The autoclicker eater

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The autoclicker eater

Post by LostKnight »

Cleopatra wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:38 pm I like this idea!!!
the 5 minute log-off timer works pretty well with the exception of the auto clickers. Of course I will admit I get quite a lot of rewards reporting auto clickers. This would take away my job of hunting lol. But for the greater good I do see this idea with potential
You should run a course on: "How to detect auto-clickers"
I want front row centre!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LostKnight wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:36 pm
Cleopatra wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:38 pm I like this idea!!!
the 5 minute log-off timer works pretty well with the exception of the auto clickers. Of course I will admit I get quite a lot of rewards reporting auto clickers. This would take away my job of hunting lol. But for the greater good I do see this idea with potential
You should run a course on: "How to detect auto-clickers"
I want front row centre!
[ADMIT ALL. FRONT ROW CENTER]
Simple. No chat response, or a repeated one every so often. Repetitive movement/skill actions, even if spawn is stopped/blocked/intercepted. Sometimes, automatic attack as soon as mobs get in range. That is how I used to detect them when I was hunting them.
This lesson only applies to grinding or trades usages. Proving autoclicker during pvp would require large volumes of log checks to verify click timing, but could be done.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 pm [ADMIT ALL. FRONT ROW CENTER]
Simple. No chat response, or a repeated one every so often. Repetitive movement/skill actions, even if spawn is stopped/blocked/intercepted. Sometimes, automatic attack as soon as mobs get in range. That is how I used to detect them when I was hunting them.
This lesson only applies to grinding or trades usages. Proving autoclicker during pvp would require large volumes of log checks to verify click timing, but could be done.
Not responding to a "Hi" is not required, and I am getting in the habit of late of using /filter or /filter friends not because I am anti social - quite the opposite in fact "chat death" gets me a LOT, but because I get tired of [money plz], [gimme gold], [can u donate gold], [need you come to next map now] etc. from people I do not know.

However ty for the rest interesting read... not sure how it works on "trade usage" though.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The auto clickers I've found haven't exactly been masterminds, like a dwarf standing on a spot that doesn't spawn while repeatedly using whatever the AoE skill is called with no mobs around. They must have some sort of "/filter intelligence" option or something that I haven't looked into...
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

Well that's just it - this idea would simply target the non-intelligent, afk ones.
As stated above, they don't have to respond to a player... but they do have to respond to a GM.
But also as the hunters above have said, they're quite easy to spot once you know how - observation skills are all you really need.
Considering they usually have A.I. that's not even as advanced as the original Pac-Man, outsmarting them is no hard feat.
Usually.
There are some more advanced ones, that will use more advanced tricks.
This is where this idea could shine, as it will severely cut back on those as well.
Really, you can see them, but after a while, you get tired of checking every map, and watching each and every player you come across for ten or twenty minutes before drawing conclusions; as the advanced ones need a little more observation to detect.
That job is quite taxing... I very well know... and here's a post to put that idea into perspective.
Personally, I think one of the biggest perks to this idea is, that it would give GMs a little more free time to help honest players - as they'd need to go looking for troublemakers a bit less.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Leone

Post by Leone »

MadMagus wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 pm
Personally, I think one of the biggest perks to this idea is, that it would give GMs a little more free time to help honest players
For this reason I'm behind it - as well as stopping the cheating obviously. I'd love - as I'd I'm sure the GMs would - that GM duties could be something like 50/50 helping players/solving infractions.

I'd love to see what it is now.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well, I'm all for anything that:

a. - stops cheaters, and
b. - helps relieve the workload of our GM's.

Hope this works out.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:06 am Well, I'm all for anything that:

a. - stops cheaters, and
b. - helps relieve the workload of our GM's.

Hope this works out.
Ditto these goals.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

MadMagus wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 pm This is a combination of ideas, and not 100% mine. Neon deserves some credit, as this is similar to his idea for the killerbunny, but it's also similar to my old idea.

What if a new mob was added, some kind of "nightmare", that attacks if you stay in a certain map too long? Or maybe it just wanders FT incessantly and looks for players to eat... Logging off/on should not restart the counter.. but this mob would perhaps be a little different.
You could not kill it in a normal fashion - weapons, spells, and pets will not affect it.
I can see a few possibilities:
- you cannot kill it at all, and have to run - this is a common theme in many video games
- you can only kill it with certain tactics - perhaps it's slow, or it'll pause next to you for a little while, and you have to hit a context button to scare it off somehow, i.e. shine a torch at it and it's scared away

if you fail, it kills you... and if it kills you often, well, that's a sign you're maybe not paying attention to the game *cough*autoclicker*cough*

this thing would eat autoclickers regularly, if designed properly ;)
and it may add a little excitement to the game itself

as per my older idea, perhaps a small (random) reward could be given to those that defeat it
Right now would be a great time for something along these lines to go into effect. Take your pick of any one of the ideas offered and it'd be a very much needed breath of fresh air for the game.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Which is quicker?

Find and report players and they are banned

Or

This idea

Both get my vote.

Let's work together,