITATION LETTER
• You can accept or decline pvp
• it will be only for unclan people.(people who are not in clan )
• you can pvp only with the player or players depends on how many pvp invitations you accept at same time(this could help to stop blockers (if you're mage and it will stop extra players atacking you too ) it will be more fair 1vs1 or 1vs ? Depends if you accept more than 1 pvp letter
•to send pvp letter you have to be same lv or 3 lvs up ,3lvs down depends on your lv of course you cant send pvp letter to lower players .
• And you wont be in a black list of a player forever , you could pvp only if you want, and you will have the oportunity to pvp 1vs1 or 1vs multiplayer .
•there's always a high risk to be come outlaw 5 kills you outlaw (fresh food for all of us 😈😈🙊😁)..
Someone told me that i'm the worse pvp player and he/she right , monsters atacking me + a player attacking spawning more , of course i am the worse pvp player .
But with pvp system ppl like this will stop using monsters to atack u. If they want pvp they have to wait till you accept , obviously you and your pets will try find a safe spot to battle will b more fun , and i think it will be easier to catch pet killers , what are they going to say "oh we were pvp and monsters came from nowhere. " (now you brought them here cos we are not pvping ).
Well ,i would like to add more but for now this is the main idea 😁😁.. well ty ty to all the ppl who check this post (^.^)/ .
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
SellSword

Re: Pvp

Post by SellSword »

I've made my views known before that I'm not into PvP and don't have any desire to get into it. I'd be all for this because you can do it if you wanted to and avoid it if you don't want to. Simple enough!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I'm in! I like it ...

Answer to PvP Invite: No TY.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Dr.Wheelbarrow

Post by Dr.Wheelbarrow »

Thumbs up from me 👍
vlad198401

Post by vlad198401 »

Hehe. If PvP is not free, you do not need to do the following:
  • Purchase weekly PvP protection.
  • Purchase a house to be able to craft and avoid clanning.
  • Purchase pets to lvl up faster to revenge your offender.
So I do not believe that PvP will ever be limited in any way apart from present state.
FT`ing life away
witch

Post by witch »

many people are in clan because they tired of being harrased by others(in my opinion if you dont like pvp joining a clan brings you more pvp ) , clans provide protection ,a place to craft and extra spaces to save items , that wich is good but i heard some got robbed by players that joinned clan just to steal that's so sad.. so imagine if we could walk freely ,we won't need to join a clan ,but we will need a place to craft and extra spaces to save items , is true they need to lost pvp protection purchase (i bought 1 one day didn't work ) but i think house purchase , extra space (both house and bank ) will increase and about buying pets that won't stop everyone wants to buy pets ,are extra bags ,helps you to lv up faster and reach the lv you desire to pvp your enemy (^.^) , ... no matter how hard gms work putting pet killers in jail , more will appear , it's our responsability to keep eyes open !, so again people will buy pets .so i think game won't lose money .
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

vlad198401 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 am Hehe. If PvP is not free, you do not need to do the following:
  1. Purchase weekly PvP protection.
    • True, this won't get sold. But how many buy this "every week" anyway. And I doubt clan members can use it.
  2. Purchase a house to be able to craft and avoid clanning.
    • True, you can craft in a clan, so no house needed ... at U$50 a house that's a lot that the developer will loose.
    • Your argument, however, does not hold water here. A LOT of clan members I know, have houses to put their valuable stuff in so it's not stolen by unscrupulous clan members in clan storage buildings. See witch's post above.
    • Or lost in clan wars when the building is destroyed.
  3. Purchase pets to lvl up faster to revenge your offender.
    • Revenge is not a part of MY GAME! I can see that it is for you though, and that is your choice.
    • My pets are to help me level to get at other quests, and
    • carry various minerals I mine or or magic trunks I chop.
    • I also use them to protect low level players that go into dangerous areas for them to complete their quests.
However, sadly, for as much as people in the game suggest that the game can accommodate both PvP and non-PvP players it is falling on the deaf ears of the developer. He wants PvP in the game so the game gets PvP.

And if I'm not fast enough at logging a PvP loving coward that waits until my lifeline is low when grinding to attack has a 30% chance of stealing ,YES! I said STEAL, my hard earned gear! PvP brings out the worst in people; PERIOD! But human beings in RL like to fight and kill each other as well, so they bring that mentality into the pixel world. A good 90% of the times I have been attacked, I was grinding to level, distracted when the PvP loving cowards attack.

And I agree with witch. With both PvP and Non-PvP I think the game would earn more money for the developer. It's already attracting the PvP players. A lot of my early friend that don't like PvP have left the game already and I have less than a year playing, some of my early friends only last a couple of months.

Adding a few hundred thousand players that will stay for years playing and spending cash that don't like PvP and just watch this game will take off.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Believe it or not I have had at least 3 different players ask me "do you want to PVP?" This is by far the exception...I agree most attacks have come when I was relatively defenseless mining or already in battle with monsters or message you sneak attacks. Like the lioness seeking the weak and young of the herd that is the mentality...not looking for a fight with honor that gives equality of opportunity. The game story line frowns on evil Sebastius and his pernicious monks...yet in reality often the game favors and or rewards his alignment. The real world is complicated too...and the game has evolved since its early days...and sometimes evil days prevail. But it is also in this pixel world the responsibility and opportunity of the Gods if you will, the developer, to bring sanity and rightness to this game called Forgotten Tales. Either way I like this game and am glad for it's existence so I say this not to be critical of the work done but as a friendly suggestion and nudge as friends are good to do when we struggle to make right choices but their input makes us pause and reexamine ourselves.

For those who don't know me I tend to see things in philosophical/diplomatic terms...i beg your indulgence....thank you
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good post Gull.

When people ask 'do you want to train?' , I usually expect an ulterior motive unless I know them. Maybe that's just me.

Personally, I'm going to vote against the majority in this thread and say I like the current system. Thinking about it, it could be because it's always been this way. But it works for me. Yes I'm in a clan but I spent over a year not being in one and the system still worked as far as I'm concerned.

I do agree with vlad's earlier post tbh ... BUT ... look at the rule changes today. Things move on that we wouldn't have thought of a year or two ago.

Who knows with PvP?
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

pvp system is good the way it is
Ryaca_1 is retired